Issue #1452 - March 30, 1999

Magical Armchair Digest    Tuesday, March 30 1999    Volume 01 : Number 1452

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF, OR BY REPLYING TO THIS MESSAGE! If you are having trouble, send
mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

   Whenever there is a problem with the list, please check the list archive
address on the web (http://oeonline.com/bff/list) for updates.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    Re: Losers
    New BFF CD
    Help...
    Re: Ben Folds Five Official Video News

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:24:14 -0800
From: Paul Rodriguez <mppr@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Losers

> From: "Leigh 13" <leigh13@mindless.com>
> Subject: Radio play, Australia, and Losers

> I joined the Spacehog fan2fan mailing list recently.  After
> sending a message introducing myself (mentioning BFF briefly, of course) I
> got a note back from Shipreked@aol.com saying simply, "fuck ben folds five."
> Ahh...such nice people in this world!  I give you all permission to harrass
> him to no end! :-)

Then, you might enjoy this from the Soul Coughing list.

From: "Christopher M. Stangl" <cstangl@blue.weeg.uiowa.edu>

> A lot of people who like TMBG like Ben Folds Five
...Which is of constant irritation to me, as TMBG is easily my
favorite band, and the Ben Folds Three, no matter how hard they try,
cannot escape the fact that since Jerry Lee Lewis went passe, most piano
rock inevitably sounds a good deal like Elton John.
                -Rev. Chris Stangl

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 21:29:42 +0200
From: Steffen Donath <SDonath@csi.com>
Subject: New BFF CD

Hi everybody!

Just got my hands on a promo copy of BFFs new album "The Unauthorized
Biography of Reinhold Messner" today. EXCELLENT!

Great piano playing by Ben and superbe harmony singing by the band. Well
worth the wait.

My favourites (in no particular order):
Narcolepsy
Mess
Lullaby

Nice work guys.

Steffen

Visit my Ben Folds Five webpage "Underground"

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/SDonath

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:27:39 -0600
From: "Mark E. Franzen" <sfranzen.mark@noctrl.edu>
Subject: Help...

I would like to know a website or all websites possible that I could get my hands on
an MP3 of ARMY or anything else off the new album.  I heard Steven's Last Night in
Town on the radio yesterday and it made me happy
mark

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 18:50:16 -0500 (EST)
From: Frank Maynard <maynard@oeonline.com>
Subject: Re: Ben Folds Five Official Video News

JKFett@aol.com wrote:

>look at the bottom. "Limited Edition Video Also Available," it says. This
>could be that video they were collecting all that footage for! STAY
>TUNED!

No, it's not the video they have been collecting. It's about 45 minutes of
footage and will be bundled with a limited number of CDs in the digi-pak
packaging.  The video won't be sold separately.

 -fjm
         You relived every page of self-help and New Age you had read