Issue #1421 - March 1, 1999

Magical Armchair Digest     Monday, March 1 1999     Volume 01 : Number 1421

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF, OR BY REPLYING TO THIS MESSAGE! If you are having trouble, send
mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

   Whenever there is a problem with the list, please check the list archive
address on the web (http://oeonline.com/bff/list) for updates.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    Toronto? Thanks, but it's not enough
    re: TLA shows
    Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #1419
    the Mindboggling Mystery of the Missing Magical armchairs...
    new tour dates
    Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #1420
    Penn State show
    jane
    Chicago
    show help

Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 19:28:06 PST
From: "Valerie /" <charzi@hotmail.com>
Subject: Toronto? Thanks, but it's not enough

Hi, Fivers.
  Blessings to Ralph for giving me word on the Toronto show 5/5/99 (and
at the cavernous sound-sucking Guvernment - the intimacy continues to
dwindle).  I checked the site, and for those near me who haven't, a
reminder that the tix are supposed to go on sale March 8th.  Yee-hee!
  But when I said I wanted more shows in Canada ("DAMMIT"), I didn't
mean just Toronto.  They've got the playing-Toronto thing down pat.  I
was speaking not just for myself, but for ALL the BFF fans in what CEC
doesn't seem to get is a great big country.  What about Vancouver?  What
about Montreal?  These are the other beeeg world-class-type cities. They
could at least cover *them*! And what about Halifax - hell, it's on
their way to England anyway?!  And God forbid they get extended to
Winnipeg and Edmonton (okay, Calgary: maybe you too) and Ottawa. They
all have media and clubs and arenas and hotels and everything. I just
think if they could play every other bloody college town in the
northeast U.S. (and I'm not saying they shouldn't - God love ya, kids)
and pretty much every major place in England and Australia, it couldn't
be such a huge struggle to play at least THREE cities in all of Canada!
I realise this is just the first batch of many many tour dates.  That's
part of why I'm pitching a fit, so someone will keep this in mind in the
future.
  Still, I'm giddy that I'm living in Toronto to get at that Guvernment
show, and thanks for that.  BUT....

Peace,
(and on this list, that's an ambitious wish)
Valerie

Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 22:40:22 EST
From: DrummerAR@aol.com
Subject: re: TLA shows

<<<<<Does anyone know ticket info for the tla or irving plaza shows???? Please
post asap if anyone has any information
Eric>>>>>

	Yes Eric, according to the official site, tickets go on sale next saturday,
the 6th, for the TLA shows.  I called the theater and the confirmed.  They
don't know yet about the ticket prices.  I'll be waiting there when they open
on Saturday alright.

	Adam "The Armchairite who doesn't bitch" Robinson

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 22:49:05 EST
From: DrummerAR@aol.com
Subject: Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #1419

In a message dated 2/27/99 10:33:35 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-

<< Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 03:00:29 EST
 From: GTIbean@aol.com
 Subject: now people. . .

 i like ben folds five

 i like to listen to them
 it's good stuff
 yea..i'm a post-brick fan, but i live in iowa, how else would i hear about
 them?
 i own all of their cds and consider them to be my favorite band
 i try to "spread the sunshine" and have gotten others hooked too
 i'm not their biggest fan, i don't worship them as god or travel the country
 to see live shows
 instead i listen to their music and it moves me, it makes me think
 their music reminds me of some of the best times i've ever had
 i'm just a "little" kid though, a mere 17 years that i've been around

 i like ben folds five. . . is that okay with you?

 i have every characteristic of someone who is "evil" (except the bandwagon
 thing, not many people dig BFF around here) but there is no way you can't
call
 me a true fan of the band, any of my friends will tell you that ben folds
five
 is like crack for me, let's get over this entire i'm a better fan than you
are
 battle, it was funny at first but it's a little old now

 ben >>

	I couldn't agree with you more.  That pretty characterizes what kind of fan I
am, except I'm a mere 14 years of age.  I got into band after Brick, but not
because of Brick; because someone at my bunk in camp kept playing it, and I
dug it.  I got WAEA when I got home from camp, bought the other two in
September.  I love the band.  They make beautiful music; it gives me joy.  I
haven't been to one of their shows before, but I'm going to the one around
here (Philly) when they come.  Why are some people so obnoxious?

		Adam "The Armchairite that doesn't bitch" Robinson

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 01:36:05 -0800
From: Clare <oakes@box.net.au>
Subject: the Mindboggling Mystery of the Missing Magical armchairs...

Did anyone else besides Amy and me *not* recieve one or both of MA #1411
or #1412? Could some kind person please fwd one of us a copy of #1411?
Thanks!
       -Clare
	 Co:
			    So close your eyes
			 And watch me become more
						 -Ben Lee
- --
Everyone gather round now...               ...Clare's BEN FOLDS FIVE Page
Co:           http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Vine/3381          Co:

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 23:23:48 -0500
From: stp1237@home.com
Subject: new tour dates

Holy cow....there are a lot of new tour dates posted.  NY shows too.
SUUUUUUUUUUUUWEET.

- -Russell

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 20:35:08 PST
From: "Nicholas Kirby" <childrenodamind@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #1420

no question Ben is a genius, chord structure, intelligent lryics. but
give me a break just b/c he wrote it you like it? ill tell you one thing
if i was a big music star id hope that people like my music each for
face value, not for some a idol worshipping purpose. and dont forget,
"Brick" WAS over played, and i dont see any reason why i should forgive
it just yet...hehe...tchues
NICHOLAS

Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 00:15:46 EST
From: Fretbored7@aol.com
Subject: Penn State show

This is a response I got from the organizer of the Penn State show.

>Ben Folds Five is the headliner for our annual Movin' On
festival.  Movin' On is on April 24 on Pollock Fields.  (If you don't know
campus, there's a map at http://www.clubs.psu.edu/arhs/map.htm )  The
festival is all day, from noon until around 10 PM.  And Ben Folds Five will
be the last band to perform, maybe around 8ish?  Admission is free.

If you have any other questions, feel free to write back.

Jamie Harmer
Director of Public Relations,
Association of Residence Hall Students
arhs@psu.edu>

You can also check out last year's website for Movin' On at
http://www.clubs.psu.edu/movinon/
This looks like it will prove to be quite the enjoyable event :)  Hope this
info helped everyone out...

Jackie

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 21:31:43 PST
From: "Alice Childress" <jbpastie2@hotmail.com>
Subject: jane

>album track listing
>
>Don't Change Your Plans
>Mess
>Magic
>Hospital Song
>I Thought About the Army
>Redneck Past/Your Most Valuable Possession
>Regrets
>Jane
>Lullabye

ahh! why'd they have to call a song
'jane'?!!! just a t on the end..

Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 02:16:37 EST
From: Eze114@aol.com
Subject: Chicago

Hey out there to all you Chicago/Midwesterners!!! Here is the info for the May
3 show at the Park West (312-929-5959). The tickets go on sale March 20th.
There is some thing about the Park West though---they are usuallya 21 and over
crowd, but I am gonna call and check to see if any younguns will be admitted
to this one. If not, I am going to cry!! -Erin

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 14:08:55 EST
From: Paul1681@aol.com
Subject: show help

hi...some of you might remember me as the kid from boston who can't see any of
the shows in april because i'm going to europe...(yes, it sucks...well, not
europe, but you know what i mean)  anyhoo...now, i see that they're playing
tufts (practically my backyard)  STUDENTS ONLY!!! argh!  can anyone help me?
i have friends who are students and my best friend is going there next year
and i've applied there...is there any way for me to sneak in?  please!
otherwise, i may be forced to try and get myself to kingston, rhode island
after an 8-hour flight from geneva.
thanks,
paul