Issue #1447 - March 25, 1999

Magical Armchair Digest   Thursday, March 25 1999   Volume 01 : Number 1447

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF, OR BY REPLYING TO THIS MESSAGE! If you are having trouble, send
mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

   Whenever there is a problem with the list, please check the list archive
address on the web (http://oeonline.com/bff/list) for updates.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    Random stuff
    thanks...
    the six bens...
    army
    reinhold?
    Army single in Australia
    An interview with dem boys
    Australia and Japan tour dates
    Response to:  OADn200SF

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 19:00:43 PST
From: "Lauren Davis" <emaline83@hotmail.com>
Subject: Random stuff

Hey everyone,
   Last Saturday I was flipping through channels on TV and stopped on
Nickelodeon cause there was a giant ear of corn.  It looked interesting,
so I continued watching.  The show is called All That-anyway, the whole
point of me telling you this is because a BFF poster was hanging in the
background.  I thought that was pretty cool.
   It seems that everytime I turn on the radio, I hear Brick.  Why can't
they play Army?   Stupid Top 40 radio stations.
   I went to the webpage with the lyrics from TUBORM and noticed that
Magic is the same song as the one Darren put on The Garden Place album
called "The Magic That Holds The Sky Up From The Ground".  I like the
shortened title (Magic) better.  So far I've heard three songs from the
new album.  Just eight more to go.  I don't think I can wait any longer.

- -Lauren-
"Ride to live.  Relax and...um...biggie fries."
                                  -Ben Folds' philosophy

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 22:51:29 EST
From: FM3Red5@aol.com
Subject: thanks...

In a message dated 3/23/99 10:29:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-
armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl writes:

<< You don't have to lie Frank...I'm sure somebody would be happy to send
 you an MP3.  Chances of finding an army MP4 are slim. >>

well the mp4 was a typo...and go and check out my website if you don't believe
i'm a dj for my college radio station...http://members.aol.com/fm3red5...and
thanks to all that sent me the mp3!!...it almost got on the air today..but the
cd i put it on wasn't reading in the station cd players...

Frank

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 22:26:16 -0600
From: "Matt Jacobs" <mbjacobs@students.wisc.edu>
Subject: the six bens...

alright, I'm sure a bunch of you know what I'm talking about (or not), I'm
talking about the six little bens that are at the top of the www.bffweb.com
site.  You know, the little red guys where every now and then they do a
"white wave thing."  Anyway, if you don't know what I'm talking about, go
check it out, it's cool.
    That wasn't the point though; my point is that I put the little guys as
my background (I have a PC) in the tile format and the "white wave thing"
still happens!  So I have little bens turning different collors on my
background and it is really cool.  But you have to have it in "active
Desktop" mode.  Just try it, it rocks.

Matty J

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
matty j.
mbjacobs@students.wisc.edu
AIM- Lifeisski
ICQ# 25174853

If you want to be happy, be.
 Leo Tolstoy

My philosophy
Keeps me walking when I'm falling down
 Ben Folds (Five)

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 00:38:28 PST
From: "Alice Childress" <jbpastie2@hotmail.com>
Subject: army

does anybody know the australian
release date for the army single?
please email me if you do.

we have these painters at school
at the moment, and today from my
english room, we could hear their
radio, (JJJ) and army came on.
hyea. sitting there singing along
in class. ah, made the lesson much
better.
janet

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 00:46:13 PST
From: "Alice Childress" <jbpastie2@hotmail.com>
Subject: reinhold?

is the guy in the
red suit mr. messner?
(at the official site)
or am i completely stupid?
janet
sorry bout 2 posts
ps.i can't believe they still
haven't sold the ryder!

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 21:03:08 +1100
From: Julie <julianne@ronscomputers.com.au>
Subject: Army single in Australia

The release date for the Australian Army single (in Australia *duh*) is the
5th April

- -Julie 'anti-gavin'

Julie's Australian Ben Folds Five webpage
 http://www.angelfire.com/me/katefolds/

who needs today? wishing it away
you made a mess of me
- - Superdrag

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 13:02:02 +0000
From: David.J.Holloway@student.shu.ac.uk (David J. Holloway)
Subject: An interview with dem boys

Hey y'all
In May I'll be having doing an interview with the band (not sure if it's
one or all yet) for my website Helmet Heads (
http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/lot/5009 ) and I was wondering if
anybody had any questions for them. I figure getting questions from fans
is far better than me dreaming up things that I want to know.
Mail me at dave-holloway@usa.net (NOT THE ADDRESS I'M SENDING THIS MAIL
FROM) with any questions you want me to ask, be them funny or serious and
I'll do my upmost best...
Dave

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Ben Folds Five: Helmet Heads

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 13:42:25 -0500 (EST)
From: Frank Maynard <maynard@oeonline.com>
Subject: Australia and Japan tour dates

These just in as of today for Australia and Japan toward the end of the
summer.

Sun Aug 15     Auckland, NEW ZEALAND  @ Powerstation
Tue Aug 17      Brisbane, AUSTRALIA  @ Festival Hall
Thu Aug 19      Sydney, AUSTRALIA @ Hordern Pavilion
Sat Aug 21      Canberra, AUSTRALIA @ Royal Theatre
Mon Aug 23     Melbourne, AUSTRALIA @ Palais Theatre
Tue Aug 24      Melbourne, AUSTRALIA @ Palais Theatre
Thu Aug 26      Adelaide, AUSTRALIA @ Thebarton Theatre
Sat Aug 28      Perth, AUSTRALIA @ Burswood Theatre

Sat Sept 4              Fukuoka, JAPAN @ Zepp
Mon Sept 6              Nagoya, JAPAN @ Koseinenkin Hall
Tue Sept 7              Osaka, JAPAN @ Festival Hall
Fri Sept 10             Tokyo, JAPAN @ International Forum
Sat Sept 11             Tokyo, JAPAN @ International Forum

 -fjm
                        taking pictures and lifting off

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 12:57:32 EST
From: Astro111@aol.com
Subject: Response to:  OADn200SF

<<Anyway, my
bud played it for me a couple days ago, and my first impression when I was
listening to it is that it reminded me of the Beatles.  ...I'm not quite sure
why, or what specific song exactly.  Penny Lane kind of comes to mind.  I
don't know.  Maybe I'm just crazy. >>

Wow, that is verrry weird! That's what I thought too! Exactly.. I LOVE it..
It's stuck in my head, but I don't mind :) Anyone else think of the Beatles?

- -RobinA
  "Citing artistic differences the band broke up in May.."