Issue #524 - October 10, 1997

Magical Armchair Digest    Friday, October 10 1997    Volume 01 : Number 524

   Send an e-mail message to armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl with
the word 'unsubscribe' (without the quotes) in the message body. Please DO
NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST ITSELF! If you are having
trouble, send mail to owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl and I
will try to help you.

WHEN REPLYING: Please change the subject of your reply to something
pertinent to the message. Don't leave it as "Magical Armchair Digest,
V1 #xxx" unless your mail client won't allow you to change it.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    Mpls BFF Tix
    Boeing's Server + Brad
    No moshing to BF5

Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 08:21:45 -0500
From: Mike Zipko <mzipper@bitstream.net>
Subject: Mpls BFF Tix

Tickets for the Minneapolis BFF show go on sale October 10th at the
regular First Ave ticket outlets. For more info on the show check out
the First Ave page at www.bitstream.net/firstave.

The only possible radio station promoting the show would be Radio K, if
you can get the weak AM signal.

MZipper
mzipper@bitstream.net

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 08:05:35 -0700
From: "Kamp, Marcus S" <Marcus.Kamp@PSS.Boeing.com>
Subject: Boeing's Server + Brad

(Sorry about the multiple posts yesterday.  Our server here @ work sucks
+ apparently horded all of my external emails from earlier in the week,
then vomited them out all @ once.  Oh well, it's still free access.)  I
checked out Erik Lyon's website for the criticism of BFF from another
musician.  Let's just put it this way, SHAWN, Brad is only on Sony
because of Stone's ties to the fame of PJ, just like Foo Fighters only
exist because of Dave's Nirvana fame.  Labels like EvilSony sign these
extracurricular bands purely out of the desire to make money off of
another band's success, not due to ANY musical value whatsoever.  It's
not like Brad is doing anything revolutionary.  (Nor is PJ.)  To
criticize BFF because "piano has always been there" is akin to
criticizing Brad because guitars/basses/drums have always been there.
Don't overlook musical talent simply because BFF sells more records than
Brad.  Shawn's whiny little comments smack of schoolgirl jealousy (not
to offend any schoolgirls out there:-)).

"See, in the chorus, what we do is, we go from the hi-hat to the ride
cymbal.  It's a trick.  Y'oughtta' try it."-Our beloved Darren:-)

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 12:33:56 EDT
From: F2G 2 <F2G2@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #521

pluvius---------

the lounge cd is OUT.  as of this last tuesday......i know, because that's
when i purchased it.
bf5's bit and pizzacato 5 are probably my favorites.............
although poe's got a cool # on there.....
and esquival!!!!!!!

mak

pick it up.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 16:00:52 EDT
From: Qualitease <Qualitease@aol.com>

<< Do you prounounce it like "pie-ser" or "pay-ser"?  Hmmmm... >>

Actually, it is pronounced "pee-ser".

   ~Alan

visit the BF5 Trading Station: http://members.aol.com/Qualitease/

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 09 Oct 1997 21:33:22 GMT
From: Shara_Hoffman@hths.mcvsd.k12.nj.us (Shara Hoffman)
Subject: No moshing to BF5

I just wanted to say that on the suject of moshing, most people that will go to
BF5 concerts & mosh probably would not be subcribing to this mailing list.  I
would think people on the armchair would be fans who want to enjoy the music.
I am going to my first BF5 concert at the Supper Club on Nov. 6 and I certainly
hope that people are not moshing and crazily bumping into others.
Also, I recently joined the armchair & I have been hearing about tracks I have
never heard.  I only have the first self-titled album & whatever and ever amen.
 Is there something I am missing?

- -shara
Monmouth County Vocational School District
High Technology High School
P.O. Box 119
Lincroft, New Jersey 07738
www.hths.mcvsd.k12.nj.us