Issue #684 - December 7, 1997

Magical Armchair Digest    Sunday, December 7 1997    Volume 01 : Number 684

   Send an e-mail message to armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl with
the word 'unsubscribe' (without the quotes) in the message body. Please DO
NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST ITSELF! If you are having
trouble, send mail to owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl and I
will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

SCHOOL VACATIONS
   If you will be away from your e-mail account during school break, you
might wish to unsubscribe until you return to prevent your inbox from
filling up.
   If you use a vacation responder, please make sure it is set
to use the "From:" address in the message header rather than the
"Reply-to:" address. This will keep your vacation messages from appearing
in the Armchair.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    miss Paraguay, WEAEA last call
    Pulp fiction & fanny packs
    Bootlegs for BFF stuff
    Yet another bootleg looker.
    Ben in Playboy!
    BFF songs and my life
    ?????
    unsuscribe

Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 14:14:39
From: "Hannah Kuhlmann" <kuhl0025@tc.umn.edu>
Subject: miss Paraguay, WEAEA last call

geez, am I a dope.  I need your address too, Miss Paraguay!  (same reason as
Ed.)  This is getting to be more trouble than it's worth!  BUt don't worry,
I'm still doing it.  I will sent out the instructions for the WEAEA
interactive feature tomorrow, so anybody else who wants 'em had better
e-mail me (with your address in the letter to prevent further screw-ups on
my part) as soon as they read this.  Thanks, guys.
- ---------------------------------------
hannah kuhlmann - kuhl0025@tc.umn.edu
check out the reflections in my eyes
- -BEN FOLDS
- ---------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 15:11:11 -0500 (EST)
From: mayns@netcom.ca
Subject: Pulp fiction & fanny packs

I just watch pulp fiction again last night, and I picked up on something that I hadn't heard before.  When Mia (Uma Thurman) is snorting up in the bathroom of the dinner, she reacts by saying, "Unn...goddamn!   Goddamn!" just like at the begining of "...Fanny Packs."  Now, the chicken/egg question.  Which came first?

- -john

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 15:54:44 EST
From: luckyday6@juno.com (Jason A Masi)
Subject: Bootlegs for BFF stuff

I have 3 bootlegs from Ben Folds Five concerts and I would like to get
some more or any other stuff of BFF that you have.

Ben Folds Five July 18, 1997 Phoenix, AZ (45 min)
One Angry Dwarf
Fair
Smoke
Kate
Dr. Pyser
Philosophy
Tom and Mary
Emaline
Bad Idea (demo)
For all the pretty people

Ben Folds Five  January 26, 1996 Pontiac, MI (45 min)
Best Imitation Of Myself
Jackson Cannery
Last Polka
Alice Childress
Where's Summer B?
One Angry Dwarf
Uncle Walter
Steven's Last Night in Town
Julianne
Free Bird
Bad Idea

Ben Folds Five November 4, 1997  Boston, MA (90 min)
Too many songs to list. The best bootleg I have is this.

So if you have any that you want e-mail me.

Thanks
Jason

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 15:28:35 -0600
From: "Zach Jones" <ztjones@email.msn.com>
Subject: Yet another bootleg looker.

I have 0000 BF5 bootlegs.  My collection is at nil.  Although a long time
fan, I never thought about getting some live stuff and need some help
getting a collection started.   I am a SWM,  OOPS wrong site.  Anyway,  if
anyone can give me a hand in starting, write me at
ztjones@msn.com.   Thank you and don't eat yellow snow.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 17:05:51 EST
From: Chemweasel <Chemweasel@aol.com>
Subject: Ben in Playboy!

Any other perverts happen to catch Ben in this months issue of Playboy? What's
left for the boys, Hustler?

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 17:53:43 -0500
From: jaedonely@juno.com (A A DONELY)
Subject: BFF songs and my life

This is probably going to come off as relatively depressing, but then
again, Im in Catholic high school.  Since I am entrenched in boring
classes, hanging out with people who have a preconcieved notioin of who I
am, well, Video and Best Imitation Of Myself is of course, the BFF songs
that most echo my life.
1st. Best-why? Because the people at my school are kind of, lets say,
into conformity.  The average person at my school listens to the Wu Tang,
Puffy, and Im different, because I dont go out and get crazy ass drunk, I
do well in school, and Im also VERY into, for lack of a better term, "art
films" and music nobody else knows of(Ben Folds Five, anyone?)-at one
point, the "popular" girls on my soccer team were spreading rumors that I
did herion!! Just because I liked the movie Trainspotting and Ive heard
of the Prodigy.  So anyway, when Im in school, Its really hard to be my
happy, well-adjusted, high self esteemed self.  Some people at my school
can't deal! So I really put on a front at school-thank GOD for friends.
2nd.Video-I really pick up on the ,"Oh what fun I can't wait till the
future gets here" line- to myself it represents the golden possibilities
that lie ahead. College can't come sooner; I'll have so many options and
choices and even though I dont know what I want to do, at least I can
have the freedom to choose! To take interesting classes! To WRITE!!!  I
want to go to Havard, Oberlin, or UNC.($$ es un problemo)
~Elisabeth
A lady that works out in my father's akido classes, her brother roomed
with Darren Jessee in college.(Supposedly)

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 18:20:48 -0500
From: jaedonely@juno.com (A A DONELY)
Subject: ?????

Is this bitchy, evil, and totally against-(sigh.)my favorite band, Ben
Folds Five??
This urge is coming more often-do you guys get it, too?
I dont really listen to my local top 40 station, and I was getting really
used to BFF's relative anonmynity (sp.?) on the radio. Now even the sucky
ass top 40 station is playing BFF right inbetween Jewel, Robin, Hanson,
etc...
I find myself wanting to call the top 40 radio station and (there goes
the knife) saying, stop playing that stupid Brick song! Its so boring! It
sucks!
I havent done it yet..... It is bad to do? Is it overly selfish to want
to keep Ben Folds Five for myself and a select few who appreciate the
lyrics and piannah??
!Good question for anyone interviewing Ben Folds Five-Did you pick up any
dance moves from hanging out with Beck on the HORDE festival??(It looked
like it at the show I saw)

Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 19:48:45 +0000
From: Hilarie Surrena <walflowr@Op.Net>
Subject: unsuscribe