Issue #1405 - February 17, 1999

Magical Armchair Digest Wednesday, February 17 1999 Volume 01 : Number 1405

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF, OR BY REPLYING TO THIS MESSAGE! If you are having trouble, send
mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

   Whenever there is a problem with the list, please check the list archive
address on the web (http://oeonline.com/bff/list) for updates.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    new release!
    TOXIC POPSICLE
    Videos
    More tour dates
    OZ
    bhagavad gita
    benfoldsfive.org
    Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #1404
    $$$$$$$$
    former bands

Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 22:45:19 EST
From: Emaline555@aol.com
Subject: new release!

That's it folks. All the waiting is over.  The album of the year is finally
here!

That's right, my life is more complete now that New Kids on the Block:
Greatest Hits will be released on Feb 16. I can die happily now.  (i admit, i
liked them way back when. i still have two t-shirts, but i lost my trading
cards.)

Seriously, is releasing a NKOTB greatest hits album in 1999 a joke? Oh wait, i
get it...they're probably just trying to revive the old-school boy-band image
in the midst of all the Backstreet Boys/N Sync crazes of today. Well, good
luck with that.

Bentent: Ben Folds Five is a boy band.       :)

Also, i'm really interested in knowing if the announced show dates are for
students only...i'm sure you'll post it if you know.  That would rock if they
played somewhere close to me on 4/21, my birthday.  We can hope.

Happy (late) Valentine's Day to all...will you be mine?

Have a stellar day,
Emily

"Daaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmnnn that girl was fine." - Dave Matthews (he was talking
about me, right)

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:58:45 PST
From: "Heather Kniert" <hkniert@hotmail.com>
Subject: TOXIC POPSICLE

ANYONE INTERESTED IN THE TWO TOXIC POPSICLE SONGS FROM THE BEGINNING'S
CDS LET ME KNOW.... EMAIL ME PRIVATELY.

~HEATHER

Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 22:17:06 -0500 (CDT)
From: Joe Kreidel <z_kreidelrj@TITAN.SFASU.EDU>
Subject: Videos

Does anyone know what the band plans to do with the band film footage they
were asking for on the BFFWEB site? I assume they will be compiling the
videos, but does anyone have any details, like is it just for the bands
amusement, or do they plan on releasing it?

Patiently waiting for BFF Texas tour stops...... (we get REM in August!)

JoeyK

"Got a girl she's long and tall,
 Sleeps in the kitchen but her feets in the hall...."

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 11:33:28 -0500 (EST)
From: Frank Maynard <maynard@oeonline.com>
Subject: More tour dates

These just announced today:

     April 23: Washington, DC - American University (Bender Arena) -
Students Only
     April 24: University Park, PA - Penn State University (Pollock
Fields) - Students Only
     April 25 - Springfield, Mass. - Springfield College (Blake Arena Gym)
- - Students Only
     April 25 - Kingston, RI - University of Rhode Island

 -fjm
                  You painted me into what you wanted to see

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:00:55 EST
From: Snlpiscopo@aol.com
Subject: OZ

I've been seeing the word oz for a long time on the armchair, and have no idea
what it means, can somebody help me?

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 14:34:52 EST
From: BenF0lds05@aol.com
Subject: bhagavad gita

"down by rosemary and cameron.."

just to stir up an old topic, i found this funky hindu-ISH-like page with a
picture captioned "Lord Krishna instructing Bhagavad-Gita to Arjuna." (its the
picture under the elephant, ganesha.)

its a page full of all kinds of weird yoga type shit:
http://www.geocities.com/RodeoDrive/1415/index.html

                      ---dAn---

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 15:23:08 EST
From: Snlpiscopo@aol.com
Subject: benfoldsfive.org

Everytime I go to www.benfoldsfive.org it says Unknown Host......could this be
why he isn't emailing anyone, because that's the server his email is on.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:11:16 -0500
From: stp1237@home.com
Subject: Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #1404

> russell man, we are not cheap people
> do you have any idea how much we ozzers pay for cd's, any cds?!
> $30 generally. but I would pay more than that for bff
>
> indginant taves

$30 is outrageous...I was talking about the people that complained about
paying $10 for a DOUBLE BFF cd.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:11:24 -0500
From: stp1237@home.com
Subject: $$$$$$$$

Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 18:08:25 EST
From: Vwbugn5890@aol.com
Subject: former bands

i haven't posted in a long time, but that's alright...just wondering about
bff's former bands

i already know about majosha, got a tape of that.  ben also had a band called
pots and pans which i beleive eddie walker was also in.  anyone know if any of
their stuff is floating around? also armageddon.  much like paul, i was also
wondering what happened to their stuff and why no one has it.  maybe they
didn't release anything? well...let me know if you all find anything.

shan
"Don't try to take me down cause you know I won't go, I don't give a damn
about it anymore" ~ Jump, Little Children