Issue #1442 - March 21, 1999

Magical Armchair Digest    Sunday, March 21 1999    Volume 01 : Number 1442

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF, OR BY REPLYING TO THIS MESSAGE! If you are having trouble, send
mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

   Whenever there is a problem with the list, please check the list archive
address on the web (http://oeonline.com/bff/list) for updates.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    Change at the official site...
    ben lying about moving
    Free Sticker
    sydney in 97?
    join the buddy list!
    Moved!
    So yeah...
    amateur lovers
    Question:

Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 08:29:41 -0800
From: Clare <oakes@box.net.au>
Subject: Change at the official site...

At the first page of the official site (where it used to have 'Ben Folds Five' and
piano - bass - drums logos flashing), there's a new picture. Trouble is, I can't
see it. There's one of thoses annoying little 'picture unknown' icons instead
and when I try 'view this image' it says '404 Object not found' etc. Can anyone
else see it? The picture is called 'benfolds' so it must be of Ben or the band.
Anyway, go and have a look! (And don't forget to vote for ARMY in the JJJ Net
50!)
- -Clare.
- --
 **********************Have a go at the trivia quiz!********************
The In-Betweens...                         ...Clare's BEN FOLDS FIVE Page
Co:           http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Vine/3381          Co:

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 22:05:05 -0500 (EST)
From: aegeboff@unity.ncsu.edu
Subject: ben lying about moving

someone posed the theory that the band may break up if ben moves to
australia.  well...here's my take.

the band doesn't need to live down the street from each other to stay a
band.  there are plenty of bands that are only together when they are on
tour or in the studio making new records.  they create new material and
practice during soundchecks...time off?  they can fedex tapes full of
ideas to each other.  sure it takes a little more time, but it's
do-able.  a lot of bands wait until their studio time is booked before
they even think about new material--they just write it there.

i seriously doubt they would break up now.  they've got a great thing
going and it's really gonna catch on.  just because ben might be on a
different continent half-way around the world doesn't mean we should
worry.  robert's always lived a half hour away from the others, so it's
not like they're not going to know how to handle it...

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 22:03:20 EST
From: SuperJen4@aol.com
Subject: Free Sticker

Does anyone know whether you can still send away for the free sticker?

Thanks,
Jenny

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 02:51:57 PST
From: "Alice Childress" <jbpastie2@hotmail.com>
Subject: sydney in 97?

did THE band play a show in
sydney in 1997? if so, did
anyone here go? if so, did
anyone get a boot?
i know that all sounds very
obscure, but please help me
if you can! please email me.
thankyou!
from janet

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 04:24:05 PST
From: "Crystal Cooper" <crystal_bf5@hotmail.com>
Subject: join the buddy list!

hey
i'm trying to gather up some more buddy list members. anyone with AOL or
AOL instant messenger that would like some bff fans to chat to then
e-mail me. i'm finding that i'm often the only one online at the time
that i'm on, cause i'm the only aussie, so any australian people
especially, contact me please.
if you don't have instant messenger, you can download it from
www.aol.com for free.
also a blatant plug: go and see my webpage
(http://members.xoom.com/DrPyser265/bf5/). i've got desktop pictures and
other computer things there, and lots of other stuff.

Crystal

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"i remember the year i went to camp
 heard about some lady named selma and some blacks
 somebody put their fingers in the president's ears
 and it wasn't too much later they came out with johnson's wax"
 --> "Purple Toupee", They Might Be Giants

Coming Up For Air -- Crystal's Ben Folds Five page
http://members.xoom.com/DrPyser265/bf5/

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 18:50:57 EST
From: HndOfChaos@aol.com
Subject: Moved!

Well...I guess it's official now.

My site, The Strangest Things, now inhabits www.benfoldsfive.net. Thanks
muchly to Scott for the web space and to those of you who were kind enough to
write me...

~Kathryn
The Strangest Things
www.benfoldsfive.net

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 20:34:13 EST
From: Emmaline20@aol.com
Subject: So yeah...

So...today I heard "Army" on the radio...a CT station not known for playing
BFF. I was driving, so my eyes glazed over and I kind of just drove along in a
daze...thankfully there was no traffic :) I also found a promo copy of "In
Love" with a remix on it that's different from the one on the album....so I
was excited. Less than a month til Ben Folds Five in Amherst!! WHOOOHOOOO!!

Sarah ;)

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 22:45:22 -0500
From: joe s schanderson <schander@juno.com>
Subject: amateur lovers

sorry to break the news(if it hasn't been broken) but

AMATEUR LOVERS are searching for a new label and the "pretty much done"
new album is on indefinite hold.

As a friend of mine said, "it's scary when a band that good is hurting
for a label."

I second that.

(this is where everyone with label connections-HEY SONY GUYS-emails me
and asks for an AMATEUR LOVER'S email address so they can get a copy of
the new demos and "talk")

michigan joe

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 14:50:29 EST
From: Slk24kgj@aol.com
Subject: Question:

Who decided out of all the classic things Ben Folds Five say, someone picked
"MAGICAL ARMCHAIR" as the name of their fan club mailing list name?  There
could've been so many different things to choose.  The persons favorite song
must be Uncle Walter.