Issue #966 - April 29, 1998

Magical Armchair Digest   Wednesday, April 29 1998   Volume 01 : Number 966

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF! If you are having trouble, send mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

    bandwagoneering
    Raindrops
    "they say goldfish have no memory"

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 16:00:03 -0500
From: chdevers@juno.com (edison carter)
Subject: bandwagoneering

***** everybody else is doing it, so why can't i? *****
five favorite bands as of right now,
tuesday, 28 april 1998, 3:52 pm cdt (gmt -06:00):

	shellac
	big black
	jesus lizard
	girls against boys
	quintaine americana

with alot of runners up -- sonic youth, mission of burma, tiny tim, etc.
(hehe -- "tiptoe through the tulips...")

***** wtff? *****
what's the thing with all the acronyms around here?
i feel like i'm surrounded by a bunch of military/computer types.
you know, the computer people that can't call, frinstance,
a monitor a "monitor"
but a "crt", as in "cathode ray tube."
or the types of cold war people that went around talking about
"mad" (mutual assured destruction) instead of simply admitting
that they were just really, really fucking stupid.

as for you guys on this list,
i'm not accusing you of being
really really fucking stupid
nor painfully oblique or obtuse.
but at the same time...

is it that hard to spell out "song for the dumped"?
do you need to speak in code like this?
i've been trying to figure this out since
i signed up for this list a few months ago,
and i _still_ don't get it...

oh well, whatever.

- --chris

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
"I'm going to appeal to Microsoft to give me a label."
- -- Thurston Moore of Sonic Youth, on how he has
   decided to make money on the alt-rock scene.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 18:42:23 -0800
From: justin@gcnet.com (Justin)
Subject: Raindrops

Hey-
Anybody have a good, clean copy of the boys on that TNT special? Mine
screwed the audio up, and I'm looking for another one to put on a video
compalation. Please e-mail me.
<justin@gcnet.com>

Thanks!

p.s. How about that Duran Duran Tribute album? That's some great stuff!

Five Fav. Bands:
1. BFF
2. Blues Traveler (July 4, Redrocks, I'm there man!)
3. Mustard Plug
4. Tori Amos
5. DMB

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 03:21:10 GMT
From: Nhu_Nguyen@post.wesleyan-college.edu (Nhu Nguyen)
Subject: "they say goldfish have no memory"

will anyone be going to the concert at AU on may 4th?  just wondering....
funny site of the day:   http://www.bluefront.com/just4fun/greetings.htm
(don't give up...it really is funny)

debbie

five fave (peer pressure peer pressure)
the breeders
barenaked ladies
ani difranco
folk implosion
seven mary three

"People talk
 About my image
 Like I come in two dimensions
 Like lipstick is a sign of my declining mind
 Like what I happen to be wearing
 The day that someone takes a picture
 Is my new statement for all of womankind"
			--ani difranco "little plastic castle"