Issue #502 - September 30, 1997

Magical Armchair Digest  Tuesday, September 30 1997  Volume 01 : Number 502

   Send an e-mail message to armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl with
the word 'unsubscribe' (without the quotes) in the message body. Please DO
NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST ITSELF! If you are having
trouble, send mail to armchair-owner@maillist.il.fontys.nl and I will try
to help you.

WHEN REPLYING: Please change the subject of your reply to something
pertinent to the message. Don't leave it as "Magical Armchair Digest,
V1 #xxx" unless your mail client won't allow you to change it.

ANNOYING POSTS:
   Yes, unfortunately, once in a while someone will get subscribed to
the list and post something intended to annoy all of us.  When that
happens, please just ignore it and let the moderator handle it behind the
scenes. Usually the instigator is lonely and looking for a little
attention. You can write to the person directly, but please keep it off
the list.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    5 Ben Folds
    moshing?

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 18:20:22 -0400
From: Heather Hurwitz <hhurwitz@gwis2.circ.gwu.edu>
Subject: 5 Ben Folds

Hi Fivers,

Just a little funny moment from the Halls of Thurston (its where I live).
My RA (resident assistant), Wally, was trying to be all cool the other day
and start talking to me about BF5 before I talked his ear off about them.
Instead of Ben Folds Five he asked me about Five Ben Folds and how they
were doing.  I replied that it sure would be awesome if there were 5 Ben
Folds, but alas there is only one.  Which is good enough, but picture 5 Ben
Folds playing 5 pianos simultaneously.  The thought is just brain boggling.
 So, I corrected Wally, and I don't think he will soon forget his
sacrelgious blunder.

Peace and smiles,
Heather

"I feel like a quote out of context" -Ben Folds Five

get your fill of peanutts on the www:  http://www.cyberdrive.net/~percystar

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 15:38:27 PDT
From: "Jerry Maloney" <jerrymaloney@hotmail.com>
Subject: moshing?

A little off the topic, but nevertheless:

I just read (at least) two posts about people moshing at BFF shows, and
I hope fervently that no one will mosh at any BFF show that I ever go
to.

As one who was moshing before moshing was cool, I must say that it's now
gone completely out of control.  There is a time and place for
everything, including moshing, and it seems ludicrous to me that anybody
would mosh at a BFF concert.

But if you do mosh, for everyone's benefit, please follow one rule:
don't get drunk or high before you do, especially if you're going to
crowd-surf.  It really pisses me off when some wacked-out asshole is
riding a crowd, arms and legs flailing, and kicking me right in my head.
Thank you.

Jerry

Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 19:35:33 -0400
From: Carrie Shanafelt <cds9@po.cwru.edu>
Subject: Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #487

At 02:07 AM 9/19/97 +0200, you wrote:
>                           Cool Whip
>                           Eddie Walker, This Is Your Life
>                           Guilty
>                           Kalamazoo
>                           Protection
>                           Rocky
>                           Satan Is My Master
>
>Thanks a million
>
>- -jon
>jon@ns.cyber-west
You can get Eddie Walker, Rocky, and Satan from the MP3 site
"php.indiana.edu/~wsarles/bffmp3.html" although Eddie and Rocky aren't
great sound quality.
- --Carrie