Issue #1127 - July 20, 1998

Magical Armchair Digest     Monday, July 20 1998     Volume 01 : Number 1127

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF, OR BY REPLYING TO THIS MESSAGE! If you are having trouble, send
mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

   Whenever there is a problem with the list, please check the list archive
address on the web (http://oeonline.com/bff/list) for updates.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    [none]
    Re: COUNTING CROWS!!!
    SFTD

Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 11:50:19 PDT
From: "emily burningham" <em_pet@hotmail.com>
Subject: [none]

hey y'all

first, of course a fan club is a good idea - are you mad?
what could be  bad about uniting bff fans all over the world, including
those that don't have access to the internet...?
i'm from england too, therefore i apopreciate it even more  - i mena
everyone complaining asbout radio stations...at least they play bff and
not the same bloody songs in rotation with 5 nminute breaks for adverts
for bloody west country windows....aaargh! i can't stand it!

>Melissa (who is a big fan and has been to a couple of shows) thinks
that
the "stool toss" is:

	- "Not important to the climax of the song."
	- "Self-obsessed, exhibitionist action."
	- "Has nothing to do with the song and everything to do with Ben
	   Folds"
	- "Very disappointing move in such a great song."

	I guess she has a point when you stop and think about it.  What do
you guys think about it?  Does anyone know why he does it?

man, why does everyone have to analyse eveything?  ben does that for the
same reason robert does that thing with his giutar chord - because it
rocks and the crowd love it, and they're having a laugh...is that wrong?

>And em: Ether _are_ that bad. He sounds like the Chipmunks on helium.
And
the SFA's are madder and Welshier. If that's a word.

ahem! 1. there are plenty of bands that sound like they are on helium...
and cerys is madder and welshier again! so nananananahhh! and my nmate
saw the SFAs once and said they were crap. mind you she was a bit out of
it at the time :)
> And I'd rather have my
green jelly.

aargh! you're rod hull and i didn't notice......aaahhh, i have some
green jelly and you can't have any :)

gotta go guys..
love
em

ps i am w***ing as i write this

er, luke will understand that. i hope. :)

Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 12:01:08 PDT
From: "Ashley Hill" <hc_mercury@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: COUNTING CROWS!!!

my fav parts are:

"so believe in me, man i dont belive in anything, and i dont want to be
someone to believe, you should not believe in me"

and

"i wanna be bob dylan, mr jones wishes he was someone just a little more
funky,  well man when everybody loves you, well sometimes thats just
about as fucked up as you can be"

and yes this post isnt directed towards bff content, but i believe that
posts dont need to be only about bff, but they should be about the fans
as well, regardless if they are talking about cc or bff....well i put my
2 cents in

peace out
hcmercury

"i belong anywhere but inbetween"

Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 17:01:50 +0100
From: "Ryan Stephenson" <mf002@watford.net>
Subject: SFTD

Anyone in the Uk see the Chart Show this weekend?  It was pretty cool as
they showed the Song for the Dumped video for no good reason!  Apart from
the video being brilliant.  Very funny.  Don't think they have any time to
bring out more singles though, must need a holiday by now.  Looking forward
to the next album.

						Ryan