Issue #1486 - April 26, 1999

Magical Armchair Digest    Monday, April 26 1999    Volume 01 : Number 1486

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF, OR BY REPLYING TO THIS MESSAGE! If you are having trouble, send
mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

   Whenever there is a problem with the list, please check the list archive
address on the web (http://oeonline.com/bff/list) for updates.

    ahhh ahhh ahhhhhhwooahhhhhh
    the oxford american
    TFI Army mp3
    uk tour
    Pong Mania!!!!!!
    Finding The Video Pac
    Truth and Rumors in mp3?
    Autographed BFF CD at ebay

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 05:26:06 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jessica Willow <gesika@rocketmail.com>
Subject: Re: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #1484

oh my god.
Im sooo sorry for posting the digest again last time!
oops a daisy!
jess

===

Crusty Man
And a crusty old man said "I'll do what I can"
And the rest of the rats played marraccas
        - Pheobe
* if you don't really get it..um, dont worry its not
that important*

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 08:57:50 -0400
From: Sean Kiely <seank@cybernex.net>
Subject: ahhh ahhh ahhhhhhwooahhhhhh

I think regrets soudns like nintendo music...

sean

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 11:38:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: Judi Smith <jsmith@bc.seflin.org>
Subject: the oxford american

last year's issue of the oxford american "second annual double issue on
southern music" included an article/interview with bff and came with a cd
(a very eclectic cd!) featuring all kinds of southern music from the
staple singers to bobbie gentry to the mavericks and REM ("their first
song without bill berry!" it says)... and of course our boys doing 'tom
and mary' (the same version that was on NBP)...
i have an extra copy, still in plastic; the plastic covering the
magazine is opened, but the cd is still closed. for collectors who want
to have everything ever related to bff ;)
i would like to trade for something.... don't know what, tho a boot from
one of the shows on the new tour sounds awfully good right now. i would
consider other things tho, if anyone is interested.

judi smith                               all i know is i've gotta be
jsmith@bc.seflin.org                   where my heart says i oughta be
                                           it often makes no sense
would you catch me if i was falling?     in fact i never understand
  kiss me if i was leaving?                  these thing i feel
     hold me cause i'm lonely without you?     -- don't change your plans
                       -- round here                  ben folds five

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 16:59:55 +0100
From: "Will Brady" <will@benfoldsfive.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: TFI Army mp3

Hey 'chairers,

I've gotten hold of a full length copy of the 'Army' performance on TFI
Friday and encoded it into a full quality 128/44 mp3. This is to replace the
previous version which cuts out halfway through. You'll find it on my site:

http://www.benfoldsfive.freeserve.co.uk

See ya,

Will.
Ben Folds Five: The Man From Uncool
http://www.benfoldsfive.freeserve.co.uk

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 09:21:06 PDT
From: "emily burningham" <em_pet@hotmail.com>
Subject: uk tour

hello there
anyone know if the whole uk tour is sold out? i left it with my mate
to get a ticket for sheffield. should have known better....
if anyone has any spare tickets/info please let me know
thanks guys :)
yours,
knackard :)

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 13:51:10 EDT
From: BenFoldss5@aol.com
Subject: Pong Mania!!!!!!

Yo armchair posse!  OK, so I don't really say that, but I'm free to be who I
want in cyberland.  Anyway, has anyone tried the new pong game on the
official website?  IT ROCKS!  It's the same game with two paddles and a
little ball, except you can pick your paddle to be either Ben's, Darren's,
Robert's, or Reinhold's head!  And every time you hit the ball, the face
raises its eyebrows.  I played until I beat the other paddle and it said "You
Rule!"  No, you rule for making this game!  All I have to say is KICKASS!!!!

Jon.

PS, am I the only one who got six of those promo post cards in the mail?  As
if I wouldn't buy the album!

PPS, give us some west coast tour dates, BFF!!!

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 13:16:18 -0600
From: Justin <justin@eagle.cc.ukans.edu>
Subject: Finding The Video Pac

For all you people out there looking for thie video pack, here's a way to
get it:

I work at Hastings (for those in the midwest you might know that Hastings
is a damn fine video/books/records store) in Lawrence and we're getting 120
copies of TUBORM. We're getting 5 of the video pack. That's pretty standard
for stores around the country. I know that lots of stores now stay open
until midnight to sell new releases, including Hastings. If Hastings sells
out of the video pack, or any other store for that matter, ask them to
special order it. There might be some in their distribution centers that
haven't shipped, and that's a way to get the pack. So there you go. (If you
live in Lawrence and wanna chat with a fellow BFF junkie, e-mail me!)

And about the "Fear of Pop Vol. 2" comments, I think I said something about
that almost a month ago. And if ANY of you don't have "Fear of Pop Vol. 1"
yet, go and buy it!!!!! Listen to "I Paid My Money" and marvel at the
wonder that is Ben's talent.

Toodles,
Justin

- --
Justin Parlette
KU Radio Dude & Lover of all things shiny since 1980.
E-Mail: <justin@eagle.cc.ukans.edu>
"When Ben plays the piano, he hits it very hard."
	      -Scotty Folds, mother of Ben Folds
- -----------------------------------------------------
- -As of 4/25/99 There are 2 days until "The Unauthorized Biography of
Reinhold
 Messner"--The NEW Ben Folds Five album is released.

- -As of 4/25/99 There Are 24 Days Until "Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom
Menace" opens.
- -----------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 18:13:03 -0500
From: zapatilla@juno.com
Subject: Truth and Rumors in mp3?

Who is it who said that they put the "Truth and Rumors" CD on their
website in mp3 format?  I thought it was benfoldsfive.org, but I couldn't
find it there.  If that is the correct site, can someone tell me where on
the site I can find it?

Thanx,

Nacho Jesse

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 16:40:06 -0700
From: One Angry Dwarf <One_Angry_Dwarf@Hotmail.com>
Subject: Autographed BFF CD at ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=95904078