Issue #1403 - February 15, 1999

Magical Armchair Digest   Monday, February 15 1999   Volume 01 : Number 1403

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF, OR BY REPLYING TO THIS MESSAGE! If you are having trouble, send
mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

   Whenever there is a problem with the list, please check the list archive
address on the web (http://oeonline.com/bff/list) for updates.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    Start scrolling now...
    Toxic Popsicle
    my webpage
    Recording Studio '99
    How retared
    a few new pictures

Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 22:51:44 -0800
From: Clare <oakes@box.net.au>
Subject: Start scrolling now...

> Here in Canada I pay about $27.35 for a Ben Folds Five CD.  It's
> highway robbery, I tell you...  MAN, you Americans have it lucky!

I can beat that... here in Australia we pay $31.95 when they've just
been released.
Someone was mentioning about how aussies say 'ice block' instead of
'popsicle'. Not that anyone cares, but I say 'icy pole'. :)
You are all much wiser for having read that. Oh yeah, someone said
something about a picture of Ben and Will Shattner in Rolling Stone or
Juice, can't remember which. Was it the australian or american one?
				Clare
				 Co:
- --
Everyone gather round now...               ...Clare's BEN FOLDS FIVE Page
Co:           http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Vine/3381          Co:

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 21:15:06 EST
From: Keyserdan1@aol.com
Subject: Toxic Popsicle

you'll be hard pressed to find more stuff by them because Robert is doing
everything in his power to keep it away from the public. He wrote all the
stuff on it and in my opionion...Some of it's pretty damn solid. But to quote
the man: "It's not exactly something I wanna be remembered by". I spoke to him
about this around 2 months ago and he seemed pretty freaked out that his
material was getting out there. (Hi, Hauer)
Your best shot is people who have The Beginnings. (Sorry to have even
mentioned that) or Greg. (Meandmrray@aol) He's got a tape of there's.

- -me

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 19:36:22 PST
From: "Crystal Cooper" <crystal_bf5@hotmail.com>
Subject: my webpage

hi everyone
i finally finished my webpage, and here it is:

Coming up for air: Crystal's Ben Folds Five page
- --http://members.xoom.com/DrPyser265/bf5/

please go there. there's actually not a counter there yet, so hold off a
little while and then go there. i like to see numbers on the counter...
and if anyone has a problem with the name, like there's another site
called 'coming up for air', e-mail me and i'll change it.

oh yeah. any people in brisbane want to go and see the whitlams?? cause
they're playing at the QUT disoreintation concert on march 13th. tickets
are $15 for under 18's and $30 for over 18's. e-mail me if you're going,
maybe we can get together, cause i'm stuck going either alone or
dragging along my gothic sister...

Crystal

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"make a hole with a gun perpendicular
 to the name of this town in a desktop globe"
 --> "Ana Ng", They Might Be Giants

Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 23:04:45 -0800
From: slingerland96@juno.com
Subject: Recording Studio '99

	Hey guys, check out the official site: http://www.bffweb.com there is
this section called "Recording Studio '99" & so far it has pictures of
the band in the studio, hopefully there will be more stuff! Hopefully a
title to the new album!!

··> Bobby
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 10:10:47 EST
From: Snlpiscopo@aol.com
Subject: How retared

How retarded can you be to copy TWO magical armchairs into your post.

Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 17:56:11 -0600
From: Vamprrella <vamprrella@ameritech.net>
Subject: a few new pictures

from the official site.  looky here: