Issue #317 - May 23, 1997

Magical Armchair Digest      Friday, May 23 1997      Volume 01 : Number 317

To remove yourself from this mailing list, send an e-mail message to:

       armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl

In the body of the message put the word:

       unsubscribe

Please do not post unsubscribe requests to the list itself!

                NEW DOMAIN NAME FOR THE MAGICAL ARMCHAIR
Just when we are all getting used to the address, the domain name is
changing. From now on, please direct all posts to:

       armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl

Administrative messages (subscribe, unsubscribe, etc.) go to:

       armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl

Please change your address books accordingly!

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    Mitchell Lane
    Mr. Rogers
    BFF Records...

Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 17:17:51 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jefree Shalev <shalev@mindspring.com>
Subject: Mitchell Lane

Chiori,

Thanks for the nice long post regarding the last Tokyo show.  I noticed a
song in the set list that I've never heard of before: Mitchell Lane.  I live
in Chapel Hill and some of my best friends live on Mitchell Lane, here.
It's a street with a couple of group houses that are quite famous for their
large parties.  In fact, Summer Burke (Summer B.) used to live in one of
those back in the time when she was dating Darren.  Anyhow, what was the
song like?  Anybody else ever heard them play it?  Thanks y'all from a long
time lurker.

Jefree

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 16:23:19 -0500 (CDT)
From: sam jacob lewis <sjlewis@students.uiuc.edu>
Subject: Mr. Rogers

Someone wrote:
<Ben Folds Five
 doing the opening to Mr. Rogers. It would be awesome. Can't you hear him
 singing it.>

Then someone else wrote:
<<This is the greatest thing i have heard in a loooong time!
It should be done asap!>>

I think that a while back, Ben played the opening part of this tune at
some show that I heard sometime - If I'm not mistaken!  Can anyone help
on this?

As for the opening band vote, good idea since BFF are pretty famous for
playing with lame bands (except for Snuzz) like Komeda, Shark's Quest,
Counting Crows, etc.  However, what's the point?  I mean is Ben Folds Five
gonna take our recommendations seriously and go out and ask the band that
we suggested to play w/them?  If so, COOL!  But it sounds unlikely...
Sorry about the pessimism, I'm in a crappy mood today :(
I better go listen to some BFF and Jellyfish to cheer me up, bye.

Sam with Cinderblocks for Shoes

     From the desk of Samuel Lewis - The know nothing know it all

Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 19:24:55 -0400 (EDT)
From: Antigone19@aol.com
Subject: BFF Records...

Hello Fivers, Beanie Bennies, Folders, Armchairers, etc...

Today I happened to stumble on two free copies of "Battle" on vinyl - they
seem to be UK releases - are they promo items?  Official?  Why would a store
in Boston, MA have these, and why would they be given away for free?

- - Marla
http://members.aol.com/antigone19/home/home.htm
(link to my trading page...)