Issue #927 - April 5, 1998

Magical Armchair Digest     Sunday, April 5 1998     Volume 01 : Number 927

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF! If you are having trouble, send mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

    Q101 bash
    angry at angry at one angry steve
    toronto show cancelled or not??
    article
    Anyone going to the Austin, TX show??
    question, si vous plait
    Well Excuse Me If I Break My Own Heart Tonight

Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 21:06:00 EST
From: Littlela17 <Littlela17@aol.com>
Subject: Q101 bash

hello fellow fivers,
I was really excited when i saw that BFF was coming here to sweet home Chicago
(actually Tinley Park) and I noticed that others were too.  I would really
like to get a group together to meet before Our Boys come on and then we can
all watch the show.  Also we can scream and sing together while the other Q101
teeny boppers look at us like we are nuts.  If this sounds like a good time
please email me and Ill give ya the info that I have.  Thanks and sorry for
taking up Armchair space.
~Laura~

a big ass mother GI Joe....

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 21:16:49 EST
From: MFH333 <MFH333@aol.com>
Subject: angry at angry at one angry steve

what the hell was that? wasting all of the armchair to post what all of us
have already read? and that is no way to talk to a fellow fiver! you should be
ashamed. one angry steve was right, anyway.
- -adriane

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 18:37:22 -0800 (PST)
From: Scott Clarke <mango_genius@rocketmail.com>
Subject: toronto show cancelled or not??

hello all, has anyone noticed the quiet removal of
the 06.03.98 show in Toronto with Beck and BFF on the
BFF homepage????? I just went there today to see if
they have posted the on-sale date, but instead they
have removed it!!??  Is this show at Molson
Ampleltheatre cancelled??? If not, why is it off the
page?? does anyone have any info on this??? there is
no mention of the date being removed on the tour, or
news page..hmmm i will be extremely disappointed (as
will many on this list) if it has been cancelled, i
know my fingures are crossed.

Check out the page...

thanks all
Scott Clarke

===

"There's no such thing as a failure who keeps trying,
coasting to the bottom is the only disgrace."
J.Popper (BT)
"Your fears are undefeatable.  Not by their nature,
but by your approach." Jewel

Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 21:45:46 EST
From: Vwbugn5890 <Vwbugn5890@aol.com>
Subject: article

hey i'm new to the list, but i saw BFF on valentine's day (aww how sweet) in
st. louis and i just have to say it was the best damn concert i've ever seen.i
am totally addicted to ben, darren and robert.i think they're the greatest
band ever.but enough of that.i read some of the other posts and thought i
would respond to some of them.my fav album is self-titled, it's less poppy and
i think it's less radio oriented (if anyone knows what i'm talking about at
all...or if you don't, just smile and nod like most people do) the best song
lyrically i think is evaporated, it's such a great song....musically wow,
that's a tough one...i'll get back to you on that one :) bye now!
shan

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 21:04:13 -0600
From: Clayton Smith <ctsmith@onr.com>
Subject: Anyone going to the Austin, TX show??

I think im going to get tickets for the austin TX show at austin music
hall but i've never been down there and this will be my first BFF show.
So....i was wondering if anyone on the armchair was planning to go to
the show when they hit austin. Oh ya, i tried to order the battle of who
could care less from CDnow and the punks don't carry that anymore. Made
me mad. Last time i buy from them. And finally, WEAEA is a "hot hit
album" in the Target sunday insert. That's all for now. Oh ya and if
your going to the austin BFF show send me an email at ctsmith@onr.com
please.

My moms good she got me out of twin falls Idaho - Twin falls, BFF

CTSMITH

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 21:16:09 -0600
From: rcc35060@cmsu2.cmsu.edu (rebehka-chrissy-christine-meg-cramer)
Subject: question, si vous plait

i have another one of those QUESTIONS that will probably spark a lot of

well my favorite song that bff did on nbp is 'fanny packs'. but i have
weird hearing  i guess cause i can hardly destinguish who is saying what.
someteims i think it is ben, and sometimes i think it is darren who  the
lead 'rapper' or whatever it is called...leader? of the song. i know they
switch off but i cant tell who is doing what when...hmmm.

i have reasons for me thinking that most of it is darren..does anyone know
for sure? or have any ideas themselves?

thanks guys yall are dolls...and sorry in advance if you have already
discussed this...

ive got nothing to say, but its okay.

this is my story both humble and true, take it to pieces and mend it with glue.

everyones favorite chrissy (the silly old bananafish)

"i'm not going to change the way i look or the way i feel to conform to
anything. i've always been a freak. so i've been a freak all my life and i
have to live with that, you know. i'm one of those people."
- -john lennon

"the clouds will be a daisy chain, so let me see you smile again"
- - the beatles, "dear prudence"

Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 22:44:18 -0500
From: Richard Challen <rchallen@clemson.campus.mci.net>
Subject: Well Excuse Me If I Break My Own Heart Tonight

Re: Anyway, I also wanted to ask about the band Whiskeytown.

Whiskeytown is an alt-country band signed to Outpost Records, and their
major-label debut, Strangers Almanac, topped tons of "Best Of '97" Lists
and is now finally making inroads on radio. In fact, I thought their CD
was the best one I heard all year, even better than WAEA. (No blasphemy
intended, of course.)
Whiskeytown really sounds nothing like the Five, except that Ryan Adams
and Mr. Folds both write great songs. The only connection that I can
think of is that Whiskeytown's from Raleigh, NC, and BF5 hails from
Chapel Hill, so geography and all... A strange band to see live, though.
Some nights they're really on and others Ryan can barely stand upright
from all the drinking. Hope you catch them on a good one... if not, at
least listen to the CD before you cast them aside.

- --rICH

Visit The RICH Homepage and check out the brand-new CD,
LIFE/DEATH... 15 songs of romance and retribution...
Available independently from Desperate Man Records.
         http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Stage/9035