Issue #484 - September 17, 1997

Magical Armchair Digest Wednesday, September 17 1997 Volume 01 : Number 484

   Send an e-mail message to armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl with
the word 'unsubscribe' (without the quotes) in the message body. Please DO
NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST ITSELF! If you are having
trouble, send mail to armchair-owner@maillist.il.fontys.nl and I will try
to help you.

WHEN REPLYING: Please change the subject of your reply to something
pertinent to the message. Don't leave it as "Magical Armchair Digest,
V1 #xxx" unless your mail client won't allow you to change it.

ANNOYING POSTS:
   Yes, unfortunately, once in a while someone will get subscribed to
the list and post something intended to annoy all of us.  When that
happens, please just ignore it and let the moderator handle it behind the
scenes. Usually the instigator is lonely and looking for a little
attention. You can write to the person directly, but please keep it off
the list.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    Curiousity killed the cat...
    sessions, tour dates, & bootlegs..............

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 15:32:40 -0600
From: Jennifer Lupton Delamar <47km67nb@coastalnet.com>
Subject: Curiousity killed the cat...

Hi!  I just wanted to say, I have been on this digest for like a year =
now (before it became automatic), and I miss all the old folks.  Jay, =
Bryan, where are you?  Anyways, I wanted to know if anyone knew if Ben =
ever plans on playing the Cats Cradle sometime soon.  Just curious!

Jenni D. in Oriental

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 16:12:11 -0700
From: aplauri@juno.com (Philip J. L.)
Subject: sessions, tour dates, & bootlegs..............

hello my fello armchairians, i dunno if you all got this as a part of the
armchair, but i did and i thought i would sharre it w/ you all.  sorry if
you guys have all gotten this.....

another thing, i at the current time have 7 bootlegs of bff and would
really really like to tade some more to get some more bootlegs.  i am
always open to blank trades as i always need the tapes, so just e mail if
you would like setlists or if you want to strike up a blank
trade......... thanks a bunch.

philip

NEW U.S. TOUR
BFF will be hitting the road in the U.S. when they get back
from Australia. Here's some advance notice on dates (which
are still subject to some change at this point.) More to
come soon.

10/16	Atlanta, GA		The Roxy
10/17	Charlotte, NC		Tremont Music Hall
10/18	Raleigh, NC		Ritz
10/19	Charleston, SC		Wavefest (WAVF)/Romney St.
Landfill
10/21	Jacksonville, FL	Club 5
10/22	West Palm Bch, FL	Carefree
10/23	St. Petersburg, FL	StateTheatre
10/25	Birmingham, AL		Oak Mountain Amph. (WRAX)
10/26	Knoxville, TN		Bijou Theatre
10/27	Nashville, TN		328 Performance Hall
10/28	Bloomington, IN		TBA
10/30	Chicago, IL		Vic Theatre
10/31	Cleveland, OH		Lakewood Civic Auditorium
11/1	Ypsilanti, MI		Eastern MI Cornell
11/2	Ithaca, NY		Cornell Univ.
11/8	Pittsburgh, PA		Westminster College
11/9	Philadelphia, PA	Electric Factory

TELEVISON
The air date for Sessions at West 54th with Ben Folds Five
and Beck is now November 8th on PBS. For sure!