Issue #964 - April 28, 1998

Magical Armchair Digest    Tuesday, April 28 1998    Volume 01 : Number 964

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF! If you are having trouble, send mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

    Links, Foxboro concert(Boston)
    FW: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #958
    grand rapids/pine knob
    Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #962
    HORDE and AVAILABLE POSTERS
    Charlotte 4/26 show
    A Crowd to Watch Him F#ck the Words

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 15:55:09 -0400
From: "John Felten" <Sammy7@gte.net>
Subject: Links, Foxboro concert(Boston)

- ------=_NextPart_000_01BD71F4.DADE42C0

First of all, I'd like to ask you guys AGAIN if anyone could put my web
site as a link on your site, I'd really appreciate it, and I'd put yours on
mine too.  The address is:
http://www.angelfire.com/fl/BenFolds5/index.html

Another thing, I was wondering if any of you guys are going to the Foxboro
concert in Boston in the beginning of June.  I probably am going and I was
wondering if anyone wants to meet up or anything.  And also, can someone
tell me when tickets go on sale?  I'd really appreciate it, thanx!

~Marie

"Opening the blinds and the world is in rotation
 Shaking my head like an etch-a-sketch erasing"-Semisonic

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 98 17:12:36 EDT
From: mscott <mscott@stny.lrun.com>
Subject: FW: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #958

>Is it just me, or are BFF posters *extremely* hard to come by? It seems that
>the best way to go about getting some is to check local music stores. Well,
>I've done that, and come up empty-handed. Does anyone have any extras that
>they're willing to part with? I don't really have anything to trade in the
>way of tapes so I'll try to come up with other ideas. Please help! I need to
>hang my favorite band on my wall!
>
>Thanks,
>Laura

Hey...if you happen to have extra posters...e-mail me too.
thanks muchly,
michele

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 98 17:36:32 PDT
From: "Justin" <jking01@mail.tds.net>
Subject: grand rapids/pine knob

I am planning on going to both the Grand Rapids show and the Pine Knob
show, and
it'd be cool to meet other inhabitants of the armchair before the shows.
Was anyone
planning on taping either of these shows?

Well, I'll guess I'll my 2 cents in on this 5 bands thing
(other than BF5)
1. The Smashing Pumpkins
2. Radiohead
3. Afghan Whigs
4. Sonic Youth
5. Catherine

Later
- -Justin

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 18:07:54 -0400
From: Harootunian <haroot@sover.net>
Subject: Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #962

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 19:12:34 EDT
From: Hoser Girl <HoserGirl@aol.com>
Subject: HORDE and AVAILABLE POSTERS

I called the HORDE line the other day, because I saw that Smashing Pumpkins
were playing it, and was eager to know when it would stop through here, (I am
incredibly hyped), and in the beginning of the recording, it listed off all
the bands playing the HORDE, and Ben was not in mention. It would be quite a
delight if they were... me and a friend were going off about how bad ass that
would be... but anyway, that's what I heard.

POSTERS... I have been posting about this, but they haven't been going
through, I suck. I have posters, extra copies of what are already on my walls.
And there are two for sale at a record store down town... I have that one that
is for sale, and it is very very great.... so I will probably buy them just
because I know there are many of you fiending for them. ME... I am desperatley
in need of both 120 minutes... I saw them both, but my VCR was screwed...
other than that, I need the OAD video, I never even saw it... and the Burt
Bacarach thing that I missed AND they played my FAVE song... GRRRRR... So,
yeah, I need those things on Video... in exchange I will treat you to the
greatness of a poster and whatever... anyway, please e-mail me, and let us all
help each other.

Loving Ben Folds Five until the day I die...
                  BONNIE
Hoser Girl@aol.com

PLEASE E-MAIL IN RESPONSE...
(I had something similiar to this posted a long time back, and my mailbox got
a lot of replies, and then my computer got all shammed up, and broke down and
stuff, and when I got back, they were all gone... so think me not to be a bad
person, and I hope there is a trade out there for me...)

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 19:33:35 EDT
From: Ssull9397 <Ssull9397@aol.com>
Subject: Charlotte 4/26 show

Hi everyone. (It's my first post to the Armchair, but not my first BF5
concert.)  Sunny day, cold beer, BF5 music ... whatta way to spend
a Sunday afternoon!  I especially enjoyed Steven's Last Night, Kate,
Dumped, and the encore Underground.   At one point Ben had to wipe
off the keys with a towel, said it was his first show where pollen
got on the keys. Darren pointed out that he went to elementary school
right around the corner.  But the talking was limited--they focused on
serving up what I went for--great music with a dose of humor.  I had
hoped for a repeat performance of "Raindrops" but I suppose Burt has
to give the ok on that one.

Later,
Susan

Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 19:59:24 EDT
From: ChrltGirl <ChrltGirl@aol.com>
Subject: A Crowd to Watch Him F#ck the Words

Hey!! Did anyone see the Charlotte NC show on sunday 4/26? It was great, but
way too short!!!
- --Jessica Kaufman