Issue #969 - May 1, 1998

Magical Armchair Digest      Friday, May 1 1998      Volume 01 : Number 969

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF! If you are having trouble, send mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

    hmm
    KATE FILM CLIP!!!!! READ ME :)
    RE: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #967
    Dr. Pyser on CD
    Nashville Picnic before show.
    Tour Date Question
    Re: Meeting The Boys
    Duke show
    Media Appearances
    tickets?

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 11:32:07 EDT
From: Rod Henry <RodHenry@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #967

, In Armchair #967, Michigan Joe wrote:

<< Great.....I think I'm actually a little ashamed that some BF5 fans got
 organized and actually spent energy so we could bring swear words to the
 masses. Stupid song should never have been released as a single anyway...

I'm glad to hear somebody say this. I've been a big fan of BFF since the first
album, and think that the majority of their lyrics are some of the most
incredible I've ever heard. That's why I'm disappointed to hear so much
attention attributed to a song that makes the writer sound like a petty,
bitter, and vindictive jerk. There must be female BFF fans out there who have
had ex-boyfriends verbally abuse them in this fashion. I wonder how much they
like the song.
If "Song For The Dumped" becomes a big hit, I'm not looking forward to future
BFF concerts. My guess is that the type of person who would buy a ticket just
because they heard that song on the radio and liked it, may not have the
intelligence or patience to appreciate a song like "Selfless, Cold and
Composed" or "Evaporated".

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 11:10:29 -0600
From: Deidre <a0028897@airmail.net>
Subject: hmm

"in "fannie packs", darren sounds just like jerry seinfeld when he's
screaming that bit about the duct tape."

If I do recall correctly,  I said that a long time ago. =) But I'm glad
you noticed as well.

Always,
Deidre

**I'm not jesus thoughwe have th same initials.**  -Jarvis Cocker (Pulp)

http://members.theglobe.com/Berzerker69

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 02:20:05 +1000
From: "Paul B." <pbland@comcen.com.au>
Subject: KATE FILM CLIP!!!!! READ ME :)

Fivers,

Hi again... I was reading somewhere recently (may have been a web site, i
forget) that said BF5 recorded a film-clip to Kate in a hotel room before a
show, but will probably never be released... and reading this made me
remeber that once, probably about a year ago, i went to a web site that had
that very clip, in AVI or MOV or something.. in six parts. i began
downloadig the first one, but with my crappy computer, and crappy modem at
the time, i only ever got the first 10 seconds of the clip (it started off
the three guys asleep in a bed, with blue sheets...) Anyway, my question is
this, if anyone has this clip on computer (i.e. they downloaded it when it
was available) or perhaps you know the site and it is still there (i
couldn't find it) or maybe you are the person who owned/own the site...
whoever you are, if you have this clip.. then please let me know.. because
i really really want it... and im sure a lot of other people do too.

thanks :)

- -Paul B.

- --- "Blah blah blah... blah!"
                            - Some guy in a band.
====~===~==~=~=~=~==~===~====
Paul B.
Melbourne, Australia
pbland@comcen.com.au
====~===~==~=~=~=~==~===~====

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 11:39:19 CST6CDT5,M4.1.0,M10.5.0
From: CELIA BEDELIA <lsman4572@lsvax.lsmsa.edu>

Hey! I'm a newcomer to this mailing list, so this is the first time I've
posted anything and I'm really not sure how this works.  Oh well.  I was
excited to fing out that there were that many other poeple who knew so much
abou this great band.  A few more of my favorites in random order:
	1. JACKOPIERCE
	2. Sarah McLaughan
	3. Tin Gods
	4. American Horse
	5. Indigo Girls
the list goes on and on.  BTW, I love Counting Crows and had noticed that
lyric beforem but just never made the connection I guess.  Thanks for
bringing that out.

- -Celia
@}---,--'--
p.s.- anyone wiht information about the May 15 Dallas show, please post it.
It's as close as they are coming to me.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 11:48:27 -0500
From: Thomas Kluis <kluistp@CAA.MRS.UMN.EDU>
Subject: Dr. Pyser on CD

For all of you out there in college radio land (commercial sucks!) check out
the Teleconnected album by the Americans for Radio Diversity.  Featuring
folks from DiFranco, Soul Coughing, Low, and our boys Ben Folds Five (doing
the theme to Dr. Pyser).

Tom

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 12:18:20 -0500
From: noctum <noctum@usa.net>
Subject: Nashville Picnic before show.

Ok. Anyone else that is going to be attending the Nashville show, I am
extending you an invitation to join me and a few others from the armchair
to attend a picnic on Saturday before we head down to catch BFF downtown.
If you are interested in meeting some people off the armchair and would
like to go down to the show with people that will appreciate the band for
more than two songs, email me back and i will email you directions and a
phone number in case you get lost. Looking forward to a very cool show on
Saturday and looking forward to meeting a few of you. Take care and have a
good day! Later.

Sanders

"Ride to live. Relax and...um...biggie fry." - Ben Folds

***visit #BenFoldsFive home on the web at http://bffirc.home.pages.de***

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 12:22:34 -0500 (CDT)
From: Chris Larkin <clarkin@dante.creighton.edu>
Subject: Tour Date Question

Hey, everyone.

I was sick the last couple of weeks, so I wasn't reading my mail. When I
got back, I found about a hundred messages from the Armchair alone.

So, I'm thinking, "I'm not gonna read ALL of this." I was hopping to find
out how close the band is comming to Nebraska. I'm planing a summer BF5
caravan trip this summer with my friends, and I'll need to know where to
go. Chicago-Kansas City-Omaha area would be best, just in that little
triangle of cities.

With the assumption of Ben Folds Five:

1: Seven Mary Three
2: Weezer
3: Crystal Method
4: They Might Be Giants
5: Wyclef Jean

                \\|//
                (o o)            clarkin@dante.creighton.edu
- ------------oOOo-(_)-oOOo--------------------------------------------

   "I always send my best, 'cause God knows you've seen my worst."

				-"Fair", Ben Folds Five

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:27:29 EDT
From: Sentabmx <Sentabmx@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Meeting The Boys

Hey everyone! I was wondering how likely it would be that the band would hang
around after the show to, say, take some pictures with their devoted fans?? I
am going to the May 9th show at the Palladium and I REALLY want to meet them!
I went to one really small show at a restaurant in Burbank, CA, and we were
supposed to meet them afterwards, but the show ran over and they had to catch
a plane.  I was just wondering if they usually stuck around afterwards.
Thanks a bunch!!

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 14:05:39 -0400
From: Jason Karam <jsk2@acpub.duke.edu>
Subject: Duke show

The show last night was unbelievable! I am a sophomore here at Duke, and I
was in charge of hospitality for the band. I was kind of nervous before
meeting one of my favorite bands, and I was worried they wouldn't be as
cool backstage. However, the Five quickly put my doubts to rest. Darren was
the first in. Robert came in soon after his sound check. Ben came later, as
he had passed out earlier. At any rate, they are down-to-earth, nice guys
who have plenty of time for their fans. I also met their tour managers and
girlfriends back stage. Darren's girlfriend, Melantha, hung out with me for
a while too backstage. I felt bad because their "dressing rooms" were just
commons rooms in a dorm, but they seemed cool with it. Before the show,
they took time to sign autographs, and afterwards they didn't mind giving
up their time to meet a few fans and take some photos. In short, Ben,
Darren, Robert, and their entourage are truly a class act on and off stage.
But that's nothing you didn't already know. Keep it real,

Jay

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 18:07:31 EDT
From: Fantine222 <Fantine222@aol.com>
Subject: Media Appearances

Hey Everyone!

I have two questions:

1)  Anyone know when the WE&EA songbook is coming out?
2)  Does anyone know of a site or something with a list of BFF media
appearances?

One more thing, when you are talking about a radio station or something of the
like, can you PLEASE mention the city  you are talking about, otherwise it is
worthless!  Also, here, IN SEATTLE, the End plays SFTD with "bitch" intact and
only half of "fuck" bleeped out, not enough that you even have to think about
it to figure out what it is.

Au Revoir,

Cait

Date: Thu, 30 Apr 1998 15:09:26 PDT
From: "garrett weindorf" <garrett32@hotmail.com>
Subject: tickets?

would somebody please email me and let me know where to get tickets for
the austin and dallas shows?  Maybe a phone # or a url? thanks...

 garrett