Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 02:15:38 +0000
From: tommy@src.gla.ac.uk (Tom Hodgkinson)
Subject: UK date in Glasgow

Just to let everyone know I just found out about one UK tour date at the
end of this year - Glasgow University Queen Margaret Union on December 12th
(I think). Yippee! It'll be the third gig I've seen of theirs in Glasgow.
Just counting the days...

See y'all,

Tommy.

p.s. Looks like I've got a guaranteed interview for the Glasgow University
Guardian as well. Great.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 21:20:31 -0500 (CDT)
From: Tim Martin <Timothy.J.Martin-3@tc.umn.edu>
Subject: Somerset H.O.R.D.E. Pictures

To all who attended the H.O.R.D.E. Fest in Somerset, Wisconsin:

I just got back a roll of pictures from this show; there are at least 8-10
great shots of BFF. I was very close to the stage and used an 80-200 mm
zoom lens, and was able to get some good pix of all three band members.
If anyone who was there is interested in getting copies, email me.  I'd
like to trade for other photos and/or tapes.  If you have nothing to
trade, email anyway, and we can make other arrangements (SASE and
reimbursement for the cost of photo processing.)

				Tim Martin
				Saint Paul, Minnesota

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 23:21:02 -0500
From: Lachesis@webtv.net (unlucky leprechaun)
Subject: our lady peace and michael kelsey

just thought i'd post to ask if anyone out there likes a canadian band
by the name of our lady peace.  they've got two cds out, and they are
FINALLY starting to get some airplay here in indianapolis.  nobody (save
for my friend travis) around here knows who they are.

lastly, if any of you live in indiana, and have a chance to see an
acoustic guitar player by the name of michael kelsey, GO!!!!  he is
incredibly talented.  i saw him yesterday at the state fair, and he put
on a great show.  he usually does shows in the lafayette area, so any
purdue people out there, keep an eye out.  he also does shows here in
indy at the patio and a few other places.

sorry to all of you who read this only to discover it had nothing to do
with you.

oh yeah, one last thing:  PARTICIPATE IN THE LIST POLL!! send your top
five bands (excluding bff) to clotho@webtv.net

thanks.

dave

"mom, romance is dead.  it was acquired in a hostile takeover bid by
hallmark and disney, homogenized, and sold off piece by piece." --lisa
simpson

want to find a place on the internet where we can all be happy and
joyous and have lots of fun?  too bad. there is no such place on this
plane of existence.  but if you like you can visit my site:
http://members.tripod.com/~lastpolka/index.html

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 04:28:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: BEEFTODD@aol.com
Subject: Beef Todd

Reet, cheeky mon in'it, "They thought he was gone but he's come back again"
 Beef back in da house with merchandise for sale.

Beef Todd "Swear a god" T-shirts and Beef Todds Five gear for sale in'it.
Rude boy, bad stylee clothing.  Mosque master sorted.  Wicked mon

E-Mail me mon for images of Beef Todd clothing.

BEEFTODD@AOL.com

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 13:07:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: Super8@aol.com
Subject: Alernative Publications

Since most of you won't see this, here's a transcription of Ben's High Times
interview:

BEN FOLDS
GOT FIVE ON IT
By John Fortunado

On their breakthrough sophomore set, Whatever and Ever Amen (550 Music/Sony).
Ben Folds Five defy alt-indie fetishism with twisted baroque piano tunes. A
self-described dweeb, pianist Folds leaves the majority of the trio's weed
inhalation to his partner, bassist and coarranger Robert Sledge. Among the
highlights of their recent tour of Europe were recording a B-side cover
version of Oasis' "Champagne Supernova" (which includes the swell line,
"Where were you while we were getting high?") in London and visiting several
Amsterdam coffeeshops in search of "killer skunk."
SHOULD MARIJUANA BE LEGALIZED?
Ben Folds: I'm definitely prolegalization. It's just stupid for the
government to fight something they obviously cannot control. Besides,
spiritually, I like being around my band members and friends when they're
stoned. They're more fun. Last summer, I decided to stay stoned for
Lollapalooza. But these days, the closest I get to doing drugs is through
sleep deprivation. You get to a point where you can practically read people's
minds.
SO THEN YOU DON'T SMOKE?
When I was in college, there were lots of students who were into weed because
they had their first taste of freedom away from their parents. Kids would
brag about smoking and I'd be like, "So what?" My parents used to get stoned,
so that was one less thing for me to rebel against. Usually, I don't smoke
because it doesn't agree with me. I'm not always the best candidate to inhale
with.

Ben Fold Five wer last seen performing on this summer's HORDE tour.
=========

There was also an article in Performing Songwriter that was pretty good, but
I didn't buy it (read it at Tower).

OK, discuss.