Issue #514 - October 6, 1997

Magical Armchair Digest    Monday, October 6 1997    Volume 01 : Number 514

   Send an e-mail message to armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl with
the word 'unsubscribe' (without the quotes) in the message body. Please DO
NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST ITSELF! If you are having
trouble, send mail to owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl and I
will try to help you.

WHEN REPLYING: Please change the subject of your reply to something
pertinent to the message. Don't leave it as "Magical Armchair Digest,
V1 #xxx" unless your mail client won't allow you to change it.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    Raleigh show!
    chapel hill map
    Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #506
    Who is Dr. Peyser?

Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 18:07:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: commander space dog <rvw@email.unc.edu>
Subject: Raleigh show!

are on sale now!

They're $10 in advance, $13 day of show.  Schoolkids/Monster Records in
Raleigh, Cary, Chapel Hill are selling them with a meager $.50 surcharge,
and I think you can probably go the Ticketmonger route but I really don't
know.  Doors open at 8:00, and the special guest is my favorite band--TBA!
Those guys rock out!

Maybe we'll get lucky--Ben & Co. will pull a Squirrel Nuts and have Bio
Ritmo open.  Salsa and punk rock for wussies--two great tastes that taste
great together.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 18:33:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: JCannery@aol.com
Subject: chapel hill map

Yesterday, I was in my basement and I found an old directory for Chapel Hill
from 88-89 (we moved to Albany later).  I wondered if I could find Rosemary
and Cameron, and sure enough, I did.  Also right off West Rosemary is
Mitchell Lane!  (and off that is Lindsay St., my name).  I also found the
Hardback Cafe (did you know the Hardrock Cafe sued it because it thought
Hardback sounded too much like Hardrock and they thought people might get
confused?)  And I found Joe Caparo in the phone book.  (perhaps I should call
him up and tell him it's wrong to steal girlfriends...just kidding)   I got a
big kick out of seeing all these things in my old phone book...anyways...just
thought I'd share.
Also, anyone who goes to Westminster College is really lucky...your own
'exclusive' BFF show...
- --lindsay

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 18:52:24 -0400 (EDT)
From: MjHudacs@aol.com
Subject: Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #506

Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 16:04:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: bwjones <bwjones@scf-fs.usc.edu>
Subject: Who is Dr. Peyser?

Hey everybody, I'm rather new to the magical armchair, but I've been a
big fan of BF5 for a while now... Anyway, I've got this question, and I
hope somebody out there can answer it for me.  Who is Dr. Peyser?
"Theme from Dr. Peyser" is one of the best parts about seeing BF5 live,
but where did they get the idea to cover this song?  Is Dr. P the
protagonist from some old movie or TV show?  If so, what was the show
like?  Maybe it's something the guys made up themselves and they just gave
it a funky name...?  At any rate, I'd greatly appreciate any help, it'd
sure let me rest easier at night...
Thanks!
Brant Jones
Los Angeles