 Date: Fri, 08 Nov 1996 23:39:49 EST
 From: john_oc@juno.com
 Subject: Re: Favorite bands and BFF airplay

 Hello to all.  This is my first post.  I would like to inform all of you
 that I am a radio DJ at my local college radio station.  I have made sure
 that we play a BFF song just about everyday inbetween 3 and 4 o'clock
 everyday as school gets out.  It has gotten to the point that people now
 request Uncle Walter more so than Underground.  Uncle Walter has made
 light rotation while Underground is stuck back in the recurrents.  The
 radio station is 101.5 the Rock in Westerville, Ohio at Otterbein
 College, #3 for barron's best buys in Midwestern Liberal Arts Colleges.
 Westerville is just north of Columbus, Ohio if you are ever in town, feel
 free to drop by the station.  I am getting my own showcase next quarter,
 and hopefully by then I will have plenty of new BFF to enlighten my
 audience with.

 Date: Sat, 09 Nov 1996 20:17:08 +1100
 From: Earthy Rock <custer@ros.com.au>
 Subject: BFF BDO

 > Just curious re: tour dates in Australia - I hear they will be
 > performing in the Big Day Out.  Can this be confirmed?

    It's concrete.  Dead cert...

 Ad.

 Date: 09 Nov 1996 09:50:00 +0100
 From: Daniel Rodrigues Parreira <parreira@aquawolf.xs4all.nl>
 Subject: 11/6: Paradiso, Amsterdam

 Is it normal for BF5 to play live *this* late? I just found out they
 probably will begin with their concert on the 16th well past midnight! So
 technically it's the 17th...

           _        _           _
  _       | \      |_)         |_)             parreira@aquawolf.xs4all.nl
 (_iao... |_/aniel | \odrigues |arreira          parreira@ecsi.chem.uva.nl
                                                         parreira@tmbg.org
 amsterdam, the netherlands, europe

 Date: Sat, 9 Nov 96 15:28:10 -0000
 From: Charles D Folds <4rachuck@concentric.net>
 Subject: answers to questions

 >...I have not heard back
 > from Chuck on the rest of the answers - I assume Ben got busy with the
 > tour and recording, so it might still be a while..
 Bingo.
 The last couple of times I talked to Ben he mentioned trying to finish it.
 So I know it was on his mind, he just didin't have time.
 sorry
 chuck

 Date: Mon, 11 Nov 1996 14:28:53 AEST-10
 From: HHOR1@CFS01.CC.MONASH.EDU.AU
 Subject: no 157, also...

 counting crows...
 when i heard you guys mention that BFF was mentioned in their song
 'monkey'  i went out to the local record store just to have a listen.
  mmmm, definitley not converted to the crows....

 t-shirts...
 just so people know the t-shirts are like the cd cover picture, with
 a photo of the band in the corner and that piano stick picture over
 the top.  not particularly sexy, but they do the job!

 Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 09:55:00 -0800
 From: gillet@mail.oeonline.com
 Subject: bf5 in amsterdam

 a message mainly for all the dutch bf5 fans

 as you proabably know they will play the paradiso at the 16th of november.
 after the screaming trees concert at 24:00 in the small,upstairs room of
 the paradiso. you can get in from 23:30 but if you go to the screaming trees
 first, bf5 is free. otherwise it's 12,50.

 hot news is that also will be appearing in 'leidsekade live'. the radioshow
 every sundaynight 20:00-22:00 on radio 3. this is recorded in the same room
 in the paradiso sunday afternoon from around 14:45 til 18:00. other bands are
 van vollenhoven and the undeclinable ambuscade from holland and ozark henry
 from belgium. all bands will play about 3 or 4 songs. tickets are free and you
 just have to call the KRO at 035-6713547.

 hope to see you there.
 joris gillet

 met vriendelijke groet		listen every mondaynight 9-10 to
 joris gillet			SUBBACULCTHA my weekly 'alternative'
 uitgeest, the netherlands	radioshow on the local radiostation
 gillet@pi.net 			here in uitgeest, the netherlands !!

 Date: Tue, 12 Nov 1996 14:49:31 +0900
 From: Azusa Motohashi <st31285@srv.cc.hit-u.ac.jp>
 Subject: I got BFF Scorebook!!!

  Hi , everyone
   Today I got the scorebook for "Ben Folds Five " Mr. Alan Wolmark mentioned
  in the #152.  It's Great!!!!!!
    The book has all songs from "Jackson Cannery " to "Tom and Mary" .
    These scores are reorganized for piano solo (what I meant to say is  these
   scores are different from  Ben's play. Right hand plays mainly melody and
   left hand plays back.). And  they are arranged  to play easily  for us.
  ( A magazine had  only "Philosophy" score before. The score was as same as
   Ben's touch. It's very difficult to play .)
     Alan said  "It will have scores ........as well as previously
 unreleased photos
   of the band or ones that have only been seen in Japanese magazines.",too.
   But it has only one picture in the cover.And  we saw this before in the
   magazine which is published by same company, I think . Ben ,Robert and Darren
   walked with smile on the lobby at the hotel in Tokyo.
      I'll enjoy  playing the piano all this night.

   And I want to tell you another good news .Ben Folds Five got the "Best Group"
  prize at J-WAVE AWARD. J-WAVE is a FM station in Tokyo.(BFF was on this
  radio station's program when they were in Japan) And the station hold
  an annual award. The way the winner are choosen in voting by listeners.

   Azusa  Motohashi
   e-mail  address  :st31285@srv.cc.hit-u.ac.jp
   address    :  817-2    Kitaotsuka
                      Sakado-si  , Saitama-ken
                      350-02      JAPAN

    [The scorebook will be available to US fans via the new WWW site that
 the band is setting up. I'll post something when it's available. -fjm]

 Date: Fri, 8 Nov 1996 20:49:32 -0600 (CST)
 From: DANIEL H MEANS <dhm5211@omega.uta.edu>
 Subject: BF5-IRC anyone?

 Hi everybody!
 I was wondering if there is a BF5 irc channel out there already
 established that I havn't found. And if not would anyone be interested in
 starting one? Such as on EFNet #BenFoldsFive? If anyone's interested we
 should coordinate some kind of meeting schedule or something or else just
 start showing up whenever. Email me or post to the Magical Armchair if
 anyone would like to do this. Bye bye everybody! Daniel.

          The truth of it is that I feel guilty for not giving a s***