Issue #321 - May 26, 1997

Magical Armchair Digest      Monday, May 26 1997      Volume 01 : Number 321

To remove yourself from this mailing list, send an e-mail message to:

       armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl

In the body of the message put the word:

       unsubscribe

Please do not post unsubscribe requests to the list itself!

                NEW DOMAIN NAME FOR THE MAGICAL ARMCHAIR
Just when we are all getting used to the address, the domain name is
changing. From now on, please direct all posts to:

       armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl

Administrative messages (subscribe, unsubscribe, etc.) go to:

       armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl

Please change your address books accordingly!

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    Re: BFF LIVE on BIG UK TV Show (TFI Friday)
    TFI kicked ass on TFI Friday - shame about the sound.
    BFF and my term-paper
    Cheeky Corduroy
    Names...

Date: 24 May 1997 20:24:53 GMT
From: parreira@aquawolf.xs4all.nl (Daniel Rodrigues Parreira)
Subject: Re: BFF LIVE on BIG UK TV Show (TFI Friday)

In article <5m3l8o$8g$1@aquawolf.xs4all.nl>,
	"Simon Burrows INF-KB" <sburrows@madge.com> writes:

> I think this will be their first LIVE UK
> televsion apperance.

No, they were on "Later with Jools Holland" about a year ago I think.

Daniel

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 02:13:19 +0000
From: dl <dl@cates.demon.co.uk>
Subject: TFI kicked ass on TFI Friday - shame about the sound.

>Anyway, after seeing Ben Folds Five on TFI Friday, I'm convinced
>even shouted some Japanese and smiled a cheesy smile at the audience
>during the performance...

See, I thought he shouted "muthafucker!!" during it in a wacky way. Then he
plays the "muthafucker!!" from one of those "insult boxes" into the
microphone at the end. It was just the way he says it that makes it not
obvious what he's saying. He says it like...um, well there's a track on
NWA's "Straight outta compton" (I think it's on this album) where someone
shouts "shut the fuck up" in a totally similar way, so he MAY be saying
that. There's definitely a "fuck" in there somewhere.

whatever.
dl

dl@cates.demon.co.uk

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 10:06:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: BNDVDSN@aol.com
Subject: BFF and my term-paper

I dont' know if you will find this interesting, but when I was writting my
termpaper on a Nathaniel Hawthorne short story, "Young Goodman Brown" and i'm
writting on his inability to accept booth good and evil in man, so of course
my opening quote is, "I see that there is evil and I know that there is good
but the in between I've never understood."  My teacher loved the quote he he
he. Who knew that beyond beautiful music, there is educational value.
                 Ben Davidson

"Bitter Sour. Most people agree I don't taste very nice." Nick Hornsby

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 10:48:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: BEEFTODD@aol.com
Subject: Cheeky Corduroy

Taxi People,

Reet er, big cheeky thing happened t'oher day in'it.  Driving taxi down road
in'it an' this toon came on Big Bore FM called "The New You" by a group
called Corduroy.  Nothing rude about that BUT reet it sounded bit like retro
Ben.  How cheeky is that?  Swear a God, roll up spliff in'it, Happy New Year
Mon, got blacked out windows so sorted on that score.  Anyway, you know that
Angry Dwarf geezer, well lyrics bit like that.  Cheeky and rude in one!

AND whats with Sangame dissing da homie?  Look Mr Sangame mon, I write stuff
and nonsense down to Big Up da Armchair and it's definately not cheeky to fry
me in da place.  Big cussing not good enuff, nah wot I mean?

Finally a Massive largin' it shout to all da in'it boys and girls giving hope
to ma cause. Wicked Respect.

Been giving serious vibes to rude boy homie dis week and thinking bout cheeky
Beef Todd merchandise in'it.  Cool and deadly or what?

Outta here,

Beef Todd

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 02:24:37 -0700
From: GoodOmen <melani69@idt.net>
Subject: Names...

Hello,

This is GoodOmen writing to say that I notice a great deal of anger directed toward me in
regard to the whole naming issue.  It seemed like something everyone agreed on- that we
even needed a name, but now everyone wants for there to be no name.  That is fine.
However, I am STILL TAKING VOTES at melani69@mail.idt.net  If your opinion is that we
should have NO NAME then tell me!!  I promise I am counting those as fair votes!!!  But
do mail me with your opinion instead of complaining, because one who has the opportunity
to vote and does not take it is not entitled to complain.  Voice your opinions people (or
don't some of you have them?) At any rate I am not trying to upset you folk, that was
never my intention! Voting is going to end on Wednesday so vote vote vote!

GoodOmen:)(: