Issue #1400 - February 13, 1999

Magical Armchair Digest  Saturday, February 13 1999  Volume 01 : Number 1400

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF, OR BY REPLYING TO THIS MESSAGE! If you are having trouble, send
mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

   Whenever there is a problem with the list, please check the list archive
address on the web (http://oeonline.com/bff/list) for updates.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    Amherst Show
    eeeeaaaaaahhgh. yuck
    NESCACers on Armchair???
    tour dates
    CD Prices...
    The Beg., can we be happy? question
    toxic popsicle (again: sorry)
    Songbooks in Australia(well, Melbourne)
    THANK YOU!

Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 20:01:54 -0500
From: Lawrence Tong <ltong@foodsci.umass.edu>
Subject: Amherst Show

Anybody out there know when tickets to the Amherst show go on sale?  Saw
the gang at Pearl Street last year and they were incredible.  Email me
privately.

Bear

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 19:33:46 PST
From: "AnnieSue Grad" <littlemeggiry@hotmail.com>
Subject: eeeeaaaaaahhgh. yuck

Yeah, I know I rarely write. I'm just kind of an observer. But I keep
OBSERVING these friggin' adVERtisEMENts. ummmm, ANNOYING? I really don't
want a book on anarchy, I don't want to learn how to start my own
internet business, I just want to hear about Ben Folds Five, other
related subjects, and the opinions and thoughts of other Ben Folds
junkies. I dunno. I'm not meaning to offend anyone, but I just don't
think I can take it anymore.
rrg.
Annie

Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 23:24:54 -0500
From: Tito <jjackson@hamilton.edu>
Subject: NESCACers on Armchair???

Hey all!
This isn't really Bentent, but the show scheduled for Amherst and Bowdoin
made me wonder how many people from NESCAC schools there are on the
Armchair?????  So if you are from Amherst, Bates, Bowdoin, Conn College,
Colby, Hamilton, Middlebury, Trinity, Tufts, Wesleyan, or Williams drop me
a line (on private e-mail, I'm sure most people out there don't care) and I
will put together a little directory or something if popular demand calls
for it....

- -JJ

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 23:44:26 EST
From: Paul1681@aol.com
Subject: tour dates

ugh...what luck!  i live in boston and the tour dates for the new england area
happen to be during the time that i'll be in europe on my senior trip...oh,
man...i'm a bff show virgin and i don't want to travel for miles to get my ben
fix...does anyone have any insight for me or encouraging words?  please?

paul

"i could take a train and fly away"
ben

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 22:39:02 PST
From: "Heather Kniert" <hkniert@hotmail.com>
Subject: CD Prices...

Here in Canada I pay about $27.35 for a Ben Folds Five CD.  It's highway
robbery, I tell you...  MAN, you Americans have it lucky!

~Heather

Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 02:04:49 -0500
From: Lauren <choplin@bellatlantic.net>
Subject: The Beg., can we be happy? question

Maybe I'll make one comment on this whole thing, if everyone promises
not to yell at me or something. Some people have a tendency to do that.

If you feel morally/financially "right" by buying the Beginnings for the
designated price, then buy it.  If you think it's wrong, don't buy it.
You can't stop its creation and utilization entirely; it will always
happen in one form or another.  Just know, as others have said quite
well, that there's other ways to get rare stuff.  (Hey, I'd spread the
love if I had any rare stuff to pass around, but I don't).

I guess it's not my place to say this, but please stop being rude to
other people on this list.  While it may seem like you're writing those
angry lines to some computer screen, it's actually a person behind it
(imagine that!). Let's take the words of wisdom seriously, "we can be
happy..."

Now I have a question.  It may have been discussed before, but that's
before I was here.  The song "Smoke" - is it about a specific
thing/event?  It could be attributed to many situations in history (I'll
specify if you'd like), so I was wondering.

Thanks.
Lauren
http://fly.to/exit-magazine

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 02:15:56 PST
From: "Alice Childress" <jbpastie2@hotmail.com>
Subject: toxic popsicle (again: sorry)

hello! i know i've asked this before
but i didn't get any replies, but i
know that some people out there must
have info. anything. like did they
make any albums, does anyone have one,
so i can trade tapes for a tape? i
really wanna hear some MoRe ToXiC
PoPsIcLe. in my room is top stuff.
love the steel drums. please email
me if you know anything at all.
thanx very much!!!

Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 04:02:03 -0800 (PST)
From: Aimee <oogada_boogada@yahoo.com>
Subject: Songbooks in Australia(well, Melbourne)

Hey all you aussies!!!
 I went to Allans Music in the City in Melbourne, Australia, and  they
are getting Naked Baby Photos and Whatever and Ever Amen at the end of
this month, Feb!!!
Yay.

Aimee

Oh, they're gonna cost about $50 each, so start saving if you are
jobless like me.

Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 13:54:39 PST
From: "B. C." <emaline3@hotmail.com>
Subject: THANK YOU!

Just a short note to say a HUGE thanks to everyone who e-mailed me about
that song... thank you thank you thank you...
Now to see if I can organize something in the next 2 days before I
leave.  Thanks again all

Becca