Issue #311 - May 20, 1997

Magical Armchair Digest     Tuesday, May 20 1997     Volume 01 : Number 311

To remove yourself from this mailing list, send an e-mail message to:

       armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl

In the body of the message put the word:

       unsubscribe

Please do not post unsubscribe requests to the list itself!

                NEW DOMAIN NAME FOR THE MAGICAL ARMCHAIR
Just when we are all getting used to the address, the domain name is
changing. From now on, please direct all posts to:

       armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl

Administrative messages (subscribe, unsubscribe, etc.) go to:

       armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl

Please change your address books accordingly!

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    Where are the singles?
    houston
    Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #306
    From my house, I can see your house...
    mr. wrong
    Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #309
    BFF in Florida
    BFF and Toad
    [none]

Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 21:09:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: Alanica@aol.com
Subject: Where are the singles?

Hello to the Armchair,

Ok, the music stores here really suck, so none of them carry BF5 singles.
Where can I order them? I saw earlier that you can order the Sesame St. theme
and others from somewhere, but I never got a reply form the person I asked
about getting it. So, if you could I would completly apprechiate it if some
one could help me out. PLEASE!

Thanks a whole hug-a -bunch!  (anyone remeber those things?)

Becca

" I dress for sucess but sucess is not impressed." Poster Children

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 22:31:30 -0500
From: "Louie Nash" <louie@tamu.edu>
Subject: houston

Josheroonie wrote:

>The city of Houston seems to be sold out of Whatever and Ever.  I never
>get to listen to it anymore because there is a constant line of friends
>lined up to borrow it, seeing as how it can't actually be purchased
>anywhere.   This is good...right?

Praise the Lord! I wish some of that would spread up here to Dallas. The
local Best Buy has more copies of Whatever on their shelves then, well....
whatever. :)

Come on up here. We have plenty of copies that aren't being sold to all of
the annoying, "We're the next Seattle" grungites.

Oh well, I guess that was really pointless.

Bo
louie@tamu.edu

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge."
Benjamin Disraeli:  1804-1881, British politician

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 11:17:30 -0400 (EDT)
From: "D . Hokanson" <hokansod@goldey.gbc.edu>
Subject: Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #306

> Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 22:47:00 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Lunasa1@aol.com
> Subject: Summerstage tix/Central Park
>
> when do they go on sale?  I'm beginning to panic.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Luna

Ben is on what day?  I know Martin Sexton is playing that summerstage
thing.  If they both are I may just venture up to the city.

Donna

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 16:48:21 +0100
From: Mark Piper (PWA) <pipermf@ugs1.ph.bham.ac.uk>
Subject: From my house, I can see your house...

Glenn (hi, welcome, sit down and shut up) wrote:

>Being a fan of BBF for over a year,.....
> Just one of the few signs that BBF' charisma
> (first REM, then DMB, now BBF)....

Sorry Glenn, but this is the BFF mailing list. The BBF list has moved elsewhere....

A clever person observed:
>Hi. I'm sorry if i sound a bit confused or whatnot, but i just signed up to
>this Magical Armchair deal, and i noticed a whole bunch of talking about a
>name or whatever, so i was just wondering what you guys are talking about..
>Isn't Magical Armchair a name? Thanks.

It takes a newbie to point out the obvious. Indeed, why should we eschew the "Magical Armchair" or derivations thereof (Armchairites etc..)? It's a name that all those of us there when it was being discussed voted on, so let's just keep it around that, huh?

Todd of the Beef posted:
>Did you see slander about "Too Shy" by Kajagoogoo.  Some geeza tried to be mr
>commedy by saying what Kates b-sides would be and one of the commedy
>suggestions was "Too Shy" with Ben singing in the shower.  Wonder where got
>they the ideas cheeky eh?  Innit!

???? This does my head in.. no slander, RESPECT. And "Lets Kick Off" was subsequently covered by Betty Swallocks.

And yup, fingers are ready to record BFF on TFI. No doubting they'll play "Kate", but I hope that they do an "It's Your Letters" too. Although nothing could beat that monkey man from Reef. Oh, and BRMB in Brum is playing "Kate" here and there...

Enough...

Mark
Looks, Brains & Everything - www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/5430/bff.html

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 16:22:00 -0500
From: absenter@thenexus.com
Subject: mr. wrong

       i rented this movie and it was all right, except i didn't hear
ben folds five in it, what part of the movie does bff come in?  anyone
know?
       i also rented "the truth about cats and dogs" and that was a
pretty good movie..

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 15:39:14 -0600
From: Mike Houser <mhouser@excel.net>
Subject: Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #309

Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 17:17:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: KNULPREK@aol.com
Subject: BFF in Florida

Yea, Zerocool (and all other Florida BFF fans).. it's pretty definite they're
not playing here. My friend is friends with Mark from Soul Coughing (who also
arn't going to be playing in Florida) and he said they're not going to be
down here.. well, i mean, i havn't seen anything in writing, but that's the
word. Hopefully they're come down here soon!!!

 -jason

------------------------------

Date: 19 May 1997 14:52:08 -0800
From: "Sharon Kern" <skern@mail.daileyads.com>
Subject: BFF and Toad

I was eagerly awaiting a live broadcast of a Toad the Wet Sprocket last
night.  They played several mostly new songs from their new album (coming out
TUESDAY!), and they fielded call-in questions.  One of the questions asked
was about other bands that Toad listens to or would like to meet.  Well, what
do you know...apparently Toad are big BFF fans!  They were really excited to
be on the HORDE tour with them this summer and they even joked that it would
just be their luck that Toad would play at one stage at the exact time that
Ben Folds Five would.
I am just completely excited that one of my favorite bands are fans of one of
my other favorite bands!!!

- -Sharon

Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 17:25:53 -0500 (CDT)
From: sam jacob lewis <sjlewis@students.uiuc.edu>