Issue #273 - April 30, 1997

Magical Armchair Digest   Wednesday, April 30 1997   Volume 01 : Number 273

PLEASE OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING:

     * DO NOT send unsubscribe requests to the posting address!!
       Send all administrative requests to
            armchair-request@maillist.il.ft.hse.nl
     * Change the subject of your reply to something pertaining to your
       message (not "Magical Armchair Digest, Volume X, Issue #nnn").
     * Keep your posts short. Remember, you are writing to over a thousand
       people. Long posts tend to ramble. Reread your message before
       sending it!
     * DON'T quote excessively, OR QUOTE THE ENTIRE DIGEST, when
       replying. Edit your quote to only the line or lines you are
       replying to. Remember, unlike Usenet, everyone's already seen the
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 17:06:33 -0400
From: Peter Laudati <plaudati@vt.edu>
Subject: FREE BFF concert in VA......want to go?

Hey all I have hit a bit of a problem.  Ben Folds Five are playing at
Lexington, Virginia - Washington & Lee University this May 2nd.  I want
to go really bad.  Unfortunately this is the same weekend of my finals.
The way my finals schedule worked out, I will be able to go to the
concert but none of my friends can accompany me.  I really don't want to
go alone.  So if anybody is in the Blacksburg, VA area or passing
through there I would love to go with you.  I am willing to drive to the
concert from there. Again like I mentioned the concert is FREE!  Just
E-Mail me if anyone is interested.
                               -Pete
plaudati@vt.edu
http://www.cybercomm.net/~melchers

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 20:34:07 +0000
From: dl <dl@cates.demon.co.uk>
Subject: UK Dates

Apparently BFF are playing London on the 23rd June. Not sure where though,
an agency lists it.

that's all.

dl

dl@cates.demon.co.uk

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 19:01:16 -0400
From: bpluta@rmc.edu (Brian Pluta)
Subject: 5/2 show @ Washington & Lee

Does anyone know if the show for this Friday at Washington & Lee in
Lexington. VA is actually going on as stated on the official tour schedule?

The W&L page says nothing about it.....

Thanks............................brian pluta    bpluta@rmc.edu

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 19:07:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: 47km67nb@abaco.coastalnet.com (Jennifer Delamar)
Subject: Re: HOrde,....

I wish I could go to Horde, but with the courses I am taking next year, in
my Senior classes, i doubt there will be a day I could afford to miss.  Say,
when are the dates, anyhow?

Karaoke Queen
Jennifer Delamar, actually.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 19:09:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: Shu2Stef@aol.com
Subject: Re: Meeting In Atlanta

Hi all!

Since I haven't gotten any better ideas, here's the deal for those who want
to meet for the Music Midtown show in Atlanta.  Be at The Cotten Club at
noon!  It's right across the street from the 99X/Miller Lite stage.  I'll
make a poster with Magical Armchair on it and we'll take it from there.

Hope to meet many BF5 fans there.

Stefanie Schumacher