Issue #447 - August 24, 1997

Magical Armchair Digest    Sunday, August 24 1997    Volume 01 : Number 447

   Send an e-mail message to armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl with
the word 'unsubscribe' (without the quotes) in the message body. Please
do not post unsubscribe requests to the list itself! If you are having
trouble, send mail to armchair-owner@maillist.il.fontys.nl and I will try
to help you.

WHY NO ARMCHAIRS?
   The Magical Armchair was interrupted because of a server problem at
maillist.il.fontys.nl.  This has now been corrected and everything should
be back to normal.  If you tried to unsubscribe in the last few days and
did not get a confirmation message, try again.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    BFF live tapes wanted!
    Looking for a guy at the Zephyer....
    HELP

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 09:03:46 -0400
From: Steffen Donath <SDonath@compuserve.com>
Subject: BFF live tapes wanted!

Hi everybody!

What has happened to our Armchair lately? I keep getting my messages back
with "fatal error" comments. Well, anyway. Hope this one gets through to
you.

I am desperately looking for copies of the following BFF concerts:

04/30/97 Theatre of Living Arts, Philadelphia, PA
03/21/96 Theatre of Living Arts, Philadelphia, PA
03/09/96 Moe's Mo Roc'n Cafe, Seattle, WA
04/26/97 Odeon, Cleveland, OH

Is there any kind soul out there that has one or several of these shows and
would be willing to trade with me? I have an enormous amount of BFF tapes
to swap on my BFF homepage (just updated)

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/SDonath

And if you have any other shows that are not listed on my webpage or that
are marked WANTED? Even better.

Keep those e-mails flying in!

Steffen

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 12:49:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: Bnanakingg@aol.com
Subject: Looking for a guy at the Zephyer....

Hi,

I've been posting this for a while in the hopes of finding this guy...  Well,
I was at the Zephyer in salt lake on 4.8.97 when BFF played here, but I  was
too young to get in.  I was hanging outside, we talked to Kate for a bit, and
she sent Ben out to talk to us.  This guy came over with his girlfriend, they
were talking to Ben for a bit, we took their pictures with their camera, and
then they took ours.  I gave him my address, but never recieved his, and I
think I remember him saying something about moving to North Carolina, so you
know....  If you're on here, I would REALLY like to get a copy of that
picture.  I'll pay you anything for it.  I'm just hoping that I can find you.
 (As I break into song and look at the moon.... "Sooommeewheere out
thhheeere.") anyway, just let me know if you read this.

Thanks for listening all.

Over,
Bryce

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 12:15:00 PDT
From: "One Angry.Dwarf" <one_angry_dwarf@hotmail.com>
Subject: HELP

Hello, Collective!

Help!!  My mail box has been empty for the last three days!  If I am the
only one with this problem, someone please let me know!  I can't stand
to be not on the armchair!!!

Thanks,

Russell

"You must be careful what you pretend to be, because in the end, you are
what you pretend to be." --Kurt Vonnegut, "Mother Night"