Issue #747 - January 12, 1998

Magical Armchair Digest    Monday, January 12 1998    Volume 01 : Number 747

   Send an e-mail message to armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl with
the word 'unsubscribe' (without the quotes) in the message body. Please DO
NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST ITSELF! If you are having
trouble, send mail to owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl and I
will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

PLEASE KEEP YOUR POSTS SHORT
   Now that many list members are back with us, the volume of posts will
be increasing. This makes it important to stay on topic and keep your
posts concise.  Avoid the tendency to ramble, as this increases the
amount of text readers have to wade through. If you want to ramble on,
take it to IRC or the newsgroup.
   Also remember to be very selective in your quoting of others'
messages. Don't quote an entire post just to add one or two lines. And
be especially careful not to quote the whole digest!!

ARMCHAIR FAQ
   To help you be a better citizen of the Armchair, Mark Piper has
compiled a list of Frequently-Asked Questions just for subscribers to the
Magical Armchair.  Please check it out at
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/5430/listguide.html  There is also a
link at the Magical Archive homepage, http://oeonline.com/bff/list/

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    SNL
    Venue updates
    Mango!
    2 good things about snl
    Mango!
    Mt. Kisco Borders

Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 15:49:37, -0500
From: JLPD@prodigy.com ( SADIE   RUMSEY)
Subject: SNL

AUGHH!!!  I'm kicking myself very hard right now-
last night I stayed in just to watch SNL, and so I
decided it wouldn't be a bad time to start on some of
those Bio essays that are due Monday.  Unfortnately,
writing those essays didn't do much as far as keeping me
awake after not sleeping all week, being out until 3 Friday
and being sick on top of it all.  Basically, I missed the SNL
performance entirely...and after sitting through all those
idiotic Samuel L. Jackson skits, too.  I'm curious about how
the boys looked to the rest of the nation, though, so if anyone
has a tape I could get a copy of (or if you live around Ann
Arbor you could just invite me over to watch), I'd really
appreciate it.

Live good.

- -JLPD/Sadie

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 16:49:20 -0500 (EST)
From: Frank Maynard <maynard@mail.oeonline.com>
Subject: Venue updates

Venues for February shows just announced:

Feb. 12 - Houston, Texas: Numbers
Feb. 18 - Toronto, Ont.: The Phoenix

One more to be set, Norfolk, Va. on the 23rd, and when I get word on the
venue I'll pass it along.

 -fjm
             All the grief we never even knew we had it all along

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 18:03:57 -0500
From: jaedonely@juno.com (A A DONELY)
Subject: Mango!

One song! No one good shot of the Sledge concentrating on his base!
Honestly, I don't think that BFF is going to have Scary Mass Domination
of the sucky Sugar Ray variety with the public-I think they'll probably
have Squirrel Nut Zippers-Morphine level of popularity, including the
devoted armchairites!
That was definetly an above level episode, though, the Mango and the GO!
GEORGE CLOONEY! Being my personal favorites.
Im biding my sweet time until Nekkid Bebe Photos.
I do like Samuel L Jackson
~Elisabeth
"Let Down And Hanging Around"

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 18:26:13 -0500
From: jaedonely@juno.com (A A DONELY)
Subject: 2 good things about snl

did you notice Ben and the catholic schoolgirl talking ?? What about the
"Im the man!" faces that our little drummer boy was making? And where was
the Ben Folds Five meets the Catholic schoolgirl skit that must be
someday? Huh?
~Elisabeth
new cd-Boy Wonder. Really fun and catchy-sweet girly voiced lead singer.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 18:32:12 -0500
From: jaedonely@juno.com (A A DONELY)

One song! Not one good shot of the Sledge concentrating on his base!
Honestly, I don't think that BFF is going to have Scary Mass
Dominationof the sucky Sugar Ray variety with the public-I think they'll
probablyhave Squirrel Nut Zippers-Morphine level of popularity. That was
definetly an above level episode, though, the Mango and the GO!GEORGE
CLOONEY! Being my personal favorites.
Im biding my sweet time until Nekkid Bebe Photos.
I do like Samuel L Jackson"make a shrine to my bad ass!"
~Elisabeth
"Let down and hanging around"-Radiohead

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 19:38:18 -0500 (EST)
From: llion@sas.upenn.edu (Lindsay Lion)
Subject: Mt. Kisco Borders

For all y'all in the Westchester New York Area, you can pick up a copy of
NBP at Borders Books & Music in Mt. Kisco.

Does anyone know a place to pick it up early in Philly?

- --
Lindsay R. Lion						Penn Glee Club
llion@mail.sas.upenn.edu			        Stage Manager

Go ahead you can laugh all you want. I got my philosophy.  - Ben Folds