Issue #1379 - February 1, 1999

Magical Armchair Digest   Monday, February 1 1999   Volume 01 : Number 1379

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF, OR BY REPLYING TO THIS MESSAGE! If you are having trouble, send
mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

   Whenever there is a problem with the list, please check the list archive
address on the web (http://oeonline.com/bff/list) for updates.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    Just a dumb story
    Those waging the battle for conan
    conan, ben
    bff website + important remark

Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 08:42:45, -0500
From: JRNW69D@prodigy.com (MISS ELIZABETH A PENN)
Subject: Just a dumb story

Scroll if you want, but I thought this was kind of funny.

I was expecting a Ben Folds Five promo photo to come in the mail that
I had won from eBay.  So I saw a photo mailer come addressed to me
and I knew what it was.  On the bottom of the mailer it said "Do not
bend of fold."  I'm sure you can guess what I was thinking, sounds
like Ben Folds.  Maybe it was because I was already in that frame of
mind knowing what was in the mailer, but my boyfriend and sister also
noticed it when they saw it and thought it was funny too.  Sorry to
waste your time.

Liz

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 11:20:56 EST
From: Cleonsdwn@aol.com
Subject: Those waging the battle for conan

hi ben-ers
(hahaha, kinda like boners, aren't I funny)

anyways, all out there who watch conan, I completely agree. He consistently
has the funniest show in late night television, plus the best musical guests.
I mean, the guy has had Girls VS Boys on there twice for got sakes. Plus, he
has max weinberg leading his band. Max Weinberg was part of the E Street Band
of Bruce Springsteen fame... He is a legend. Those of you out there bashing
Conan, take an hour and watch an entire show, your opinion will be swayed...

hugs & kisses,
nate

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 21:55:19 -0500
From: joe s schanderson <schander@juno.com>
Subject: conan, ben

If you haven't done so in awhile I suggest you dig out the self titled OR
whatever and listen to it, start to finish. I did it and am now going on
a lovely "second wind" of bf5.

Conan. He's done and written funny stuff in the past and I love the
musical guests his show has but I RARELY find him to be funny. Andy's
funny more often than Conan. As someone who makes their living doing
comedy I too find it hard to believe that Conan has lasted this long and
actually has a following.

Different strokes........

mich joe

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 19:45:46 +0100
From: "F.M.A.J. van der Linden" <flinde01@nkm01.regiolicht.nl>
Subject: bff website + important remark

Hi everyone , a week ago or so I posted a message about my new bff-page,
but the server it was on
kind of evaporated.. you see

So now it's on a brand new server AND WITH THE MOST FUCKING BEST
JAVA-APPLET
(homemade) on earth.. you see

So go to            http://welcome.to/earth             and find out.
New groovy radical mp3 too.
I repeat             http://welcome.to/earth             just so you
won't miss it.

Oh yeah, the remark, well here it is:

If you post a message to the armchair, don't ever reply or whatever shit
just send it to
armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl otherwise the subject will be like "Re:
Magical Armchair Digest V1
#1374" and that really doesn't get anyone any further with that,
understood? Thanx.

I repeat             http://welcome.to/earth             just so you
won't miss it.

from
Neilz (niels@benfoldsfive.org)

"Not very much smart people actually are happy, not much stupid ones
either..." - someone.