Issue #1378 - February 1, 1999

Magical Armchair Digest   Monday, February 1 1999   Volume 01 : Number 1378

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF, OR BY REPLYING TO THIS MESSAGE! If you are having trouble, send
mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

   Whenever there is a problem with the list, please check the list archive
address on the web (http://oeonline.com/bff/list) for updates.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    looking for BFF info?
    200 unhappy dwarfs
    Chantal??
    New Radicals and my having isnt bliss
    Conan Rocks
    Conan

Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 20:46:13 -0500 (EST)
From: Ginger Nance <gnance@email.unc.edu>
Subject: looking for BFF info?

The recent crop of BFF-related questions makes me think it's time to post
the following URL:  http://www.benfoldsfive.org/faq which leads to the Ben
Folds Five Frequently Asked Questions.  For the most recent version, which
will soon be added to the above URL, you can go to http://www.dejanews.com
and do a search for alt.music.ben-folds-five.  Kathryn
(hndofchaos@aol.com) just posted the 1.20.99 version there.

Ginger :)

Ginger Nance
gnance@email.unc.edu
http://www.unc.edu/~gnance

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 02:01:08 GMT
From: "tavia -" <taves@hotmail.com>
Subject: 200 unhappy dwarfs

200 unhappy dwarfs is what you people seem like on occasions.

finally got through all those ma's that had piled up.

great list of quotes leigh and co.

the oz guy who offered to do printing in Oz- you are loved. love this
person, people.

don, great page you've set up man.

PEOPLE! LOOK AT THIS MAN'S VOTING PAGE!

it is very easy and so few people have voted. If we have a thousand
people on this list why have under 100 voted?

maybe we need more time to vote since I know I only get to my email once
a week, and others are prolly the same.

SIZES! please have different sizes. I want to look pretty at bff
concerts!

actually it's a pity 'your my hero i confess' isnt one the quotes, but
then it's really been narrowed down to about four contenders all of
which are ok.

enuf with the shirt talk.

let's talk about ME!

my job is starting well (havent been paid yet...) and I've managed to go
on two school camps in one week. one for the gr 8s and one for music-
somehow I managed to get some great 8 music classes, which is funny
considering that i cant even play brick fully yet. but I get to learn to
play the drums!

and all the kids keep thinking I'm a student not a teacher, it's getting
quite scary how often it happens. at least I havent caught the 'teacher
look' yet!

julia! ring me! I lost your phone number! I loved the tapes you lent
me!:
D: "he's too OLD! His soul's no good!"
R: "Damn Darren I'm inspired. I think I wanna dance now..."

that is funny funny funny

much funnier than yard sale although actually that made me laugh too. It
was such a underplayed putdown. v. cool ben.

I get internet access for free at school. is my life not good!

I get to move into inner city Brisbane around easter! next time bff come
to town they can stay at my place ! ha! as if!   well brissie pals o
mine are welcome...

is not my happiness contagious?
here, have some happiness!

love
taves

'you're my hero I confess'

Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 18:12:08 -0800 (PST)
From: Jodie Poole <jodiepoole@yahoo.com>
Subject: Chantal??

Hi everyone,
  I'm looking for a Chantal from Australia, who was going to send me
some sheet music?  If you're still out there, can you please e-mail
me.

Thanks heaps,
Jodie
==
         _--_|\
        /      \
Perth=> *_.--._/

Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 23:53:35 EST
From: NEWR0CK@aol.com
Subject: New Radicals and my having isnt bliss

In a message dated 1/30/99 10:21:33 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-
armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl writes:

> Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 20:17:05 EST
>  From: Snlpiscopo@aol.com
>  Subject: New CD
>
>  When FOP was coming out, some people got it before it was released, how do
> you
>  do that? Plus someone had as the quote at the end of their post "Having
isn'
>  bliss,sunshine is amiss".......He says HEAVEN isn't bliss.

well there my good man if you go to www.benfoldsfive.org you will find out
that
according to them it is "having isnt bliss,sunshine is amiss"

also thank you guys so much for the recomendation of the New Radicals i got
there
cd today and it is amazing my favorite song is I hope i didnt just give away
the ending and I dont wanna die anymore

thank y'aal so much

having isnt bliss sunshine is amiss

mike

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 00:16:20 EST
From: NEWR0CK@aol.com
Subject: Conan Rocks

hola my friends,

ok Conan r-o-k-s as my friends on the guster list would say.
anyway Conan is never bad i stay up till 12:50 every night to
see the mono and the opening skit.also for he did talk to them like
it was shatners band but you gotta remember bens been on the show
about 6 times ok maybe not that much but they are always on when theres a
new single.anyway Conan might seem like a dork maybe thats cause he is
he did go to Harvard Andy and Max are just funny as hell i love Max and Andy

ok Conan is irish catholic and from new englan like me and hat just
makes him even cooler considerign there are no irish people that are famous
probably because we have red hair and big heads but it doesnt matter Conan
roks and is definately the funniest on TV so lets just remember that plus he
has given BFF alot of chances to get big i remember them playing undeground on
it

"having isnt bliss sunshine is amiss"

mike

PS:new radicals is so amazing

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 01:10:47 PST
From: "Heather Kniert" <hkniert@hotmail.com>
Subject: Conan

I see I've sparked some reactions from some of you regarding my "review"
of FOP's performance on Conan.  The performance itself was awesome, and
Ben and Shatner and all the other musicians were incredible.  What I was
reacting to was that Conan really made it seem like he was more
interested in Shatner than BFF especially after everyone had made such a
big deal about Ben Folds and FOP being on Conan.  Having never seen Ben
Folds on tv or anything like that I was sorta hoping for MORE than we
got.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned...  like other peoples' clothes to actually
COVER their bodies (Carmen Electra) and I enjoy some substance to what I
watch.  I did not see much on Conan.  I'm not dissing any one of you by
expressing this opinion, nor am I making any inferrences as to what you
should or should not enjoy.  I just thought that Conan could've spent
less time oogling Carmen and talking on the phone to whoever that was,
and more with Ben.

I guess you could say I've learned a lesson here...  tv is just not for
me.  Next time I'll learn how to program the VCR and then watch it
later, so I can fast-forward thru the stuff I'm not interested in.

Please send your hate mail to me, not the armchair.  But remember that I
stand by my opinion...  I do, however, offer apologies to anyone who's
feelings I may have stepped on.

Living in the West Coast land where no one has heard of BFF....

~Heather