Issue #1158 - August 4, 1998

Magical Armchair Digest    Tuesday, August 4 1998    Volume 01 : Number 1158

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF, OR BY REPLYING TO THIS MESSAGE! If you are having trouble, send
mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

   Whenever there is a problem with the list, please check the list archive
address on the web (http://oeonline.com/bff/list) for updates.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    daily post
    sorry for 2
    uncle walter
    (No Subject)
    Back to you Tiramat...
    The fool who didnt know...
    Farewell, guys and gals.

Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 11:32:13 -0400
From: bf5 <bf5@SURRY.NET>
Subject: daily post

<<Also....was Robert the hamburger griller or Darren??>>

I thought it was Darren; I remember that Robert worked at the Record
Exchange in Greensboro, NC at one time.

whatever,
\ \/ /
~\/\/hitney  =o)

*i wanna be kate*

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 11:34:04 -0400
From: bf5 <bf5@SURRY.NET>
Subject: sorry for 2

WHO THE HELL COULD CALL ROBERT SLEDGE A GEEK?!?

anyway,
\ \/ /
~\/\/hitney  =o)

*i wanna be kate*

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 11:44:06 -0400
From: bf5 <bf5@SURRY.NET>
Subject: uncle walter

Uncle Walter is about a friends mother.  When Ben was 14 he had a band and
the other guys in the band were older than him.  So they would go off and
leave him at their house and his friends mother would corner him and tell
him what she thought about everything.  Alot of this stuff he wrote down.
Sadly, the lady is dead.  She was washing her hair in the sink, hit her head
on the faucit, passed out & drowned.

this was on a radio interview...possibly WNEW???

alright,

\ \/ /
~\/\/hitney  =o)

*i wanna be kate*

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 09:08:20 -0700
From: "Bill Minnick" <bill.minnick@mailcity.com>
Subject: (No Subject)

I have one copy of the original Jackson Cannery 45 that I may be willing to part with.  E-mail me privately if you're interested.

Now MailCity offers forwarding so you can check your MailCity messages and other e-mail all in one place.  Go to http://www.mailcity.com

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 14:33:37 EDT
From: LIBJAD43@aol.com
Subject: Back to you Tiramat...

<<<I can't believe your post.  You're referring to black people as if they're
seperate kind of creature... "I have a thing for black guys". Hah.  That's all
I have to say, sorry, had to get it out.>>>

I have curiosity ok? That alright with you. Im the least segregating person in
the world. It seems to me that BFF does not appeal to anyone other than white
people. I think that that sucks. I mean, I love Mase, Puffy, Usher and all r&b
so why shouldnt people of other races apreciate BFF. Not one person of a
different race was present at the concert. I feel like BFF should have more of
a diverse group of fans. Im sorry if I offended you by my question, i knew I
would offend somebody. . . Sorry though. I just had a curiosity and I thought
that what better place to find out then to post it. SORRY. But lets face it,
black and white are equal but not the exact same ok. But Im not going to get
into black and white issues right now, or ever, because first of all it doesnt
pertain to the armchair and I have no reason to explain myself. Sorry, again
to you and anyone else I may have offended. Later...
- -Libbie

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 14:38:34 EDT
From: LIBJAD43@aol.com
Subject: The fool who didnt know...

<<<<Okay, Im kind of confused is Bens middle name Folds and his last name
Five? I
didn't know, a friend and I were discussing it and just wondered.

P.S. Is Brick about an abortion?>>>>

Now I bet there will be a lot of responces to that one...why would you be on
the armchair if you were ignorant to such simple things. I dont mean to mock
but PULEASE!...Ben's name is Ben Folds..He said Five sounded better than three
and it does. at least he said thats why in an interview. . . But anyway, come
on. Do some reseach.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 20:04:44 +0100
From: paul.leung@virgin.net (paul.leung@virgin.net)
Subject: Farewell, guys and gals.

Just realised that I wasn't reading the MA's anymore, just downloading
them so that i could claim myself to be a fan. Read a couple just now,
and realised that it's just clogging up my mailbox: the same threads and
arguments are going on now as they were a year ago-the list hasn't
progressed. Maybe it's because of the lack of input from the
band-they've been long due a proper album, I think, and it doesn't look
like we're gonna get one this side of Christmas, the solo effort being
next up. If it's anything like Barry Black, I'm outta here-BB is Weird.
I just picked it up in an 'alternative' record store...
I'd just like to thank Frank for doing such a great job and introducing
to me to so many more people, i've got loads of people I write to
regularly now, and I think that regardless of however many 14 year old
debates and Brick interpretations, what Frank has done here is worthy of
more than just a mention in the inlay of Whatever and Ever Amen. Thank
you Frank.
Seeya guys, I'll be on when London gigs come up...
Anthony