Issue #290 - May 7, 1997

Magical Armchair Digest     Wednesday, May 7 1997     Volume 01 : Number 290

PLEASE OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING:

     * DO NOT send unsubscribe requests to the posting address!!
       Send all administrative requests to
            armchair-request@maillist.il.ft.hse.nl
     * Change the subject of your reply to something pertaining to your
       message (not "Magical Armchair Digest, Volume X, Issue #nnn").
     * Keep your posts short. Remember, you are writing to over a thousand
       people. Long posts tend to ramble. Reread your message before
       sending it!
     * DON'T quote excessively, OR QUOTE THE ENTIRE DIGEST, when
       replying. Edit your quote to only the line or lines you are
       replying to. Remember, unlike Usenet, everyone's already seen the
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 13:31:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: AGurley9@aol.com
Subject: I knew that--it's still inappropriate

     I just wanted to defend myself. I knew that Satan is My Master was a BF5
song. I still thought it was inappropriate.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 02:38:10 +0900
From: Chiori <chiori-t@ppp.fastnet.or.jp>
Subject: Re:"stale" set lists?

Rich wrote:
>see if BF5 has been playing the same setlist (and in the same order) every
>night. From the reviews that I've read, it looks like they are playing the
>same show every night - Cleveland, NYC, Detroit & Philly all opened with
>Missing the War and I think that the set from each of these shows omitted
>Uncle Walter and Sports & Wine.

Looking at the lists of 3 shows, they're not exactly the same.
(thanks to Chrysta for Cleveland list, Michael Newman for Lawrence KS list,
and Linda Tucker for Detroit list.)
BF5 did begin all 3 shows with Missing the war, and songs are almost the same,
but the orders are different, and they played 2 other covers and Uncle Walter
at Lawrence show.

Setlists might seem to be getting stale, but I think you can easily see the
shows can't get worn-out since the audience is always different. At least the
reviews don't sound anything bad, do they!

Well I'm going to try taping this friday's tokyo show. so I'll post the list
if I get it recorded right.

BTW, the opening act of tokyo shows is September 67. I have no idea if it's
from japan or overseas. Anyone hear of them before?

See ya!
Chiori =)

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 14:15:01 -0400
From: Steffen Donath <SDonath@compuserve.com>
Subject: BFF play German Open Air Festival

Hello all you European Benheads!!!

BFF will be playing at the Hurricane Festival on June 21-22 in
Scheessel/Germany (near Hamburg). The number for tickets is +49-40-418068.
Other bands playing the festival include: Sheryl Crow, Bad Religion,
Element of Crime, INXS, Phish, Skunk Anansie and Jamiroquai.

I haven't heard of any other dates but I presume that they are not only
playing at one festival.

GIVE ME MY ARMCHAIR BACK...YOU BITCH

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 16:11:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Alanica@aol.com
Subject: Re: Atlanta

Hello to all! I just wanted to say that the show was awesome, and I had a
blast. I thought that K's Choice was a great band to go before them.
Everyone's pretty much already posted their reviews, so I'm not going to say
to much about it. But they did play the Rockford files theme song at the end.
When I went to go get the guys autographs, I told Ben I was goign to get a
tatoo of the stick figure piano, but I don't think he heard me. Oh, well.
They are all super nice and even signed both my ticket stub and my program (
i left my cd at home : ( . ) I'm really glad I got to meet some of ya'll and
hopefully I'll see you again some time soon, when and if they come back to
some place near Atlanta. Nick - I hope your tape turns out alright, b/c my
friend and I were standing in front of you singing. I tried to kinda keep it
on the downlow but I'm sorry if it didn't work out. : ) Also I want to say
that BFF is the best band ever, and I wish nothing but the absolute best for
thier future! Uhh-that was kinda sappy, but i so wish that. Oh! One more
thing- When exactly is the Rare and Live ( or whatever it's called) going to
be out in stores?

- -Alanica (Becca)

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 19:18:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: PERCYSTAR@aol.com
Subject: Watership Down- Cover Song Suggestion

Hello Fivers!
         Right on! to the Fiver that remembered that Fiver was in Watership
Down!!!!  When the name was suggested, I immediately thought rabbits, but I
never knew why...  The world of the armchair can now be our Efrafa, anyone
who doesn't like BF5 can be the Elil, and Ben will be our El-ahrairah!!!
         Oh, my cover song suggestion is "Our House" by Crosby Stills and
Nash.  There's lots of good piano and harmony and possibilities for
interesting lyrical and blues interpretation.
         Peace out, Darren rocks my world!!! luv, Heather

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 5 May 97 00:14:40 UT
From: "Sam Selvaggio" <sexysamselvaggio@msn.com>
Subject: Hey Paul, Hook me up with 1/8 of the cripies?

Please, enough with the little extra rules. There are no rules to
postmodernity. If you're that annoyed, unsubscribe. Or just skim the little
list of topics, and if nothing sound interesting, don't waste you're time
reading it. Fivers come in all shapes & sizes, us cool/impatient ones must
still tolerate the new or boring members. Oh, but let's try to keep our
messages brief.

I'm in LA and the boys haven't come this way on this tour yet except with
Counting Crows. But, from reading the list, I'm very disappointed to hear that
they're opening with Missing the War. Not that I don't love the song and all,
but shouldn't they be opening with something a little more rockin'? Like a
cover of We're Gonna Groove?

Sam

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 19:50:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Giles Wilson <seagull@snakebite.com>

Unsubscribe me from the mailing list.  Thank you.
Giles Wilson
mrfish@net1.nw.com.au
seagull@snakebite.com
http://www.nw.com.au/~mrfish

Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 19:50:54 -0400 (EDT)
From: Giles Wilson <seagull@snakebite.com>

unsubscribe me from the mailing list, thank you.