 Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 19:26:11 -0500 (CDT)
 From: bonos@creighton.edu
 Subject: Meeting Ben Folds

 	Being a new member to the digest, I would like to relay a small
 portion of my St. Patrick's Day.  My wife and I went to see Ben Folds Five
 at the Ranch Bowl in Omaha, Nebraska.  It was the first time I had ever
 seen them, and though I was already in love with the album, I was even
 more captivated after experiencing them live.  Well, after the show, my
 wife and I are leaving, and who should be standing out in the hallway but
 Ben himself.  Now I like to think of myself as a rather easygoing person,
 not easily rattled in odd situations.  But here I was, standing next to
 Ben, and the best I could do was "I really loved the show."  I must have
 sounded like a moron, but Ben was quite cordial and thanked me rather
 geniunely.  Right after that my wife and I went to the parking lot to find
 that my car had ben broken into and my cd player stolen (along with
 Matthew Sweet's Girlfriend cd). Although I was terribly upset about the
 burglary, in hindsight it was worth it to see an amazing show and to meet
 a truly gifted and genuine artist.

 Date: 05 Jul 96 23:43:25 EDT
 From: noreen specht <76232.1433@CompuServe.COM>
 Subject: Ben Folds on Space Ghost

 On the latest episode of Space Ghost Coast to Coast on the cartoon network,
 they had Space Ghost's 30th birthday with about 30 guests.  Among those 30
 guests was ben Folds as I caught in the credits.  He must have been on for
 about a few seconds like all the guests.  Its a hiralrious episode
 regardless, but it's nice to see Ben on TV...

 James Specht

 Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 00:38:57 -0600
 From: David Wright <adavidw@itsnet.com>
 Subject: RE: Ben Folds Five Digest, Issue #112

  Date: Thu, 04 Jul 1996 00:50:21
  From: Bruce Herrier <SashaHB@gnn.com>
  Subject: BFF live covers

 >Two other questions about the Tucson show:
 > 		- The band mentioned something about the show being
 > broadcast over the Net.  Is there a recording of this someplace?

 The Club Congress, where BFF played that night, has a thing they call
 ClubCam, which takes a picture of the inside of the club every 45 seconds
 or so and sticks it on a web page. No audio, though. I'm originally from
 Tucson, and though I couldn't be there for the show, I did watch the
 (slowly) moving pictures on the web. I use this to keep track of what's
 happening with some of my favorite Tucson bands.

 If you'd like to see a picture of BFF taken by the Club Congress ClubCam,
 check out http://hotcong.com/congo/bestof/bestof.htm

 Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 04:46:36 +0500
 From: Jon Glass <jglass@n1.globalvision.net>
 Subject: BF5 magazine tip/kool band

 Hey,

 Saw a copy of the June/July issue of "Flipside" magazine yesterday at a
 local record shop and it featured a fairly lengthy q&a with BF5. My money
 went to other things (new Bedhead, Geraldine Fibbers, issue of The Bob and
 old Brenda Kahn) so I had to pass, but you might want to check it out.

 For those in the Southeast -- and elsewhere for that matter -- you should be
 on the lookout for Jump Little Children. The Charleston, S.C. band is
 stirring quite a buzz in its home state for extremely fun live shows and
 seem to be traveling more this summer. As far as the sound, JLC includes a
 stand-up bassist, cellist, guitar, drums and a talented member who has
 mastered the accordian and melodica. Best comparison would be a mix of Poi
 Dog Pondering, They Might Be Giants and Arrested Development. Don't shy away
 from the CD either -- it's darn good as well. They are high on my
 recommended list of regional touring bands along with Bus Stop and the Floyds.

 So you know what I'm thinking at 4:20 on a Saturday morning,

 jon
 jglass@globalvision.net

 Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 09:08:28 -0700
 From: Erick J Boenisch <erick4@ix.netcom.com>

         I'm a felow Ben Folds fan with you guys.   I first heard it at
 work last September, and I have been hooked ever since.  I work at
 Tower Records so I have been pushing that CD for about 9 months now.
 Anyways, I would appreciate it if you would put me on the mailing list.
 Thanx!!

 Date: Sat, 06 Jul 1996 14:21:05 -0500 (EST)
 From: borcheva@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu
 Subject: new album?

 I'm sure I'm hitting a topic that's already been discussed, but I was
 just wondering when BF5's new album is supposed to come out?  I've heard
 October from some people, but I just wanted to confirm that.
 Also, has anyone heard about what's going to be on it?

 Thanks,
 Vicky

 ps- this is totally unrelated, but I think the Judybats are great too!

 -------------------------------------
 **Vicky**

 MSTie #37366
 email me@: borcheva@miavx1.muohio.edu
            CommSign@aol.com
 -------------------------------------

    [I don't think there's a date set but it should be late this year or
 early next year. -fjm]

 Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 13:49:57 -0700
 From: ahellcat@sprynet.com
 Subject: Re: Ben Folds Five Digest,

 Hello!  I'm new to the list and would just like to share a few things and
 ask a few small questions...here goes:

 I first learned about bff from a radio show called Modern Rock Live.  I
 don't remember how long ago this was broadcasted...just that the band
 totally blew me away!  Does anyone know where to get a copy of this
 broadcast?  I've wondered that about other MRL shows as well...

 After I heard this broadcast, I started searching evrywhere for the
 cd...nobody here had ever heard of them!  Then I bought a cd-rom magazine
 and was wonderously surprised by a review of the cd and some sound clips
 that i didn't even know were there!  I played the clips over and over
 again and then determined that i NEEDed that cd!  I WOULD have it!  Just
 as I had given up, a friend surprised me with it near christmastime.
 Yeeeeeeeeeeees!  Imagine my excitement when I opened the box....

 Lastly, I would like to ask your opinion about a little dilemma of
 mine...I want to see bff live (who doesn't?) but the only dates close to
 home are lollopalooza and neil young...lllplza is like 40$ and that is the
 *only* band i want to see....  Neil Young would possibly be cheaper but i
 refuse to buy crap seats...how much could front row tickets to Neil Young
 be??!!?  Which concert should I go to?? Also, I'm having trouble finding a
 fellow fan to accompany me to said concert.  (Actually, I have yet to find
 one person who's even heard of them!) If there is anybody out there in the
 Baltimore/Annapolis/D.C.  area...please e-me so we can talk!

 Thanks!
 autumn.   (ahellcat@sprynet.com)

 Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 20:15:12, -0500
 From: MR MARC FACTOR <RFAA93A@prodigy.com>
 Subject: Ben Folds Five on week in rock

 hello,

 hey for about a half a second you can see bff in a segment on
 lalapalooza past present and future thing.  ben was standing playing
 his piano making a really weird face and then they just switched to a
 different band. but hey, exposures got to start somewhere right?  hey
 frank is bff gonna play the lola. date in ny? take it easy everyone,
 stop the bus.
 brian

    [Not sure. -fjm]

 Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 22:39:43 -0400
 From: zerocool@magg.net
 Subject: 411 Please...

 Hi out there I've been reading along w/ you now for several issuses, and I
 have a question.Can someone tell me when the first half of the lollapalooza
 tour ends and the second half begins?? I would love to see Ben Folds live
 again, but being as he was just down here in West Palm last month we
 probably won't be graced w/ his presence again so soon.

  *Also if there are any Ben Folds fans in the West Palm area drop me a line
 or two and say hi. It would be cool to know there are others nearby.

 Gina
 Quote of the Day

 " If you really loved me she said, I wouldn't have to be so mean "

 Date: Sun, 7 Jul 1996 16:46:21 +1000 (EST)
 From: Leigh Wardle <mincad@ozemail.com.au>
 Subject: No BFF in Australia

 Hi I live in Australia and I heard the BFF's single Underground a couple of
 weeks ago and just fell in love with the band straight away. So I went out
 to my local CD store to buy the albulm and they didn't have it. So I looked
 around and I couldn't find it anywhere! None of the record stores were
 getting it in coz they didn't think it would be big! I've ordered it and it
 is coming next week!

 Date: Sun, 07 Jul 1996 18:35:47 -0400
 From: Geoff Pitchford <edtoge@nr.infi.net>
 Subject: MtvNews and Lollapalooza

 	Next week on MTV's Week in Rock, they news will include a
 segment on all the second stage bands includedin this years Lollapalooza
 gig. Ben Folds Five being one of the second stage bands will be
 included, so stay tuned. You can catch the show at 12:30pm ET next
 sunday or you can visit the MTV homepage around the same time next week
 to view the story in print. If any more Ben info becomes available I'll
 send it right along. LATER.

                When seconds pass slowly and years go flying by