Issue #498 - September 27, 1997

Magical Armchair Digest  Saturday, September 27 1997  Volume 01 : Number 498

   Send an e-mail message to armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl with
the word 'unsubscribe' (without the quotes) in the message body. Please DO
NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST ITSELF! If you are having
trouble, send mail to armchair-owner@maillist.il.fontys.nl and I will try
to help you.

WHEN REPLYING: Please change the subject of your reply to something
pertinent to the message. Don't leave it as "Magical Armchair Digest,
V1 #xxx" unless your mail client won't allow you to change it.

ANNOYING POSTS:
   Yes, unfortunately, once in a while someone will get subscribed to
the list and post something intended to annoy all of us.  When that
happens, please just ignore it and let the moderator handle it behind the
scenes. Usually the instigator is lonely and looking for a little
attention. You can write to the person directly, but please keep it off
the list.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    a concert
    BF5 in Austin
    DREW CAREY LOVES BFF!!
    Drew Carey connection?
    Hey There

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 12:00:38 -0700 (MST)
From: Stacy L Flatt <stacyf@U.Arizona.EDU>
Subject: a concert

Hello!
Last night I went to a Refreshments concert.. do you know them?  Anyway,
the whole time I was there, I thought about our BFF.  See, it was a club,
and there were maybe 300 of us there, and I just kept thinking "Geez... if
I was this close to BFF!"  And a pictured where Ben would be with his
piano (right in front of where I was!  I was inthe very front!!) and where
the drums would be and of course Robert...  Anyway, thats what I thought
about at the concert!  I was close enough to talk to the members and see
what they said to each other... I would love it if BFF could play there!
Also, while we were waiting for the show to start, they were playing music
from CDs or whatever (good music too!  Not all that dance hip-hop rap
crap), and I kept saying to my friends "This seems a cool
place, so why aren't they playing BFF?"  And then, BOWCCL came on!  I was
so thrilled.

Anyway, thats my little story.  also, I was on yahoo chat the other day,
and I was talking to someone who said he was on the mailing list.  I
forget his name, and I forget the nick I was using, although it was
probably AliceChildress, but he was from England and besides BFF, we also
talked about the Foo fighters.  Please write me if you are reading this!
Thanks!

Stacy

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 14:45:21 -0500 (CDT)
From: lendakike@mail.utexas.edu (Lenny Barszap)
Subject: BF5 in Austin

Ben Folds Five will play La Zona Rosa on November 22 in Austin, TX.  See ya
there!

Lenny

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 17:08:22 -0500
From: punkerboy@webtv.net (JOHN SCHOLTES, Jr.)
Subject: DREW CAREY LOVES BFF!!

Hello!!

          I was flipping through the channels this afternoon, when
around 4:55 PM (Central Time), I stopped on MTV because there was a live
interview with Drew Carey going on. Anyways, they wanted him to request
a video, and he requested "One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces"!! He
said he saw the video on M2 and immediately stopped what he was doing
and ran out to buy the CD! He said "it's really great". Anyways, they
showed the video, and then everybody said what a great choice it was,
and how great the CD is, and stuff. Did anyone else see this??

                                        Later,
                                             Johnny

PS: Please check out my homepage!

"Sometimes I punch myself as hard as I can yelling 'nobody cares' hoping
somone will tell me how wrong I am" -Ben Folds

http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Alley/1867/ High Velocity Online

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 17:23:21 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Adam 'DeLicious' DeLisse" <adeliss@comp.uark.edu>
Subject: Drew Carey connection?

Hey all,
	I was just watching MTV Live with Drew Carey and some other
people.  If you don't know, MTV Live is where a bunch of celebrities get
together and make jokes and tell MTV to play the videos they want to see.
Well, I had just changed to MTV and Drew Carey was saying "...and it's
called One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces."  Luckily I had my special
videotape dedicated to Ben in the VCR and immediately pushed record and
got the whole video on tape.  Now, let's figure out if Drew is really a
fan of the boys or if he was just told to request it.  What is the
connection?

Adam DeLisse
					.
				       / \
				      / V \
				     /     \
				    / V V V \
				   /   V V   \
				  / V   V   V \
				 /             \
				/ V V V V V V V \
			       /   V V V V V V   \
			      / V   V V V V V   V \
			     /       V V V V       \
			    / V V V   V V V   V V V \
			   /   V V     V V     V V   \
			  / V   V   V   V   V   V   V \
			 /____________________________ \

   ...............and people say there is no beauty in math..............

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 18:09:23 -0500
From: Pluvius Dope <Policy@Mobsters.com>
Subject: Hey There

	I haven't "contributed" in so long, mainly because I was reliant on
HotMail for so long,and I refuse to use it, but now that I got a regular
account, I feel I should say something. I was just listening to where's
summer B, and I thought I would just say "Dammit, that's a fine song" also
I would like to know if the boys are scheduled to come to Minneapolis
anytime soon, I go to SCSU and am DYING to see em.

Pluvius Dope