Issue #495 - September 25, 1997

Magical Armchair Digest  Thursday, September 25 1997  Volume 01 : Number 495

   Send an e-mail message to armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl with
the word 'unsubscribe' (without the quotes) in the message body. Please DO
NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST ITSELF! If you are having
trouble, send mail to armchair-owner@maillist.il.fontys.nl and I will try
to help you.

WHEN REPLYING: Please change the subject of your reply to something
pertinent to the message. Don't leave it as "Magical Armchair Digest,
V1 #xxx" unless your mail client won't allow you to change it.

ANNOYING POSTS:
   Yes, unfortunately, once in a while someone will get subscribed to
the list and post something intended to annoy all of us.  When that
happens, please just ignore it and let the moderator handle it behind the
scenes. Usually the instigator is lonely and looking for a little
attention. You can write to the person directly, but please keep it off
the list.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    I'm a newbie
    BFF on Recovery in Oz
    [none]
    pittsburgh concerts???
    OHIO Fivers...HELP ME!!!

Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 17:26:53 -0400 (EDT)
From: BlueJellow@aol.com
Subject: I'm a newbie

Hey everyone!!  I was listening to my friend's stereo on the way to softball
practice, and I heard One Angry Dwarf and Smoke, and I was like, Who the hell
is this?? I want it!!!  She said Ben Fold's Five and I was like "cool."  So I
went to the record store to get some, and (I make a law to buy the bands
first album first, it's just my personal rule) I got Ben Fold's Five.  I've
listened to it for like 4 weeks, and I still can't get enough of Jackson
Cannery, Philosophy, Underground and Uncle Walter. This stuff kicks!!  I love
this band!!!  Anyway, I live in Jackson Mississippi.  Until I'm 16 I can't
drive myself to New Orleans or Tennessee or whatever.  Anyone want to
carpool? Just kidding...well, not really.  LMK.
Lucy Robinson
*************
Ride to live, relax, and um....biggie fry!!!!- Ben Folds
*************

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 08:46:36 +1000 (EST)
From: lotto@netspace.net.au (Rebecca Gorrell)
Subject: BFF on Recovery in Oz

To all BFF fans in Australia,
They will be on Recovery on the ABC this Saturday morning (27/9/97) so
everyone tune in from 9am-12noon.  I don't know if they will be performing
but they will be interviewed and I'm sure it will be a hoot knowing what
Dylan is like.

Hanging out for Friday night (in Melbourne) and for next Friday (4/10/97) as
well.  Got my tickets for both and can hardly wait.  We're so lucky to be
having two concerts.

Check in later for a review,

Rebecca

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 16:06:11 PDT
From: "onion sprout" <onionsprout@hotmail.com>
Subject: [none]

Hello to all you armchair-ers.  I'm here in Pittsburgh, and I missed the
listings of BF5 concerts.  Are there any coming relatively close to me?
Aren't the boys going to Westminster??--if anyone could let me know, I'd
appreciate it.  Thanks.

kim

Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 19:51:03 -0400
From: dAVE BECK <drbeck@ibm.net>
Subject: OHIO Fivers...HELP ME!!!

hey all ya fivers of ahia...i was wondering if anyone knows how much
tickets are, and when theyll go on sale, and if there are different
prices on tickets(seats..etc..) i know its at the lakewood civic
aud...but thats about it...how far away is it from cleveland?
thanks all ya fivers of ahia....
with God's love
officer friendly