Issue #1387 - February 3, 1999

Magical Armchair Digest  Wednesday, February 3 1999  Volume 01 : Number 1387

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF, OR BY REPLYING TO THIS MESSAGE! If you are having trouble, send
mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

   Whenever there is a problem with the list, please check the list archive
address on the web (http://oeonline.com/bff/list) for updates.

    [none]

Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:04:42 EST
From: Kman8888@aol.com
Subject: Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #1385

This is in response to the mail about "ripping off the band" by buying CDRs
from other fans.  Well I just thought it should be stated that the fans that
offer the CDRs for the most part only charge enough to cover shipping and the
cost of the CD itself. if i ever discovered that a person was offering a CD
for mere profit i would send a mail to you all and report it. As for the guy
selling "the beginnings", he is only asking for enough money to cover shipping
and the cost of the CDR. (he is making no profit)

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 16:36:38 PST
From: "Hilton Page" <hiltonpage@hotmail.com>
Subject: [none]

Hi all,

Just finished going through backed-up MA's and here's just a few things
I wanted to say.

Kathryn, Thanks for putting the link to "Sights of Chapel Hill". For me
being in Australia, it was great to get a glimpse of some BFF landmarks,
now whenever I hear them mentioned in the songs I can get a mental pic
of what it must be like.

Lindsay, You are great for actually putting that page together, feel
good in knowing you have made one (probably 1000's) person have a great
day.

Daniel, I was a little disappointed that SFTD was not higher than Brick,
but it was great that the boys had two songs in the Hottest 100. I was
also excited to see Ben Lee get #2 with Cigarettes Will Kill You,
Although I haven't heard the album yet, that song kicks major ass. There
is also a great 4 page interview with Ben Lee in the latest JUICE mag.

Whoever posted an explanation (sorry I didn't catch your name, but you
know who you are)of the "Yard Sale" comment, thanks. I don't get Conan
(by the reaction I'm probably lucky I don't get it), so when everyone on
the 'Chair kept referring to it I had no idea what they were on about.

Melissa, the idea of the pictures with the addition symbols sounded
good, the only problem being that it's the "Magical Armchair" not
"Musical Armchair".

And finally, would the person sending chain mail please stop. Don't you
know that the whole idea was invented by the postal service as a scheme
to get more people to send mail, and therefore increase sales.
Get a life, how can luck be determined by how many letters we give or
receive?

There, I've finished now.
Have a great "99"
For this year WILL be MINE!

To the day when we'll live in a video
I'll be stone-faced and pale
You'll pout in stereo
24 hours every day of the year
Oh, what fun I can't wait 'til the future gets here.
- -Ben Folds Five-