Issue #457 - September 2, 1997

Magical Armchair Digest   Tuesday, September 2 1997   Volume 01 : Number 457

   Send an e-mail message to armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl with
the word 'unsubscribe' (without the quotes) in the message body. Please
do not post unsubscribe requests to the list itself! If you are having
trouble, send mail to armchair-owner@maillist.il.fontys.nl and I will try
to help you.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    you guys at it agian
    non-bf5(hopefully for the last time)
    I've got an idea!
    End of summer blues...
    bff on week in rock
    Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #456
    BFF on TV this week
    Ben Folds IRC

Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 21:19:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: Hacky33@aol.com
Subject: you guys at it agian

who cares about pot.

"everybody does it, i wonder why don't you, everybody does it maybe you
should to" RBF

all rock stars do drugs, they can afford it.

what, do they have to have you hold thier dick when they pee too.

good grief

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 00:11:08 -0400
From: schander@juno.com (joe s schanderson)
Subject: non-bf5(hopefully for the last time)

Just a note to make sure people aren't using this digest as any kind of
factual digest. Matt wrote that since pot is supposed be not as bad for
you as nicotine and alcohol it can't be too bad.  Nicotine and alcohol,
what fine company to be in. They've certainly proven to be the human's
friend. Matt then wrote that as long as what we're doing is right in our
own minds that that is all that should count. What charming logic.
Next time I swear my post will be all about the folded five.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 21:23:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: Adam <bnlguy@geocities.com>
Subject: I've got an idea!

Hi everyone! I've been reading the Armchair for a couple months now, but
this is my first post. What can I say, I'm a lurker! Anyways, I was chatting
with a couple BF5 fans on Undernet tonight (it was sooooo much fun!!!) and I
came up with the idea of Ben Folds Five doing a Christmas album!! I thought
it would be sooo great to hear their renditions of "Sleigh Bells" and
"Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer", and they would probably rock "Silent
Night" very well....don't ya think?? So everyone, gimme your opinions on
this! :) No more pot thread please!! hehehehe

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 07:19:16 +0100
From: paulmay@bigfoot.com (Paul May)
Subject: End of summer blues...

Hey Everyone,

Well, it's that time of the year again, school-time YIKES!!! Luckily, I've
got the Ben folds Five gig in Dublin this December to look forward to.

Anyway, to those of you who want to be on the People on the Armchair page,
get your details and photos to me soon while I'm not knee deep in books.
Basically what I'm looking for is the answers to these questions, a photo,
and anything else you want to say about BFF. Here are the questions :

Name:
Age:
Occupation:
On the Armchair since:
Favorite BFF Self Titled Song:
     "            "       "        "      Line:
Favorite WaEA Song:
         "           "     Line:

If you haven't got a scanned photo of yourself to send me then I'll give you
my address to snail-mail me a photo, just drop me a line.

Well, thanks people

Paul

__________________________________
Visit the People on the Armchair page:
http://www.iol.ie/~may
__________________________________

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 13:02:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: Curt587621@aol.com
Subject: bff on week in rock

well, this is my first post even though i have been on the list for about 3
months. even though this is too late, bff was on mtv's the week in rock for
about 45 seconds this week...les claypool of primus was documenting the horde
tour with a video camera. there was about a 5 sec snippet of the band playing
"song for the dumped" and then about 30-35 sec of ben talking to les about it
being the band's last tour date with horde and then ben hugging les...it was
pretty cool...i guess...no, i didn't tape it....sorry.......question:are the
bff singles even available in the us? if there are any uk members on the list
i would be willing to pay for any singles they could pick up for me.....thanx
                                              curt
gonna play the cd player game because no one on the list seems to play it:
in the playa:
1)whatever...
2)radiohead- ok computer
3)bff
4)bosstones-let's face it
5)counting crows- recovering the satellites

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 23:55:26 -0700
From: "Julie Hurst" <sledgie@mailexcite.com>
Subject: Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #456

So i just found out I might be able to get to see Ben Folds Five live even though
I will get to meet them TWICE!!! Whoo They might be doing more gigs in oz where I
am that could be all age Hoping Praying.
Does anyone know their birthdays i really gotta know!!!

Free web-based e-mail, Forever, From anywhere!
http://www.mailexcite.com

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 13:47:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: Frank Maynard <maynard@mail.oeonline.com>
Subject: BFF on TV this week

Apologies to all that I didn't get word out on the rerun of the Reverb
session with BFF, which ran last night at 11 PM Eastern on HBO2.

This week, though, holds two more opportunities for encore performances.
The Conan O'Brien show from June 10, 1997 which featured BFF will be
rerun this Tuesday night (early Wednesday morning) at 12:35 am Eastern
(check your local listings as times vary in different markets). And for
those with DSS or the lucky few cable systems that get MuchUSA, the
episode of "Break This" which featured That Dog and Ben Folds Five will
be rerun at 8:00 PM Eastern time Thursday.

 -fjm
    When he lunged onto the hood she stopped to tell his she'd been wrong

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 1 Sep 1997 11:52:46 -0600
From: "Jon Tycksen" <jon@ns.cyber-west.com>
Subject: Ben Folds IRC

Thanks to all those who showed up at IRC. There were only a few, but who
knows, soon everybody will be there and it'll be a big ragin' party and
we'll all talk about our boys and trade bootlegs without all the e-mail
hassle.

again, if you missed it:

- -undernet server
- -#benfolds
- -around 10:00 P.M. central time

hopefully I'll see you there, my nick is either Mac, or BFF

happy surfin!

- -jon