Issue #949 - April 19, 1998

Magical Armchair Digest     Sunday, April 19 1998     Volume 01 : Number 949

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF! If you are having trouble, send mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

    BFF bootleg index help
    Total Request
    LAWRENCE!!!!
    Re: A bit of trivia
    "Theeeee Young Ones Oooh Ohh The Young Ones..." ( Hey I'm singing here!)
    Flavorite bands??
    DEAR ROB
    the truth about Kenny G
    TOTAL REQUEST ONE ANGRY DWARF AND 200 SOLEMN FACES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 20:23:08 EDT
From: Qualitease <Qualitease@aol.com>
Subject: BFF bootleg index help

Hey, its Alan again.  I am making massive changes to the BFF Trading Station,
and I need your help.  If you successfuly taped one or more of the following
shows, let me know by e-mail.  This is only if YOU taped the show.  This way I
will know how many different versions of the tape are out there.  Below are
the shows.  Thanks for your help.
     ~Alan

•Feb. 4: Portland, OR - La Luna
•Feb. 5: Seattle, WA - DV8
•Feb. 7: San Francisco, CA - Warfield Theatre
•Feb. 8: Hollywood, CA - Palace Theatre
•Feb. 9: Tempe, AZ - Club Rio
•Feb. 11: Dallas, TX - Deep Ellum Live
•Feb. 12: Houston, TX - Numbers
•Feb. 14: St. Louis, MO - American Theatre
•Feb. 15: Chicago, IL - Riviera Theatre (Setlist)
•Feb. 16: Pontiac, MI - Clutch Cargo's (Setlist)
•Feb. 18: Toronto, Ont. - The Phoenix
•Feb. 20: New York, NY - Hammerstein Ballroom
•Feb. 21: Philadelphia, PA - Electric Factory
•Feb. 22: Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
•Feb. 23: Virginia Beach, VA - The Abyss

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 20:11:46 PDT
From: "Dustin O." <doneil41@hotmail.com>
Subject: Total Request

Hey,
  Guess what people, I don't think there's a chance in hell, even if we
did all request 1AD, that it would get aired.  The winning videos get
like like 15,000 votes, I don't think there are 15,000 people who know
that that video was ever on.  Sorry to break it to you.

5 Bands eh?
Dave Matthews Band
Cool For August (listening to them at liveconcerts right now!)
Big Head Todd and The Monsters
Toad the Wet Sprocket
Primus

Later people,
Dustin

Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 22:56:39 -0500 (EST)
From: Anna Louise Cavnar <acavnar@indiana.edu>
Subject: LAWRENCE!!!!

Hey all
Just noticed that Lawrence has been added to the tour list!!!! HORRAY!!!!
i'm not currently in kansas, but i'm going to be home for the summer and
the show. can anyone give me details? i've got a ticket, but what's the
show format? is it just them or a festival type deal? no one ever answers
my questions, but if there is someone out there who knows PLEASE tell me.
if you want you can email me personally at acavnar@indiana.edu
thanks!
anna

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 00:12:41 -0500
From: Rick Fuss <rfuss@eagle.ais.net>
Subject: Re: A bit of trivia

>From: joe <jmcnulty@ou.edu>
>
>Vaguely BF5 related:
>The last song the Flaming Lips, whose song "Jelly" the Five cover, ever
>played in their original line up, before Ron the guitarist left, was
>Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head.  It was the encore for the home show
>here in Oklahoma City in the most drenching rainstorm I've seen.  And
>now we come full circle to BF5 playing Raindrops on TV...hmmm.

Ronald definitely wasn't in the original line-up.  The orginal line-up
was Wayne and Mark Coyne and Michael Ivins.   Ronald joined the band at about
album #6.  But anyways, check out the limited edition "Brainville"
single it has a cover of Raindrops from a KCRW in-studio performance.
According to the Chicago Sun-Times, The F'Lips will have a new album
out this summer.

later...
- --Rick

      Rick Fuss                     |    Rick's Lo-Fi Homepage
      rfuss@ais.net                 |    http://www.cl.ais.net/rfuss/
  "Somebody please tell this machine, I'm not a machine"--The Flaming Lips

Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 03:31:09 EDT
From: Snowwite67 <Snowwite67@aol.com>
Subject: "Theeeee Young Ones Oooh Ohh The Young Ones..." ( Hey I'm singing here!)

<< The Real Ones (is that the name of
 it?)) >>
I think you mean "The Young Ones", you know with Vivian and his hamster! hehe
But I could be wrong. :)"
- -Lauren

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 02:17:17 -0700 (MST)
From: short1@aztec.asu.edu (LINDSAY DIANE WARREN)
Subject: Flavorite bands??

well, lets see...

XTC, Barenaked Ladies, They Might Be Giants, Volent Femmes, Dead Milkmen,
Soul Coughing, The Sugarplastic, and Radiohead just to name a few...

Lindsay

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 16 Apr 98 18:09:42 EST
From: MINSHOW@GOLD.UNI-MISKOLC.HU
Subject: DEAR ROB

Dear friend,

If you are like me you have turned your nose up at dozens of those "get
rich quick" schemes.  Recently I stumbled onto a for-real program that
overcame all my doubts....

How would you like to work with a company that has been  super-profitable
for two years now?  How would you like to make hundreds or thousands of
dollars each week by helping families save money on 250,000 brand-name
products and services that they'd buy anyway at higher prices?

Work smart...not hard!

Just pass out our 800# with your sponsor code number.

The company does the selling for you.  That's right!...  They close the
deal for you, and send you $100 for every sale!  There is even a built-in
residual that goes with it.

The company also can help you locate many people beyond your immediate
circle of friends who are excellent prospects to join us by first calling
the free 800 number.

Don`t miss this opportunity!

Call Mon.-Sat., 9 am - 11 pm EST
1-800-811-2141...Code#51220
(This is hot!  If busy, keep trying!)

In Canada call 1-800-588-9786...Code#51220
Just get people to call our 800 number.  We'll take it from there.
You collect weekly commission checks (mailed every Friday), and generous
monthly bonuses.  We'll even send you a weekly report of all calls to your
sponsor code number.  What could be easier?

Our company has revolutionized the network marketing industry by combining
(1) guaranteed wholesale prices on a truly comprehensive selection of
products people already use, (2) an extremely affordable startup cost, and
(3) the most lucrative compensation plan ever designed.

This just might be the finest home-based business opportunity in the world.
And you can start today.

In a nutshell:

..NO selling - NO inventory - NO monthly quotas - NO meetings!
You will NOT find ANYTHING easier!  ....Earn unlimited $100 bonuses!  You
can actually start earning TODAY!

This is a 2-year-old company.  And it's growing fast.

For complete details call NOW.....toll-free.

1-800-811-2141...Sponsor Code#51220.
The five minutes you spend listening to our founder's uplifting message may
change your life forever!

P.S.:

You can also call from a fax machine to get the basic information by
fax-on-demand:  1-415-273-6020.  Make sure to write down Sponsor Code#51220.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 13:28:06 EDT
From: GrnEgNham <GrnEgNham@aol.com>
Subject: the truth about Kenny G

it is no wonder that no one knows where he is from.  kenny g is an android and
thus was neither conceived nor born anywhere.  he just appeared one day.  and
when we chop him up, like that guy from alien(s)? his innards will also be
clam chowder (the white).

no i am not homicidal. i just have good taste in music.

emily

ben folds five content:  um, they're like my favorite band. that brick song
would almost make me cry, if only i like knew what it meant. can anyone tell
me?

   THAT WAS VERBAL IRONY FOR ALL YOU LITERAL THINKERS OUT THERE

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 13:49:22 -0400
From: "John Felten" <Sammy7@gte.net>
Subject: TOTAL REQUEST ONE ANGRY DWARF AND 200 SOLEMN FACES!!!!!!!!!!!!

- ------=_NextPart_000_01BD6AD0.CADD8960

Okay, okay, since nobody is going to organize anything, how about Monday we
can all vote for ONE ANGRY DWARF AND 200 SOLEMN FACES!  Okay, everyone, at
least in the U.S., watch MTV Monday night, the show is on at 9:30, but at
8:00 they will tell you the number to call in and the address for which you
can e-mail them at.  To actually get the video on the show(Oh, I can't wait
to bump one of those bands off) We each have to call twice and e-mail them
from ALL of our different e-mail addresses!  Come on guys, let's do it.
Monday's the day.  It will be so cool to have their video on there.
MONDAY!!!

~Marie