Issue #1521 - May 10, 1999

Magical Armchair Digest     Monday, May 10 1999     Volume 01 : Number 1521

   Send an e-mail message to:
          armchair-request@maillist.il.fontys.nl
with the word
          unsubscribe
in the message body. Please DO NOT POST UNSUBSCRIBE REQUESTS TO THE LIST
ITSELF, OR BY REPLYING TO THIS MESSAGE! If you are having trouble, send
mail to
          owner-armchair@maillist.il.fontys.nl
and I will try to help you. To change your address, first unsub yourself from

   Whenever there is a problem with the list, please check the list archive
address on the web (http://oeonline.com/bff/list) for updates.

TOPICS IN THIS DIGEST:

    Re: Ben and Glen
    Back pic
    Magical Armchair Digest V1 #1519-Aha-Sweet Success
    Re: #1518
    che
    US "Army" Single

Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 11:15:22 PDT
From: "Laura Cihocki" <singthepoems@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Ben and Glen

>But whatever
>happened to the idea of Ben doing something with Glen Phillips (formerly
>of Toad the Wet Sprocket).  I would have really liked to see something
>come out of that.

Me, too.  But from what I've read about this, the reporters who wrote about
it were jumping the gun.  There were never any plans, just a "here's an
idea" communication between the guys' managers.  I think Glen said somewhere
that the overdone media response might have "scared" Ben off.  Oh, well.
Maybe someone who knows more could fill us both in?

- --Laura in NJ

Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 14:19:28 EDT
From: Snlpiscopo@aol.com
Subject: Back pic

What is the picture on the back of tuborm?

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 15:57:43 EDT
From: PureGr8@aol.com
Subject: Magical Armchair Digest V1 #1519-Aha-Sweet Success

Hey fellow fivers..
  Just a note to let you all know that I was successful in finding an older
BFF fan,such as myself.....why... I received one whole E-mail!! So good to
know that I am not alone. Already purchaed tickets to the venue in St. Louis
for June 1.....(my thanks again to Amy for her help and e-mail) Hoping maybe
someone in charge of things may see that I am going to be there and maybe
give my husband and I preferential seating because of our "older" status.
Probably wont work ..but what the hell.......its worth a try anyway...thats
my motto!!!
 To those who follow BFF reviews...there is a really good review of TUBORM in
the May 1999 issue of Maxim written by Blair Fischer.
 In closing.......remember your mother today (Ü) and Happy Mothers Day to all
the moms.
 Later....... Robin D

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 14:23:44 -0700
From: "Paul A. Carlson" <PaulCarlson@audiophile.com>
Subject: Re: #1518

I don't know if my last message even made it to the list since something
happened with my email server lately so I have no idea if everyone is
bitching about the Dave and Ben thing that I mentioned or what.
Personally I do like the Dave Matthews Band and I thought the Dave and
Ben would put on a good show.  I have seen DMB in concert and it was
great, not as great as one of the best shows ever put on by Pearl Jam,
but still not bad.  And no, I am not a teenager and don't follow what
"everybody" likes.  I'm a free thinker which I hope most of you are
since you like BFF.  I think I'll be making the short little trip down
to Vegas to see BFF play in June since they have no dates close to
Sacramento.
- --

Paul Carlson
<PaulCarlson@audiophile.com>

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 17:27:37 EDT
From: SyN3RG3@aol.com
Subject: che

Hey,

I have a quick question - is anyone interested in doing a get together thing
for the nashville or atlanta shows? i know there was one last year but i
wasn't able to get to it. if anyone is planning one for either show, please
email me!

one more thing - i'm looking for a poster to put on my wall. if anyone has
any bff-related posters they'd like to trade, email me and we can set
something up.

always a sucker for a hot guy in a guevara t-shirt -
celine
http://members.aol.com/SyN3RG3/bff.html

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 18:45:40 +0000
From: kelly brewer <komodo@ionet.net>
Subject: US "Army" Single

	I'm not sure if this is accurate information, but I was on the Tower
Records webpage and they are taking advanced orders for BFF's "Army" single
that is suppose to come out on June 1.  Judging by the price ($2.99) I am
assuming that it is a US release.  However, it didn't mention what other
song(s) will be on the single.
	Just a side note, if anyone works at a music store or has friends that do,
have your (their) manager call Epic and see if they can get any promo stuff
for the new album.  Last summer, a guy at the store I work at did this and
got all sorts of cool stuff for the Verve album (stickers, posters, etc).

Love you guys,
Kristin