Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 12:02:21 +1000
From: Very Fruity Indeed <ad@healey.com.au>
Subject: BoWCCL single

Hey people,

   You know, a funny thing happened to me on Thursday.  I went into my
local record store and asked if BoWCCL had been released locally yet and
the store guy goes, 'You've already got that'.  I was like, 'HUH?  I didn;t
even know it had been released locally!!!'  He then told me I picked it up
about a month ago.  I was sooo sure I had never even seen the single, coz I
never even knew it existed locally in Australia!!!  Anyway, here;s the go.
I gets home and have a look through my CDs, and sure enough, there that
baby is.  I still haven't listened to them b-sides yet.  Ah well, that'll
learn me...

BYE!!!

Ad.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
&                   Ironside                      &
&      "...the 17th best band in the world"       &
& http://www.healey.com.au/HomePages/ad/ironside/ &
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 22:08:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: Iaff <aiaffal1@ic3.ithaca.edu>
Subject: Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #237

Hey guys...

- -Just out of curiosity.. Is anyone out there going to the BFF show at
Saratoga Winners in Saratoga, NY? If so, drop me an e-mail...

- -Anthony

			-=Anthony Iaffaldano=-
		    -=Corporate Communication Major=-
			  -=ITHACA COLLEGE=-
			  Ph#: (607) 375-5705
- ---=-=------=-=-----=-=------=-=-----=-=------=-=-----=-=-----=-=-----=-=--
	"People do not like to think. If one thinks,
	 one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are
	 not always pleasant."

				-Helen Keller
- ---=-=------=-=-----=-=------=-=-----=-=------=-=-----=-=-----=-=-----=-=--

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 21:29:51 -0500
From: Geoffrey McNulty <gmcnulty@students.wisc.edu>
Subject: re: whatever and ever...

uh, since when does randy travis come before the silliness of catholic prayer?

geoff

>Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 13:21:10 -0400
>From: dmaceach@is2.dal.ca (Daniel MacEachern)
>Subject: excuse me?
>
>> I'm surprised at the number of people who don't get this. Almost as
>> surprised as I am that nobody seems to figure out that the title "Whatever
>> and Ever, Amen", is a takeoff on Randy Travis' "Forever and Ever, Amen".
>> Study your pop culture history, folks, and the world will open up to you...
Geoffrey McNulty               |       "...there comes a time when
Entertainment Writer           |    you want to roast marshmallows
gmcnulty@students.wisc.edu     |                over your own fire."
(608) 264-0123                 |                       --Tori Amos
My New Home Page!!! http://www.angelfire.com/wi/geomac

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 22:38:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: Alanica@aol.com
Subject: Re: Calling all those to be in Atlanta on 5/3!

Hi Again! It's me Alanica. Ok, First of all I would just like to say that all
of those going to the Midtown Music Festival we REALLY need to get together.
We also need to have some sort of signs or something to identify ourselves. I
know someone had mentioned that( sorry I don't remeber who) but it's a good
idea. Oh, and can we please not use that Satan is my master phrase? Sorry, I
just don't want to use it. Also, I really need to know specific stage and
time the guys will be on- Stefany already asked this but I don't think she's
gotten a response yet. Can you belive it? Greenville still hasn't gotten any
air play? We are just so behind on what's up. Oh, well.  Well, this is all I
have to say for now.

bye-bye
Alanica

" it's industrial, work it underground!"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 22:37:00 -0500
From: Randi <rn21ja19@idt.net>
Subject: BFF on The Laser 105.9

Hello everyone,
   Ok so it looks like I’m not going to the Lawrence show.  For all of
you in the Kansas City and Lawrence area that aren’t going either on Mon
April 21 the Laser 105.9 will have BFF on.  What time, I don’t know.
You’ll just have to listen.
   Also, everyone seems to have an opinion on whether or not BFF show go
mainstream.  First of all it isn’t up to the band, it’s up to the media
and fan like us.  I think it would be cool if they went mainstream.
Think about just how many people would get to hear them and become a
true fan.  I honestly don’t think they will EVER sell out.  Mainstream
is a double edge sword though.  If they go big their show could be
filled will posers and others, I think it was Kurt Cobain who said ”You
can’t pick your fans”.  On the other hand if they stay the way they are
they could get frustrated and brake up.  Well any way that’s my two
cents on the thing.

Randi
http://www.geocites.com/Hollywood/Lot/3847/

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 23:56:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: Mint-Chocolate <fender@grove.ufl.edu>
Subject: Re: Nothing to say. / Less "empty" posts.

Joel,
	I know it sounds like a good idea to "have us all talking about
the same thing", but I'm afraid with a list of this size you're really
going to cause a lot hassle for those looking for real info from this
list.  Even if 10% respond, we've flooded the list with 1/200 basically
useless messages (I have no idea of the actual size of this list, but it
has grow exponentially since "Battle" hit MTV and commercial radio.)  A
better idea would be to have people send their votes to a single user and
have him/her compile a list.  Sounds like a lot of work to me, and you
probably wouldn't want all those messages sent to you, right?  Well, you
get my point, I'm sure.  I don't mean to be rude at all, and I don't mind
at all that the list is so big.  But we're already having to sift through
lots of "Hi, i joined, bye" messages from new members and we don't all
have the time to sit and scroll through everything to get to an
informative/interesting post.  Everyone should make sure and consider the
size of this list before posting somewhat "empty" messages.
	But while I'm here I'll vote for "Video Killed the Radio Star".
Yeah, I know they already do that one, but it's SOOO good.  I read an
interview in Insite mag that said Ben has been listening to the Cardigans
lately.  Contemplating BF5 touring with the Card...  It can never happen.
This is an imperfect world, sadly enough.
	I hope my request for less "filler" didn't offend anyone.  After
all, no one has to listen to me anyway; I don't run this list!  See you
later, all!

Steve

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 00:18:03 -0400
From: Kieran Cox <krocox@UDel.Edu>
Subject: Brick lyrics

I have been reading the latest postings concerning the lyrics of "Brick".
 The following is a list of the different ideas that I read

1.  The abortion theory.  The main idea of the song can lead toward this.
 The line "I walk down to buy her flowers and sell some gifts that I got"
makes sense.  As in he needs to sell his gifts to pay for the abortion (and
get her flowers 'cause he's a nice guy).  And "It's not me you're dying
for."  Is that addressed to the aborted fetus maybe?  But what about the
chorus?  "She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly."  How does that relate and
why are either of them "feeling more alone than (they) ever have before"?

2. The disease theory.  Maybe his girlfriend is dying of a disease - "As
weeks went by, it showed that she was not fine" and "It's not me you're
dying for."  Yeah, that could work, but there is the same question with the
chorus.  "She's a brick and I'm drowning slowly.  I'm feeling more alone
than I ever have before" makes it sound like she is holding him down.
 Maybe because he has to spend time caring for her?  Maybe it's the moral
dilemma that he loves her, but because she is disabled or has a disease or
whatever, she is holding him back from living his life.  That could explain
the chorus.  But what about "she broke down and I broke down cause I was
tired of lying."  Maybe, she started crying and he didn't want to deal with
it and said, I'm leaving because I don't care (and he's tired of lying that
he does.)  Then, he's driving her home to her apartment after he told her
he didn't care and though they were both together, they were alone, in the
long run.  ("Now I know it").
	Man, I think I got way too deep with this one.  What the hell am I talking
about anymore?  I don't know - maybe

3.  The underground theory.  Someone suggested that this was along the same
lines of underground and One Angry Dwarf...  The fact that he "paced around
the parking lot" as if waiting to be picked in gym class.  But, I think
that's the only line that makes any sense of that theory.

4.The "I don't like my life" theory.  Someone mentioned that the song
simply told the story of returning to normality after Christmas.  An
unhappy return to an unhappy life.  Setting the cold morning scene to go to
his girlfriends meaning that he does not want to go there, as if he doesn't
like his girlfriend.  The chorus could very well back this theory.  And
they both broke down because they didn't want to be together and he drove
her home and then they're both alone.  But what about calling her name at
7:30 and buying her flowers and "it's not me you're dying for"?  It might
fit?

	I don't have a theory of my own, I just love the song.  But I'm interested
to know what people think it means.  Probably, it's nothing as deep as any
of the theories, but it would be nice to think it has deep meaning.  While
- - meaning or not, it's an excellent song.  Can't wait for Philly Show on
April 30!!

Kro

Everyone has neat little quotes below their names.  I feel I should have
one too  "Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes.  That
way, if he gets mad, you'll be a mile away - and he'll be barefoot.
					Jack Handey