Issue #1412 - February 23, 1999

Magical Armchair Digest   Monday, February 22 1999   Volume 01 : Number 1412

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF, OR BY REPLYING TO THIS MESSAGE! If you are having trouble, send
mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

   Whenever there is a problem with the list, please check the list archive
address on the web (http://oeonline.com/bff/list) for updates.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    I Thought About The Army
    Whatever happened to....
    Cover Album??
    Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #1411
    TUBORM?

Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 21:27:42 EST
From: Snlpiscopo@aol.com
Subject: I Thought About The Army

Is "I Thought About The Army" going to be some kind of a sequel to "Kate"?

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 01:06:59 EST
From: Sarah85520@aol.com
Subject: Whatever happened to....

Silly me, but I actually miss all those posts about the whole Tshirt ramble.
Seriously, is it just me, or has the whole discussion fizzled out?? I mean, if
these things are going to happen, don't we need to get the ball rollin' before
the anticipated tour??
This morning, while getting ready for work at 7:30am, I had on the radio and
sheer excitement hit me. I heard the dj say that Ben Folds Five was comming up
next. I'm sitting there putting on my mascara thinking, Maybe its their new
single, ARMY?? Nah, way too soon for that... SFTD???? No, the stations too
'easy listening.' Hmm, all of asudden the familar chords of Brick came on and
it brought a smile to my face. :)  I'm not the biggest fan of Brick, quite
frankly, I never did like it, but it was really nice to hear BFF on the radio
again. I haven't heard anything since I heard In Love on the radio, so this
was nice. Guess you gotta be listening at the butt crack of dawn to hear them
in Chicago, but I guess its worth it....  :)
       Sarah

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 01:04:44 -0500
From: "Bill Laughner" <laughner@netwalk.com>
Subject: Cover Album??

I hope you realize how much of an ass you have made yourself out to be =
on the Armchair. Did you put any thought into your post?
=20
go to any number of music sites and put in any of the titles of the =
songs on the bew Ben Folds Five albums. Do you really lack so much =
respect for a favorite band of yours to think they would put out a cover =
album of songs by modern artists? come on. Use your head
=20
according to Music Boulevard:

The Title 'Narcolepsy' has also been used by:
=20
The Cunninghams
Mudkids
Earl, Ronnie & Broadcasters
and
Third Eye Blind
=20
The Title 'Don't Change' has also been used by:
=20
Kut Klose
INXS
and
Hall & Oates
=20
DO I really have to go on?? We all appreciate your "musical knowledge" =
of bands and titles of there songs but i think your brain was in =
overdrive...or more possibly reverse or neutral? take your choice.
=20
oh by the way...the Shawn Mullins song is "Rockabye".
=20
||SKePTiC||

[THis is for all the people that didn't realize the the joke of =
continuing commentary]
[I cant wait to see how many people respond like this...laughing out =
loud]

Bill Laughner

Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 18:23:33 -0500
From: stp1237@home.com
Subject: Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #1411

All this talk about TUBORM.  I don't like the way it sounds.
Personally, I like TUB...it's just shorter and sounds better.

- -Russell

Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 23:51:18 EST
From: Lennonita@aol.com
Subject: TUBORM?

In a message dated 2/20/99 6:58:30 PM Pacific Standard Time, owner-
armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl writes:

<< Hey- it's acronym time. Now we have BFF or S/T, WEAEA, NBP and TUBORM!
 TUBORM! TUBORM! I said it first! >>

Tubeworm! Finally-- an acronym that can be bastardized into an actual word!

Megan