Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 23:00:52 -0400
From: Vito Biliti <goatman1@geocities.com>
Subject: Bens bro wants a video

Hey BF5 fans,
	Bens brother, Chuck is looking for some BF5 bootlegged concert video.  It
can be from any concert, he doesn't care, just as long as it's video.  I'm
sure he'll cover shipping and all that stuff.  E-mail me at
goatman1@geocities.com and i'll hook you up with Chuck.
	Also, if anyone got a chance to tape the HORDE tour in Michigan at Pine
Knob, I would really love a copy of that.  I dont care if it's audio or
video.  Please tell me!

Vito Biliti
Goatman1@geocities.com
http://www.Geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/7544/bf5.html

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 00:41:30 -0400 (EDT)
From: MangoGal@aol.com
Subject: Re: Darren Is Too Kewl!

<<<When the Horde Fest was here in Columbus, OH and BFF was signing
autographs Darren happened to mention that he thought my t-shirt was really
cool.  I was totally taken a back because that was like such a big deal to
me.  (after all, he is pretty hot!--especially last year at Lollapalooza)
The shirt has since then become a favorite after making its debut at the
Horde Fest.
	Anywho, I just thought I'd add to the armchair!  Thanx
Erika>>>

 What kind of tee-shirt were you wearing, Erika???  just wondering...

amy

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 05:26:17 -0400
From: sandishortcake@juno.com (Sandi Shorter)
Subject: High Times

First let me just say thanks to Super8 for transcribing the High Times
interview...I haven't been able to locate a copy myself YET.
Now...discussion:  all I have to say is that I am thrilled to see Ben
Folds included in an issue of such a great magazine...secondly, I find it
hard to believe that Ben would not be a great candidate to inhale
with...I would assume it's quite the contrary.

Sandi "I didn't inhale either Bill" Shorter

"Yes I wish that for just one time you could stand inside my shoes, you'd
know what a drag it is to see you..."  -Dylan once again sums up my
thoughts and feelings on the many idiots I encounter throughout my
everyday life.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 09:21:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: Shu2Stef@aol.com
Subject: Re: WB BEEF!!

Hi all.  Haven't posted in quite a while, but I've been keeping up.  Though
I've e-mailed him personally, let me be one of the first to publically
welcome back BEEFTODD.  Man, you are a breath of fresh air on a slightly
stale Armchair.

Oh yeah, guess I better put some BFF content............I still like 'em.

Stef

P.S.  Despite the "High Times" interview, anyone else still think Ben gets
high?

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 11:27:11 -0400
From: Mandel Ilagan <ilagan@husc.harvard.edu>
Subject: Sessions @ W. 54th - Now I'm Confused...

All right...I'm getting a bit confused with what's happening with the
"Sessions at West 54th St." episode with Ben Folds Five.  According to the
summer '97 KCRW show that's available on the Web and Frank's BF5 site, the
show is supposed air on September 13th.

However, I just checked out the "Sessions at West 54th" site and it turns
out that Me'shell Ndegeocello and Cafe Tacuba are appearing on the Sept.
13th episode.  Upon scrolling down further on the "Sessions" Web site, I
saw that Ben Folds Five aren't scheduled for any upcoming shows up to
September 27th.  What gives?!?  Have they been bumped yet again?

Mandel Ilagan
ilagan@fas.harvard.edu
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~ilagan

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 11:56:21 -0400
From: debaser@gr.cns.net
Subject: Re: our lady peace and michael kelsey

>Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 23:21:02 -0500
>From: Lachesis@webtv.net (unlucky leprechaun)
>Subject: our lady peace and michael kelsey
>
>just thought i'd post to ask if anyone out there likes a canadian band
>by the name of our lady peace.  they've got two cds out, and they are
>FINALLY starting to get some airplay here in indianapolis.  nobody (save
>for my friend travis) around here knows who they are.

"starseed" & "navid" are two of their singles, no? it sounds to me as
though there is a dearth of alterna-pop stations in the particular region
of indiana you're in. i seem to recall a great deal of attention being paid
our lady peace upon release of their first album, including a couple
appearances on modern rock live - that syndicated interview/performance
show. pretty good stuff, as i recall, but they seemed to drop off the map
when their second album was released; i heard the first single a couple
time, stuff off the first album was brought back into rotation briefly, and
then nothing.

of course, it could have been that the station i listened to at the time in
sacramento, ca,  was actually pretty good (i always thought it was crap,
but then i don't really like commercial radio anyway); they did have a
tendancy to play a lot of the more marginal mainstream "alternative rock"
bands, and 7 Seconds did get a lot of airplay for their last release
(mostly 'cause they'd relocated to sacramento from reno, nv, so they were
considered local; cake got the same treatment unfortunately...) enough
rambling for now. bottom line is you're right our lady peace are pretty
good, very definitely got the pixies influence going on to mitigate some of
that grunge feel they go for... are they from vancouver or somewhere like
that (i always thought they were a seattle band, but i might be confusing
them with seven mary three, who are not nearly as talented, but got noticed
about the same time)?

cheers,
jer

"I miss your soup, and I miss your bread, but a letter in your writing
doesn't mean you're not dead."
							- Cactus. The Pixies