Issue #1427 - March 7, 1999

Magical Armchair Digest     Sunday, March 7 1999     Volume 01 : Number 1427

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF, OR BY REPLYING TO THIS MESSAGE! If you are having trouble, send
mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

   Whenever there is a problem with the list, please check the list archive
address on the web (http://oeonline.com/bff/list) for updates.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    Hidden track & talking in 'Whatever'
    WAEA songbook
    i haven't been reading so don't shoot me
    new album
    bff songbooks in sydney
    Park West
    Re: BFF in newspaper
    How's everyone getting the album before me?
    what a day
    Elvin Bishop

Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 22:43:57 -0800
From: Clare <oakes@box.net.au>
Subject: Hidden track & talking in 'Whatever'

Someone was asking a while ago about where they could find an mp3 of the
between-track talking and the hidden track from Whatever. It's not an mp3
(my computer's too old) but for those of you who have the second pressing
of the cd and want to hear the talking and hiddern track, I've put a .wav
file and a transcription on my trivia page. Oh yeah: does anyone know
what sort of instrument is being strummed at the start of and
during 'Smoke'? I'm sure it's not a guitar but then maybe I'm wrong.
Anyhoo, check out the trivia page if you've always wanted to hear those
sounds.
       -Clare
	 Co:
- --
 **********************Have a go at the trivia quiz!********************
The In-Betweens...                         ...Clare's BEN FOLDS FIVE Page
Co:           http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Vine/3381          Co:

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 22:44:59 EST
From: Snlpiscopo@aol.com
Subject: WAEA songbook

I haven't gotten mine yet (it's on the way) but the officail site says it
contains music for all instruments.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 23:08:02 EST
From: Alanica@aol.com
Subject: i haven't been reading so don't shoot me

hello to all!

First of all if this comes across as a stupid question, I apologize, but I'm
going to ask based on my history teacher's philosophy "there is no such thing
as a stupid question."  Y'all are talking about having the new album
already..... how can I get it!!! If I ask someone in a local music shop that
has no clue who they are, is there a chance they might give me the promo???
How great it would be to have it now....

wishin' & hopein'
take care
Becca

"buzz buzz buzz"

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 23:48:57 EST
From: Lewbob2OOO@aol.com
Subject: new album

I was just wondering if it depresses anyone else to hear 2 people come on the
list who have heard TUBORM and talk about how different it is.  I like Ben
Folds Five's sound now more than anything I've ever heard.  Why do they think
they need to change so much?  I guess this might sound stupid, but it's just
my opinion.

Lewis

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 20:45:23 -0800 (PST)
From: Jessica Tan <gesika@rocketmail.com>
Subject: bff songbooks in sydney

I was wondering whether the person who posted about
allans music in sydney having bff songbooks soon has
any new news???
thanks
jess

===

- -----------------------------------------------------------"Yeah,
yeah,Yeah, yeah ,Yeah, yeah,Oh, yeah.""
   Song 2- Blur
ICQ#19261112

Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 01:22:24 EST
From: Sarah85520@aol.com
Subject: Park West

I was cheakin out the Ticketmaster webpage and found the part on Park West,
seeing if they had to say anything about the guyz... Nope, but I did see that
Rufus Wainwright is playing there March 27th at 7:30pm just for anyone
interested.
  And for all the folks that don't know where it is... It's at 322 W Armitage
in chi-town...If thats not helping much, if you have Yahoo, theres these words
under the spot where you type in what youre looking for and one of the options
is like, maps. Click it and then choose driving directions. You type in your
address and your destination and this little dude in your computer opens up
his maps and tells you the exact route.. The little guy amazes me.... To be
able to fold all those maps is incredible.
     Hope that helps a little
            Sarah

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 04:38:55 -0500 (EST)
From: Sam Scruggs <sscruggs@widomaker.com>
Subject: Re: BFF in newspaper

According to Magical Armchair Digest:
> this piece.  By the way, has anyone heard of the other bands??
> Gwar,and the Untamed Youth.....just wonderin if they're any good.

Ha! I hope you're kidding.  I don't know TOO Much about GWAR, but they are from my home state (Virginia),
and they are some shock-rock band (only term I could think to describe them - they wear huge evil-looking
costumes with spikes and masks and schtuff.)  Never listened to them, but I've seem specials on TV on
them (I think I may have seem them on Springer or something).  They've been around since the 80s, and
from what I've heard their music sucks and its their show (if that's the stuff your'e into) that is what
makes headlines.

Ya'll have to forgive me of the chattiness and non-bffish of this post.  Just now getting back from a
party at about 4:30, and I've been dead tired all day.  The gwar thing just sparked my interest.

- -Sam

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
Sam Scruggs                       http://www.widomaker.com/~sscruggs/
College and University Computers - Manager, MIS Department
sscruggs@cucinc.com                             http://www.cucinc.com
Meticulous Design Group - Principal, Co-founder
sscruggs@meticulous.com       >o^o<         http://www.meticulous.com
           *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-ooO-( )-Ooo-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
  "I saw a werewolf drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vic's.
                           .oooO Oooo.       His hair was perfect."
*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*(   )*(   )*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
                            \ (   ) /
                             \_) (_/

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 14:20:57 EST
From: PSYCHOPAF@aol.com
Subject: How's everyone getting the album before me?

Hey armchairers..

	I haven't posted in a long time, but.. I was just wondering how everyone's
got the TUBORM album before other people?.. something I'm not getting here.

Amy

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 14:51:00 -0500 (EST)
From: Eric Gugick <gugick2@TCNJ.EDU>
Subject: what a day

Well, I am very excited that I got my TLA tix today.  Anyone else going??
I also got tix for dmb at giants stadium on may 25.  Phew.  what a day.
Anybody in the philly area know anything about a venue on Chestnut called
the First Unitarian Church???  E-mail me if ya do.

eric

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 19:17:04 EST
From: PSYCHOPAF@aol.com
Subject: Elvin Bishop

Wow.. 2 posts in one day - amazing.

	Well, I was just paging thru my new Rolling Stones, and it has a few pages on
"guitar gods" and one of them is Elvin Bishop - like the song BFF sang on the
road. Are these the same person? I'm not going to include the paragraphs that
are there, because the have nothing to do with Elvin Bishop, but when he met
Michael Bloomfield. But, if you want to read the tear jerker, go to
www.rollingstone.com or buy the mag.

That is all.
Amy