Issue #958 - April 24, 1998

Magical Armchair Digest     Friday, April 24 1998     Volume 01 : Number 958

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF! If you are having trouble, send mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

    imports, singles
    Web page
    ISO: Posters!
    virgin poster
    holy condom, super whore!!(that doesn't sound good)
    SHE DON'T USE JELLY...
    UDMO
    request mag

Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 19:22:06 EDT
From: MFH333 <MFH333@aol.com>
Subject: imports, singles

everyone is always writing about their imports and singles, but i have yet to
find any! i look through every store, whether it be best buy, borders, or the
new and used shops or the little rare individual shops. i look through all
bargain bins, but cannot find anything! can anyone give me some hints? does
anyone know anything about cool shops in the dc  and surrounding area? please
help!
- -adriane

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 22:12:07 -0400
From: "John Felten" <Sammy7@gte.net>
Subject: Web page

- ------=_NextPart_000_01BD6E3B.B066E0E0

Hey, actually I had this great Ben Folds Five web page all ready to be
published on the net, but it's being a bitch and it won't go up.  So I have
to start all over an make a new one.  Can someone please tell me a good
place to make one(for example geocities, angelfire, tripod, which is the
best??)  I hate all the HTML crap, but it seems like all of them contain
that.  Can someone please reply back with a recommendation!!!!

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 22:21:31 -0400
From: "Laura E. Goddeeris" <goddeer2@pilot.msu.edu>
Subject: ISO: Posters!

Is it just me, or are BFF posters *extremely* hard to come by? It seems that
the best way to go about getting some is to check local music stores. Well,
I've done that, and come up empty-handed. Does anyone have any extras that
they're willing to part with? I don't really have anything to trade in the
way of tapes (though I can come up with some Phish tapes, FWIW), so I'll try
to come up with other ideas. Please help! I need to hang my favorite band on
my wall!

Thanks,
Laura
******************************
Laura E. Goddeeris
goddeer2@pilot.msu.edu
http://www.msu.edu/user/goddeer2

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 19:22:40 PDT
From: "Beth anne" <gr00vyb@hotmail.com>
Subject: virgin poster

hi!  This is my very first post.  I have been a bff fan for at least 4
years now.  I enjoyed bus stop when they were around, and i even saw
pots and pans when i was in nc one time.  (it was a fluke spotting, i
didn't realize it that the time that ben folds was in the band, but
looking back it was cool)  and anyway, i don't buy into the brick hype,
but I did find something kind of fun to do if you want to rebel when you
hear brick overplayed on any 'pop' station; simply replace the word
brick with BITCH.  so it sounds like...
SHE'S A BITCH AND I'M DROWNING SLOWLY....  my co-workers love it.
Anyway..i'm a student at michgan state university and i'm very excited
about seen bff on june 2nd and may 26th in michigan.  I can't wait to
post more fun stuff!!  oh, email me....I ADORE EMAIL.
maden o' modem
beth anne

Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 19:42:02 PDT
From: "Chandra Hicks" <chanfifteen@hotmail.com>
Subject: holy condom, super whore!!(that doesn't sound good)

i just really have to say that it pisses the flip out of me when people
post a magical armchair thing from the day before and take up all the
space with things that have already been posted, just had to vent.
chandra

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 11:56:24 +0100
From: Toby Jenkins <toby@hereford.ac.uk>
Subject: SHE DON'T USE JELLY...

Any one know where I can get the lyrics for this great little ditty?
Please mail me.
Toby

And now for something completely different....

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 11:39:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Robert Stevie Berryman Jr." <gt5537b@prism.gatech.edu>
Subject: UDMO

can the person who posted the email for UDMO please post it again or send
it to me?  Thanks.

- --
R. Stevie Berryman
gt5537b@prism.gatech.edu

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 18:55:31 EDT
From: Fretbored7 <Fretbored7@aol.com>
Subject: request mag

i don't know if anyone else posted about this, but there was an odd little ben
folds five mention in this month's copy of request magazine (ya know, that
free mag from sam goody).  anyway, in the "dish" section, there was this
little tidbit.

"Bikini Kill may still be aligned spiritually, but not geographically. Lead
singer Kathleen Hanna, still deeply involved with Beastie Boy Adrocka, decided
to leave her temporary New York roost for the wilds of North Carolina.  But
don't worry, you won't find Hanna baredfoot in the Piedmont singing Ben Folds
Five tunes..."

i just thought that was an interesting little reference.  also, there's a fun
little ad for WAEA later in the magazine... it's good for snipping out and
pasting on your wall.

getting my bff tickets tomorrow!,
*jackie*
 bands i enjoy thoroughly: jamiroquai, 311, beastie boys, brownie mary, g love
and special sauce, buffalo tom, rem, dmb, bnl, mb20, toad the wet sprocket...
yippee!
Support Pittsburgh Rock:  www.citysounds.com