Issue #1472 - April 17, 1999

Magical Armchair Digest   Saturday, April 17 1999   Volume 01 : Number 1472

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF, OR BY REPLYING TO THIS MESSAGE! If you are having trouble, send
mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

   Whenever there is a problem with the list, please check the list archive
address on the web (http://oeonline.com/bff/list) for updates.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    2 Birds are better than 1 !
    Melbourne Palais
    Get Off Your Throne!
    Broadcast Show
    Spare Reels

Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 12:49:47 +0000
From: "Del" <prs14097-001@popmail.prestel.co.uk>
Subject: 2 Birds are better than 1 !

I really like the Army B-side 'Birds' but at 2.02 it's way to short.
After listening to it a few times I've noticed that you can easily
loop it, so I saved it as a .wav file and doubled the length of the
song without hardly any editing.

Del.

'You know it's Sad but True' Metallica

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 05:02:03 PDT
From: "Megan squires" <megtheegg@hotmail.com>
Subject: Melbourne Palais

Does anyone know when the tickets go on sale for the 2 Melbourne
Shows at the Palais on 23rd and 24th August? Please Email me at
megtheegg@hotmail.com   I don't want to miss out!!!!!!
Thanks

Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 11:06:22 -0400
From: Nick Weil <weil@fas.harvard.edu>
Subject: Get Off Your Throne!

You know what's so funny about people like KNULPREK@aol.com?  The way
they constantly drop the name of the new album . . . no, sorry, I mean,
the <bold>initials</bold> of the new album, as they give us their
meaningless reviews of it.  You know why this is so funny?  It HASN'T
BLOODY COME OUT YET!!!  Some folks may have sucked up and gotten advance
copies somehow, but most of us (oh my God!!) don't have the album yet.
There's so much self-congratulation on this list now!  Quit ruining The
Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner for those of us who are
waiting patiently until the 27th!  Just sit quietly and modestly, and
masturbate to thoughts of acquiring the album before everybody else.

- -------------

Hey folks,

Sign up to host pre-frosh!!

Just click here:  http://adm-is.fas.harvard.edu/beacon/formnew.asp

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 15:32:30 EDT
From: Snlpiscopo@aol.com
Subject: Broadcast Show

What program do you need to see and hear that Chicago Internet Broadcast Show
Thing? Is It Real Player?

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:29:43 PDT
From: "Steve Warden" <warden_s@hotmail.com>
Subject: Spare Reels

Just a thought here, but could it be possible that Spare Reels is the
video that they made from all the stuff they collected from fans
w/videos?  Maybe I'm wrong, but the timing seems to coincide pretty
well.  If I am wrong, and someone knows what they did with all those
videos, please let me know.

Waiting patiently(yeah right) for the next round of the tour.-Steve

"I don't fucking care anymore!"-Reel Big Fish