Issue #1046 - June 6, 1998

Magical Armchair Digest    Saturday, June 6 1998    Volume 01 : Number 1046

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF! If you are having trouble, send mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

SCHOOL'S OUT FOR {SUMMER | EVER}!!
   If the above statement applies to you, be sure to unsubscribe from
the Armchair if you will not have access to your e-mail account over the
summer. Otherwise, your mailbox will fill up and the system administrator
at your school will be one angry dwarf...

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    I'll keep it short..but sweet
    :)  :)  :)  :)  Love Notes
    get ON with it!
    Jerry Springer, television god

Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 17:07:42 -0400
From: cherry@idirect.ca
Subject: I'll keep it short..but sweet

I agree with Suzanne.  I have only been on the armchair for about 3 weeks
and that doesn't make me any less of a fan than you long time subscribers.
Way to go Suzanne!

Corine, a HAT. That's tre funny. Even I know what the Bahagva Gita is.

The Toronto show was great,but it's too bad they didn't play Emaline.
I'm not gonna write the set list. Why do people wannt to know the set lists
anywayz? It boggles my mind.

Have a nice day/evening/night
Val

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 05 Jun 1998 16:18:41 -0500
From: rh@apci.net
Subject: :)  :)  :)  :)  Love Notes

Hey, having these "old geezer's", the one's I call GAGs (grand attitude
guys) return to the fold is fun and just to keep everybody happy there's
even BF5 content:

Marie:

>DO NOT respond further to the recent jerk invasion of this list.  The people posting are disgruntled people who left the list cause they got
too *cool* for it and started their own.
	Marie, I couldn't agree more except for the cool part... hardly my idea
of cool.  But I will follow your advice (I think) next time.

Matthew:

>my name is matthew.  yes, you might detect a chip on my shoulder.
	How amusing Matthew.  Is that a qualification to be an RF'er (Rockford
Files Freak)?  That would explain what happened to the chip between the
ears.

>i am not a fickle music listener, nor do i consider myself lacking in taste.
	Matthew, Matthew, Matthew... do you really think that anyone on the
Chair believes a guy who says something as self-congratulatory as "nor
do I consider myself lacking in taste".  Time will tell... and that will
be the time you're on the Chair THIS GO-AROUND.

>i believe i taste like fruit-stripe gum
	More amusement... perish the thought!  Let's see those colors would be
red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.  Lovely.

>i feel bf5's getting tired.  redundant, even.
	Surprise!  I agree with you about the tired part.  Redundant?  The only
thing redundant are those clone-posts by the RF'ers.  Shit, wouldn't you
be tired... oh, maybe not since some of the RF'ers are from another
universe.

Anne:

Just curious, girl, are you in a seminary?  Your writing is so, well,
gothic.

>a mass return of the old cutting crew.
	Here's a flash... you should have stuck to barbering

>you cast aspersions on me
	That's your interpretation... I meant to cast something with a little
more form to it... :)

>Which I find to be churlish...
	God, got to love your, aspiring command of the English language

Marcus:

>It's so funny that people don't know humor when they see it!  If you really looked up "annebling", you need to relax!
	Yeah man, I'm square like that.  If there's a word I'm not familiar
with I actually seek out the meaning... can you believe it?  What's the
matter with me?  You guys, though, with the "chips on your shoulders"
(Matthew's expression not mine) probably have immediate access to the
Oxford English Dictionary in digital form.

Erik (AKA da Deke):

>That Springer episode airs in conjunction with the release of Darren's solo percussion effort, "Bangin' On My Drums, Makin' Faces, and Callin' My Girlfriend."
	Well, I see not ALL of you GAGs/RF'ers are from another universe.
That's pretty transparent & sophomoric humor.  Oh, I forgot you're just
doing your public duty by amusing we MA cretins.

For the rest of the Chairs (that would be you):

Thanks for the many private posts with your thoughts and support.  I
think these GAGs are probably OK just got a little too full of
themselves.  They'll get over it esp. if we do what Marie suggests and
let 'em drift in their "own wind".  And like all of the rest of us they
just might have something worthwhile to contribute.  Peace...

More Wet Kisses,

Ray

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 14:52:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: Robyn Davidson <bad_sneakers@yahoo.com>
Subject: get ON with it!

I just wanted to ask, Where I can get an application to be a pompous,
self-important, my-shite-don't-stink fan?  Sounds pretty kickass to
me.

   I say if some people have anything to say that could make the
armchair more interesting then more power to them.  Who cares if they
left or are "too cool" to stay.  In my mind any fan of BFF is cool
with me, even more so if they have been fans for much longer than I
have, as they will have more stories or info to tell about. I wish all
this bickering would quit, as this sketch is getting quite silly.

    *And now for something completely different*

Here is the Bentent(if I may be so hip as to call it that).  The first
thing I wanted to say is that you all should breathe a collective
sigh, as a major crisis has been averted.  Earlier this week the
magazine to my cd player became jammed inside, holding hostage with it
Naked Baby Photos.  To make a long story short, the good news is the
knives worked, he only has to wear the bandage for 2 days, but most
importantly NBP is saved!

   The second thing is just a heart warming story of an experience I
had with my friends that revolves around Ben Folds Five.  So if you
don't care for heart warming stories, what the hell's wrong with you?

   Well today some friends and I decided to leave school and go get
some grub.  I am always the driver so they have been in the car for
the past months during my Ben Folds Five(the cd) phase.  As a matter
of fact I haven't heard the radio at all, so can someone please fill
me in on these 3 Hanson chicks I keep hearing about?  Anyway, we
always talk in the car so the volume of the music is down really low
all the time.  Well, at one red light the conversation lulled, and
"Underground" began. From the rear I hear one of my friends singing
along to the intro, then another, and another, till they were all
singing.  I was dumb struck as I couldn't believe they had been able
to hear it all this time, little own know the words. But, being the
weirdo I am, I cut it way up and began to sing myself.  We then
proceeded to dance and shake the car around, all the while singing in
our highest voices, and laughing at the stares we are getting.

   I know this sounds EXTREMELY corny, but to me this is what BFF is
about.  I love their music because it makes me feel good.  Who cares
how I discovered them or how long ago.  There is a common thread
between us, that we all share an (at times fanatical) love for the
rockinest band on the whole damn planet.
 Now everyone, stop fightin and let the lovin begin.

*Ahem*

i will go back to lurking now....

~Robyn Davidson

"My feet stink, and so does this post" -Darren (the big man himself)
Jessee

Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 17:59:40 EDT
From: Zyah@aol.com
Subject: Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #1042

- --The Texas Yankee--
Hey, I read Through The Tunnel this year, actually..we read it earlier this
year.  That's really weird that you said that.  You're right, Air seems really
similar to that story...you must have a really good memory, because I barely
remember it from 6 monthes ago. :)

Lauren

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 18:23:55 EDT
From: DDNGOSBT@aol.com
Subject: Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #1040

Hey all,
    Just wondering if anyone else caught this.  Last night on the MTV Movie
Awards, they played BFF twice!!!  I was so excited.  They Played the beginning
of One Angry Dwarf on one of the categories, and they played another song, I'm
not sure what it was, on the lifetime achievment award.  It was awesome!!!!
Later~

~Kristin
"Jane remember second grade?  Said you couldn't stand my face, rather than
kiss me, you say you'd rather die!" ~BFF-WAEA-One angry dwarf

Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 16:06:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: Robyn Davidson <bad_sneakers@yahoo.com>
Subject: Jerry Springer, television god

Oh, by the way, those of you who set your vcrs.  May god have mercy on
your souls.